C*ltc

• Replies 41.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TMB said:

Lennon wasn’t responsible for any of them, it was John Park.  John Park identified Izaguirre and Hooper too.  Of course, Lennon gets all the plaudits because he’s the manager at the time but it was the scouting system that did all the work.  

I know mate, but try telling them that!

42 minutes ago, King Jela said:

It surely must be an improvement on what they already had, at the very least. 

celtic only conceded 20 league goals last season which is a good record.

Fulham we’re ready to pay £8m for Boyata last summer and he’s just walked out the door for free.  Benkovic had a good amount of game time under his belt as well and he’s went back to Leicester.  celtic will need to replace those two CBS and find another RB to replace Lustig.

Hopefully this French guy is equal to or worse than guys like Boyata and Benkovic and they’re just treading water.

11 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

I know mate, but try telling them that!

Lennon has had a cheeked life with them ‘to date’. He benefited as our club was going through great turmoil thereafter he had no competition in a one horse race for the titles he took as we embarked on our ‘journey’. His true capabilities were more identified by the amount of cups he could not negotiate with clearly the strongest squad in the league. I honestly believe we now have a strong enough squad to mount a credible challenge, more signings to come potentially from both teams but hopefully I’ll be proved correct...

8 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Lennon has had a cheeked life with them ‘to date’. He benefited as our club was going through great turmoil thereafter he had no competition in a one horse race for the titles he took as we embarked on our ‘journey’. His true capabilities were more identified by the amount of cups he could not negotiate with clearly the strongest squad in the league. I honestly believe we now have a strong enough squad to mount a credible challenge, more signings to come potentially from both teams but hopefully I’ll be proved correct...

Spot on assessment. 

Looking at the league tables when he was in charge he had 1 season with an impressive points tally. Other than that, all I can think of is a one off result against barca. His number of cups is shocking when you consider we were on the 'journey'. 

In fairness we had a strong enough squad last season to make a credible challenge. Now most of our squad will have had a season together, they need to rebuild their defence and possibly replace mcgregor (based on the OF games he seemed to be their most important player), they have a weaker manager, and Stevies had a years in the job. They'll be favourites next year, but I get the feeling the season coming will be 55.

46 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Sun reporting that Man Utd are looking at bidding 50M for John Mcginn. 

If true the fat jap will be spewing in his sushi for playing hardball with hivs last year 

McGinn a £50m player.

The transfer world down south is actually mental.

Good player but... £50m

1 hour ago, Robmc1 said:

Bang on mate.

I genuinely see this going tits up for them big time. We've heard all the stories about our 9iar side and all the pressure they had to deal with as it approached. The pressure is all on them and lennon will not and cannot cope with it. A couple of bad results will see him lose it, their fans lose it and players playing for them that will not want it.

I agree with you on our squad to and we have to make sure we capitalise!

7 minutes ago, Badger said:

McGinn a £50m player.

The transfer world down south is actually mental.

Good player but... £50m

The market was well out of control anyway thanks to TV cash in the top 5 leagues. Then the Naymar 200m transfer ramped it right off the scale. 

50m wanted for Mcginn to put it into perspective that's more than double what our EBT tax bill was (before penalties and interest were added on ) built up over 10years 

Hivs were delighted with what they received but a year playing in a league below elite level and his value rockets almost 20 times. 

Football is fucked. Fucked right up 

4 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Bang on mate.

I genuinely see this going tits up for them big time. We've heard all the stories about our 9iar side and all the pressure they had to deal with as it approached. The pressure is all on them and lennon will not and cannot cope with it. A couple of bad results will see him lose it, their fans lose it and players playing for them that will not want it.

I agree with you on our squad to and we have to make sure we capitalise!

Last season this so called great side walked into Ibrox and both times we absolutely schooled them 

I know it's true that a good side can play bad but we absolutely dominated them and they crumbled 

With the free run they have had for 8 years they should be miles in front. If we go on and win the league this year(which I think we will) it will highlight everything that is wrong with this "impeccably run" club 

8 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

The market was well out of control anyway thanks to TV cash in the top 5 leagues. Then the Naymar 200m transfer ramped it right off the scale. 

50m wanted for Mcginn to put it into perspective that's more than double what our EBT tax bill was (before penalties and interest were added on ) built up over 10years 

Hivs were delighted with what they received but a year playing in a league below elite level and his value rockets almost 20 times. 

Football is fucked. Fucked right up 

£50m is enough to buy Hibernian football.  The stadium, the players, everything.  It’s a ludicrous amount of money.

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

£50m is enough to buy Hibernian football.  The stadium, the players, everything.  It’s a ludicrous amount of money.

For the same player with 12months exposure, its not as if he has become twice the player 

50m is enough to buy hibernian the stadium the players and all the flats that could be built on the Easter road site should they use the land for housing. 

As you say ludicrous. 

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

If true the fat jap will be spewing in his sushi for playing hardball with hivs last year 

No. Fucking. Way.

If true then conclusive proof the Man Utd transfer bod should be sectioned.

10 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

No. Fucking. Way.

If true then conclusive proof the Man Utd transfer bod should be sectioned.

Its what the Sun are reporting. Take from that what you want. 

Went on Facebook earlier and there's a couple of Villa fans I have as friends commenting that 50m is a bargain and he's worth more 😂

The 50 million thing has the hallmarks of sellic mince of circulating ridiculous prices before he actually goes for a much lower price. He'll no go for that. :lol:

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

The 50 million thing has the hallmarks of sellic mince of circulating ridiculous prices before he actually goes for a much lower price. He'll no go for that. :lol:

He does have a unique quality though as the world's ugliest player 

11 hours ago, magic8ball said:

celtic's PR team must have forgot that they didn't sign him when they made this latest story up 😉

59 minutes ago, frenv said:

celtic's PR team must have forgot that they didn't sign him when they made this latest story up 😉

That's not true. Apparently they have no control over what the papers print. We'll that's according to the fat jap. 

Aye right Pedro 

Archived