For those of us that have no time for the national team

GOAT

10 hours ago, GOAT said:

Aye but does it bother you?  Would you like to follow your country?  

Good question to be fair and the best answer I can give is I think I am too old and too far gone now to actually give a fuck about Scotland anymore and for pretty much the same reasons that you mention in your original post, Like many on here I used to go and support Scotland when I was younger especially the home internationals which being 56 I remember really well, Can also remember having a few pals round our house to watch Scotland matches when we were still of school age and going fucking tonto in my mum and dad's house when Scotland scored or won, Happy days and a different time which sadly feels like an actual lifetime ago, Now I just feel emptiness towards Scotland and that is being kind.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, GOAT said:

Whether it’s because it’s full of tarriers, or full of nationalists, or full of rangers hating bastards or because how the SFA have shafted our club or quite simply all of these.  Does it annoy you?

A small part of me is actually quite annoyed I can’t support my country because it’s full of nationalist, Rangers hating bastards and I think the reason I can’t support Scotland is why I hate international football so much. 

I’m stuck in a weird place with it.

Always used to argue with some Rangers fans on here that we all have a right to support our national team, and that just because some nationalists / Rangers hating cunts are in about it that we shouldn’t just hand it over. Rangers fans used to make up the biggest % of the tartan army back in the 80s and 90s. 

I’m now at a point where when I try and watch them, I can’t get passed the cunts that are in the stands, managing or playing. In my head I tell myself I want scotland to do well, but when watching it my heart rules and I want that prick Clarke humiliated or Callum McGregor to get injured so it damages the filths title chances.

International football is pish. Won’t find me supporting England or NI either, find that quite cringy when folk that have never stepped foot in the country pretend they support them for extra staunch points. 

For me it’s Rangers and that’s it now.

Back in the day, when I was a young man, I loved being a Scotland fan and made serious attempts to get to every game home and away. In memory I think it was a Scotland game in Aberdeen when I first heard Rangers players being booed, just because of who they played for. Something died in me that evening and I have never been to a Scotland game since.

Now I don't even watch them if they are on TV. No interest whatsoever.

As far as international football goes I watch the knock out stages of the World Cup and the same for the Euros but that's it. Internationals used to be on a Wednesday night (qualifiers) or post season and that was fine. These constant international breaks are a step too far and I watch nothing at those times.

Doesn't bother me.

If international football, including the world cup, was abandoned completely forever I wouldn't give a single fuck.

I only care about international football when one of our players is on duty and they get injured or are subject to unwarranted abuse from the tarriers. 

It's a complete waste of time, especially in the worlds current situation. 

The club should be taking the stance held by many big teams across Europe and refuse to release players for international duty.

I used to go to a lot of Scotland games and it one point couldn’t decide which game was bigger ,club match against the tarriers or international v England 

It was 2008 that done it for me ,the hatred pouring from everywhere because we wanted a game out back for Euro final was enough .

Interesting thing happened last night ,I watched most of the game just as background noise ,Got involved in a text chat with a mate who is a Jambo ,he admitted that he hoped Scotland got pumped for much the same reasons as I do .

SFA ,Scottish Fenian Association 

Haven't supported them properly since the qualifying campaign for Euro 2008. Nothing to do with the team being full of tarriers because they've always had players in the team and nothing to do with yes voters either because I think that's a ludicrous reason to stop supporting a team.

I just lost interest because I was sick of being repeatedly down by them and in recent years the management and team selections have been nothing short of a laughing stock.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Haven't supported them properly since the qualifying campaign for Euro 2008. Nothing to do with the team being full of tarriers because they've always had players in the team and nothing to do with yes voters either because I think that's a ludicrous reason to stop supporting a team.

I just lost interest because I was sick of being repeatedly down by them and in recent years the management and team selections have been nothing short of a laughing stock.

Glory hunter 

57 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Back in the day, when I was a young man, I loved being a Scotland fan and made serious attempts to get to every game home and away. In memory I think it was a Scotland game in Aberdeen when I first heard Rangers players being booed, just because of who they played for. Something died in me that evening and I have never been to a Scotland game since.

Now I don't even watch them if they are on TV. No interest whatsoever.

