Arfield Injury

Brackley Bluenose

No chance he recovers in time from that. He couldn't even walk off the park.

I have a feeling Zungu is going to seamlessly fill in for Jack & Arfield in the coming games. Nothing spectacular going forward but defensively sound (like Jack)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I have a feeling Zungu is going to seamlessly fill in for Jack & Arfield in the coming games. Nothing spectacular going forward but defensively sound (like Jack)

Thats exactly what i was thinking regarding filling in for jack, dont know who could fill arfields role though. Ive seen it before with players being stretchered off and making the next game. Not saying thatll happen with Arfield but sometimes an injury appears worse initially than it actually is. 

18 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I'm not sure zungu looks as positionally disciplined, he seems to drift forward a bit more. That might actually be a good thing in some easier games, but won't work with teams that bit savvier with tactics 

1 minute ago, MurrayWilson said:

Thats exactly what i was thinking regarding filling in for jack, dont know who could fill arfields role though. Ive seen it before with players being stretchered off and making the next game. Not saying thatll happen with Arfield but sometimes an injury appears worse initially than it actually is. 

Aribo had started the last two games in place of him. As much as we all love Scotty, Aribo is slightly better any way. 

I do hope Arfield is not long-term.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm not sure zungu looks as positionally disciplined, he seems to drift forward a bit more. That might actually be a good thing in some easier games, but won't work with teams that bit savvier with tactics 

He's Jack's clone imo. He just hasn't played enough to win the support over yet.

He may play on Wednesday but it will be Davis on Saturday with Kamara & Aribo.

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He's Jack's clone imo. He just hasn't played enough to win the support over yet.

He may play on Wednesday but it will be Davis on Saturday with Kamara & Aribo.

You said yesterday zungu will play next week against the tarriers 

1 minute ago, gazza27 said:

You said yesterday zungu will play next week against the tarriers 

Did I? I honestly think he would be perfect in that role against them but the more I think about it, he isn't leaving out Davis or Kamara for him is he?

Turnbull needs watching next week. Zungu would fill that role in Jack's absence.

Just now, bluenoz said:

Did I? I honestly think he would be perfect in that role against them but the more I think about it, he isn't leaving out Davis or Kamara for him is he?

Turnbull needs watching next week. Zungu would fill that role in Jack's absence.

You did mate.hed be no where near the starting 11 for me next week against them 

20 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Zungu is completely untested in the big games and was part of the St Mirren debacle..  for me vs the Tarriers it should be Mcgregor, Tav, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Davis, Kamara, Aribo, Kent, Morelos, Roofe. 

47 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Aribo had started the last two games in place of him. As much as we all love Scotty, Aribo is slightly better any way. 

I do hope Arfield is not long-term.

Aye, aribo is a more gifted footballer for sure. And thats not a put down on arfield. Its took him a few games to get back in his stride after the injury but he is getting there. I actually thought that leading up to the last game against celtic he was the best player in the country and i was gutted that he was going to miss it. The media went on and on about the players they had missing but never mentioned us missing Aribo.

57 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

Zungu is completely untested in the big games and was part of the St Mirren debacle..  for me vs the Tarriers it should be Mcgregor, Tav, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Davis, Kamara, Aribo, Kent, Morelos, Roofe. 

The only change I would make there is Balogun for Helander. Whilst I like Helander his lack of pace worries me especially if they play the Thumb and Edouard. 

Helanders positional sense and reading of the game is good though, but don't know if that would be enough. 

33 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

This whole post is just ridiculous.

How can you come to the conclusion that he would be perfect in that role when literally just over a week ago we learnt how much of a disaster leaving Davis out for him was?

Zero to suggest he can fill in for Jack either. Zungu appears in that starting line up when it’s released next week and I will immediately feel we are weakened 

29 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

:mutley:

Sit in front of the back 4 help nullify their 2 forwards then any time we’ve a set piece we’ve an extra threat against a team that can’t defend crosses , anyway I was talking to the MYGers gold members 😂

10 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The idea of Zungu playing against them next weekend gives me the fear.

Looks for far too much time on the ball. Shouldn’t have been near the St Mirren game and shouldn’t in a million years be near the derby

He gives me the fear man, don’t see anything in him.

Archived