The barren years .. Then Complete Euphoria

eejay the dj

1 hour ago, Steakbake said:

Brilliant memories Eejay the dj - thanks for sharing as 75 was my first.

It was actually 11 years since we last won it in 1975 as we hadn't won it since the treble year of 1964.

Kilmarnock won it in 65 before the pigs run started.

This will be the sweetest of all . 55 ! 

53 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

You are spot on mate .I had forgotten Killie won it in 65 

Saw a couple of amtches in 63 and 64 and really started going to all the home games in the 65 season.
Was mostly home and away around 68/69 season and 75 was a bad year for personal reasons,and fuckin missed the party.
Was up in sheepville in 87 and think i made up for 75 and celebrated by trying to empty a 40 ouncer of Red Label from the gantry in a boozer in the city centre.  
Really quite calm about the oncoming celebrations,and have a bottle of Blue Label at the ready, i got it as a retirement present 6 years ago from one of my kids.

18 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Days that will never be forgotten by Rangers or any of our supporters .

1975 Easter Road .

11 years of pain ended in glorious celebrations on and off the park .

1987 Pittodrie Stadium 

9 years without a league title and Rangers fans go berserk “ on and off the park .

2 of the best days of my Rangers supporting life .And most likely any bear that was alive or present at these games .The memories .the stories .

2021......? To be continued 

Lucky and old enough to have been at both.

18 hours ago, Rmc54 said:

This def feels bigger , I was there 1975, but because of what we have gone through to get to this point makes this bigger. The outpouring of emotions will be massive. I don't think the enormity of it all will  really sink in till it's finally over the line.

No question it is bigger. We nearly didn't have a club to support and then had a year where title stripping was the key for our rivals. In my 55 years supporting Rangers this is going to top the lot. Really hoping we can retain our key players, recruit just as well for 21-22 and have Gerrard and the squad just as motivated as this year. Hopefully if we do that we can exert some dominance.

Lovely piece of play from Sandy Jardine just before our equaliser at Easter Road, very Tavernier-like. :lol:

Been going to Ibrox since 1968 so I remember these games very well together with Laudrup at Tannadice, Hateley killing off Aberdeen and, of course, Helicopter Sunday.

But, given the depths we were in just a few years ago, and the collective hatred shown to us by so many envious, petty diddy teams, the string of chancers who abused the club to line their pockets plus the mistakes we ourselves made along the way, I have to say that 55 will top all of these great days of glory from the past.

There’s not the tension of going right to the wire (which in some ways make it even sweeter) and we know it is no longer “if”, it is “when”.

We’ve played our second shot on the 18th to within six inches of the hole and we’re strolling up the fairway with a ten shot lead.:champions:

Enjoy these days and weeks, bears, the complete collapse across the city is an amusing sideshow but, even at their best, they could have done fuck all to stop the Rangers juggernaut this season.

We reclaim our rightful place and I have complete faith in our management team to keep us there.

WATP

On 24/02/2021 at 06:30, eejay the dj said:

Days that will never be forgotten by Rangers or any of our supporters .

1975 Easter Road .

11 years of pain ended in glorious celebrations on and off the park .

1987 Pittodrie Stadium 

9 years without a league title and Rangers fans go berserk “ on and off the park .

2 of the best days of my Rangers supporting life .And most likely any bear that was alive or present at these games .The memories .the stories .

2021......? To be continued 

I must be in the 75 video somewhere as I know I was right behind the goal that Stein scored into, great day.

Christ, these clips take me right back!

Remember going to first match at Ibrox in 1973, a torrid time in those schooldays as all the Tims were just as arrogant as fuck then.

But 'cos we'd just won in Barcelona, there was a feeling we could have a go - who knows why it never clicked in that season (73-74) as we'd basically the same team as in that clip. A lot of club mainstays - McCloy, Greig, Jardine, Jackson, Forsyth, MacDonald, McLean, Parlane. 

Then at the end of the season we beat celtic 3-2 wo win the cup, which laid the foundations for the season to follow that ended celtic's run before they could get to 10. 

Old habits die hard! :lol:

Never forget 1975.

It was our player of the year dance that night and everyone on the bus had strict instructions to get back as quick as possible after full time. (Fail).

Nae drink on the bus rule. (Fail). Bus was awash with champagne (well Pomagne) on the way back.

To top of a fantastic day and night , Stewart Kennedy our player of the year actually turned up .

Archived