As far as international football goes I watch the knock out stages of the World Cup and the same for the Euros but that's it. Internationals used to be on a Wednesday night (qualifiers) or post season and that was fine. These constant international breaks are a step too far and I watch nothing at those times.

Remember going to my uncles house and watching the 74 World Cup, out of a dozen my dad and me were the only Bears. Sadly they bought into  the media driven demonisation of anything Rangers so much I have nothing to do with them or the SFAs team at all. 

1 minute ago, They Gnu said:

Remember going to my uncles house and watching the 74 World Cup, out of a dozen my dad and me were the only Bears. Sadly they bought into  the media driven demonisation of anything Rangers so much I have nothing to do with them or the SFAs team at all. 

The Scotland games were always something to bring people together from all clubs ,had some great days at games or in the pub with groups from other clubs ,That has gone now when you know that these other folk actually despise seeing Rangers players take the field .

Burley and the SMSM have a huge part in this .Boozegate was something that involved more than just 2 Rangers players but were the only 2 to be named and punished ,Not only punished but forced to sit in a stand and be demonised by the fans .

3 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

I still remember Germany. I was right behind the goal when Bremner missed that sitter v Brazil. Dropped my bottle of wine in the excitement. That was a good Scotland team though. 

1 minute ago, They Gnu said:

Four Crown or Eldorado?

It was the weirdest thing that day. 3 sets of barriers to go through and no alcohol allowed. Got through the last one and there was a stall selling alcohol. Me and my mate both bought a bottle there. Don't recall what type it was.

12 hours ago, GOAT said:

Whether it’s because it’s full of tarriers, or full of nationalists, or full of rangers hating bastards or because how the SFA have shafted our club or quite simply all of these.  Does it annoy you?

A small part of me is actually quite annoyed I can’t support my country because it’s full of nationalist, Rangers hating bastards and I think the reason I can’t support Scotland is why I hate international football so much. 

Aye. I used to go to Scotland games all the time. Only time I've ever stepped foot into the paedo dome when Rangers haven't been there. 

Last annual Wembley I was at was 1981, and the last Scotland game I was at was against Spain in 1984, the rot was already setting in, think all the shite about going to Argentina they attracted all the wankers to start going to these games, cunts that had never been to big games in their puff, I cringe when I remember that prick ally mcleod parading himself on the park as a messiah at hampdump before even getting to Argentina. That’s when the tarriers saw their chance to move in on and off the park, don’t be under any illusions it’s not just the mhanky mhob, the Scottish hierarchy has always been full of wee jealous dictators from time immemorial from lesser teams who despise Rangers. But it’s totally out of control now, well our control it looks like. I’m older and probably won’t go back as it will only get diluted more, that’s not a Scotland team now it’s a platform for virtue signalling, they know they’ll never win anything so it’s getting used as a political statement by the sfa puppets for the snp assembly. It would need cleaned out from top to bottom to turn it into football again? Who is going to do it ? Us ? 

Half-heartedly seen some of it in the pub last night. Early closure meant I didn't see the end. Went home, felt no desire to check the final outcome & only heard it on the news this morning. Used to be an ardent fan, tried not to miss a game. Went to Wembley every two years, was at Anfield in 77 & Cardiff in 85.

The Kilt / Timbie-wearin fannies who go now are a fuckin embarrassment. 

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I know this has probably already been discussed on here, but I know that at least 1 (maybe 2) taig players were told to self isolate. Does this mean they miss the old firm game?

You’d think so but I think we’ll have to wait for the outcome of Big Pete’s dialogue with ScotGov.

1 minute ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

You’d think so but I think we’ll have to wait for the outcome of Big Pete’s dialogue with ScotGov.

How many of their players does it involve? I know they said 3, but I take no interest in their squad so the only player I know for sure that isn't at them anymore is Tierney. 

13 hours ago, GOAT said:

Got to agree with you here mate, I was actually thinking yesterday about how I used to look forward to meeting up for a drink with my mates and watch Scotland. How times have changed, I don’t feel any affinity whatsoever with the national team mostly for all of the reasons you mentioned. I also can’t move away from the managers interview at Ibrox after getting pumped 5-1 and diverting to ‘sectarianism’, ironically the very song directed at Kris Boyd at Kilmarnock the week before by celtic fans, nothing to say about that then, hypocritical no mark...

Archived