Ianis Hagi

RockwellGers

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gheorghe Hagi knows.......

And speaking on a TV station in his homeland the Rangers star's father issued a robust defence of his son.

It was put to Hagi Sr that Ianis signed to be a starter, but has often been left out this season.

"No," Gheorghe hit back. "He signed for Rangers.

"He has played and will play when the coach thinks he should.

"He's playing every three days in Scotland and I think up to this point he's played the most of all the attacking players.

"He has the most minutes played. He's played a lot!"

The host then moved to say that Hagi hasn't played much recently.

But his father responded: "The season started in July, not November! I repeat: Ianis plays when he thinks the coach has to. He plays for a phenomenal team, the best in Europe.

"They're the only team not to have lost a match and they've conceded the fewest goals.

"In Great Britain everyone talks only about Rangers.

"Steven Gerrard has done a good job, the team is united and strong. Ianis has done very well too, he was ranked the best passer in Scotland.

"There's competition at big clubs!

"I went to Real Madrid and Barcelona, sometimes I played and sometimes I didn't.

"They haven't lost a single match in the league or in Europe. Think about it!

"He feels good there, he has competition and it's not easy to play at Rangers. He wants to and you will see that he will play. The club is satisfied with him, they view him very well.

"He'll grow a lot in terms of mentality over there, in power and playing without the ball.

"The football there is more direct, stronger. He's going to get better."

3 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

And speaking on a TV station in his homeland the Rangers star's father issued a robust defence of his son.

It was put to Hagi Sr that Ianis signed to be a starter, but has often been left out this season.

"He's playing every three days in Scotland and I think up to this point he's played the most of all the attacking players.

But his father responded: "The season started in July, not November! I repeat: Ianis plays when he thinks the coach has to. He plays for a phenomenal team, the best in Europe.

"They're the only team not to have lost a match and they've conceded the fewest goals.

"Steven Gerrard has done a good job, the team is united and strong. Ianis has done very well too, he was ranked the best passer in Scotland.

"I went to Real Madrid and Barcelona, sometimes I played and sometimes I didn't.

"He feels good there, he has competition and it's not easy to play at Rangers. He wants to and you will see that he will play. The club is satisfied with him, they view him very well.

"He'll grow a lot in terms of mentality over there, in power and playing without the ball.

Quite honestly, the things this man is saying about my club are filling me with pride. That's made my day

5 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Superb stuff from big Geo!

Hagi may have a very important role to play in the second half of the season. I expect him to be more effective going forward because of his recent contribution and the confidence he surely has gained from that.

I think he'll have a few assists and the odd goal in the coming weeks, looking forward to his continued improvement. 

He is growing more and more on to the season.
I love his versatility, he can be used on both wings, as a n°10 and in midfield of 3 in 433. If we keep being patient, we'll see the results, maybe we signed a gem from Genk.

Archived