Gerrard

TMB

Did we win a trophy yesterday ?

Nope not for nearly 3 years now under this guy.

It was a terrific win yesterday just like the one we had last year. When this squad and manager actually win trophys thats when the lot of them deserve all the praise coming their way.

Some of us are cautious as fuck because we have failed so many times under this manager........

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

It wasn't just a "draw" though it was the manner of it and I made that clear in the thread in question. 

We've had two hugely disappointing results already this season and yesterday could've been so much better had we not made an arse of it at Livingston and Easter Road, there's obviously an improvement on this time last season as we're 1 point better off and currently unbeaten, but the same parallels still exist as well. 

I would hardly say drawing against an in form Hibs team was "hugely disappointing" ffs. Better teams than this have went to Easter road and came away with nothing.

Playing against Livingston on that pitch is a complete lucky dip tbh, and as much as the result was pish, we just need to look at celtics results there recently and that puts our draw into perspective.

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Tbf to the fans who lost it after hibs or livi, they at least had evidence to back up their opinions

The same failings in games, the same tactics undoing us

We scudded the tarriers at parkhead last season, was a joy, we had an absolute dream run of games till the march OF game where some people were predicting we'd be x amount clear before scudding them, and we know how that turned out, covid saved us from probably finishing 20 points behind they bastards 

So far this season we have been almost flawless, bar one or two blips its been good, but it's october, its the worst tarrier team since probably lennons first time there, 

At the end of gerrards rangers career he'll be judged on trophies, so far he has dropped the ball on that one, hopefully end of this season he adds his name to the likes of smith, eck etc who have won trebles

We're clear at the top of the league and unbeaten. We're ahead on points compared to last season. We've scored most goals, conceded fewest, only 3 in 11 games. We're denying scoring opportunities, yesterday the scum had 0 efforts on target.

Seems like those failings and tactics that are our undoing are being addressed given our stats. Long may it continue.

14 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I've called you out for not giving praise where due. You've said you have and if so then I stand corrected.

I've looked for them, don't see them, its almost like they're not there but you're saying they are. Which I'm sure isn't the case so I'm asking directly which posts yesterday you made praising the manager.

Which posts?

Told you before the match thread. 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We're clear at the top of the league and unbeaten. We're ahead on points compared to last season. We've scored most goals, conceded fewest, only 3 in 11 games. We're denying scoring opportunities, yesterday the scum had 0 efforts on target.

Seems like those failings and tactics that are our undoing are being addressed given our stats. Long may it continue.

Fucking right, hopefully it does continue, for the next decade would be nice, but after the last two seasons id prefer winning the next 2 league games for now

14 hours ago, evenstevens said:

My quick thoughts. 

We've beat them before with high press, high tempo, in their face and swarmed them.

That was different. It was like a perfect European away tie. I've seen European sides come to Ibrox and do that to us. It was so controlled. And I loved the way we spoiled the game when we needed to. Efficient and ruthless. Loved it. 

Exactly, I said the exact same thing in the match thread. It was the exact same game as Galatasaray.

We have perfected our European tactics and our game management has approved with experience too. This type of game suits us. Once we know how to beat the rest of the SPL consistently we will be unstoppable. 

We just need to win trophies so the squad believes it too. 

22 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Fucking scary stuff, pure_quality had a bit of a mare, no doubt drink fuelled

Came on this morning and he had mentioned me about 5 or 6 times last night along with another mental case. Imagine spending your Saturday night on here pulling posts when we have just beat them at Torbit towers.

Its tragic behaviour and a few posters seem they would rather dig Rangers fans than celebrate a win against them. Sign of what a small section have become though 

Just now, BlueMe said:

I would hardly say drawing against an in form Hibs team was "hugely disappointing" ffs. Better teams than this have went to Easter road and came away with nothing.

Playing against Livingston on that pitch is a complete lucky dip tbh, and as much as the result was pish, we just need to look at celtics results there recently and that puts our draw into perspective.

They won on the Saturday to go top, we buckled under the heat on the Sunday against Hibs. 

They get games postponed so we have a chance to put points on the board and put them under serious pressure by the time they played again, turned up at Livingston and played woeful, only coming alive in the last ten minutes of the game. 

We've took 3 points off them yesterday, can't go giving them back in the space of no time at all. 

5 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

It was the manner of dropping the points to livi and hibs, points wise, the worst tarrier team in a decade had more points per game pre yesterday than we did yet this is the best start to a season in god knows how long for us

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The amount of people that willingly refuse to acknowledge the part in bold is alarming. 

Mate look I share the caution. There is no trophy handed out for 2 wins in a row at Parkhead.

But what you need to acknowledge is that you want (or wanted, I'm not sure if yesterday has bought him more time in your view) Gerrard out, when the season is well underway, to bring in a new manager in GVB who has to win one of the most important league wins in our history with a set of players that aren't his and in a country (if we even managed to get him) he probably hasn't stepped foot in in near 20 years.

That was an absolutely mental take on it.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Mate look I share the caution. There is no trophy handed out for 2 wins in a row at Parkhead.

But what you need to acknowledge is that you want (or wanted, I'm not sure if yesterday has bought him more time in your view) Gerrard out, when the season is well underway, to bring in a new manager in GVB who has to win one of the most important league wins in our history with a set of players that aren't his and in a country (if we even managed to get him) he probably hasn't stepped foot in in near 20 years.

Wim jansen says hello btw lol

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

They won on the Saturday to go top, we buckled under the heat on the Sunday against Hibs. 

They get games postponed so we have a chance to put points on the board and put them under serious pressure by the time they played again, turned up at Livingston and played woeful, only coming alive in the last ten minutes of the game. 

We've took 3 points off them yesterday, can't go giving them back in the space of no time at all. 

I don't think we played badly against Hibs tbh and we were very unlucky not to win it.

Livingston pitch played a huge part in our performance there.

Kilmarnock next week is huge.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

It was the manner of dropping the points to livi and hibs, points wise, the worst tarrier team in a decade had more points per game pre yesterday than we did yet this is the best start to a season in god knows how long for us

Not sure where this idea is coming from tbh? 

As much as Lennon seems to be taking them backwards at the moment, they're still the team to beat and have won 11 trophies on the bounce.

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I wanted him sacked immediately after our last visit to Tynecastle, and so far this season I've already seen the same problems cropping back up again. 

Posted previously that he simply has to win the League Cup this season for me, if its another failure in that tournament I'd have serious doubts about this teams ability of winning anything under him. 

11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Fucking right, hopefully it does continue, for the next decade would be nice, but after the last two seasons id prefer winning the next 2 league games for now

Away to Killie still gives me the fear

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

As much as Lennon seems to be taking them backwards at the moment, they're still the team to beat and have won 11 trophies on the bounce.

We've gifted them every trophy they've won since Lennon went back imo. 

12 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Mate how can you say that we buckled under the heat away to hibs on the Sunday yet yesterday the pressure on us to win that game was immense given they could have went 2 clear with a game in hand?

Yesterday was more pressure on us than the hibs game 

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Mate how can you say that we buckled under the heat away to hibs on the Sunday yet yesterday the pressure on us to win that game was immense given they could have went 2 clear with a game in hand?

Could argue the fact it was an away OF game means we weren't expected to win

Needing to win and expected to win seem to work differently on our players, 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Could argue the fact it was an away OF game means we weren't expected to win

Needing to win and expected to win seem to work differently on our players, 

So posters can decide what constitutes pressure and buckling under it if it suits their outlook?

8 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

I don't think we played badly against Hibs tbh and we were very unlucky not to win it.

Livingston pitch played a huge part in our performance there.

Kilmarnock next week is huge.

This is easily the worst tarrier team for a decade imo, they arent playing for lennon, half them want out, they are disjointed, unorganised, shambolic

Even deilas team that we beat on penalties absolutely murdered us stats wise that day, 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

So posters can decide what constitutes pressure and buckling under it if it suits their outlook?

It depends on how you look at the games, we needed to win yesterday to stop them getting a massive foothold in the league, but in all honesty, even with their call offs, were the players expected to win

Whereas when we went to easter road the expectation was that we'd win, probably keep the clean sheet recors going etc 

Thats a completely different mentality, same as last season, we needed to win at parkhead again, but we weren't expected to, whereas we were expected to go to Tynecastle and beat a terrible hearts team, 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

We dealt with the pressure really well yesterday but with the Hibs game it was more seeing how this side could cope in a must win game after the tarriers went top the day before. 

I think selik were under far more pressure than us yesterday to win that game imo,a draw would've suited us. 

Archived