The barren years .. Then Complete Euphoria

eejay the dj

Days that will never be forgotten by Rangers or any of our supporters .

1975 Easter Road .

11 years of pain ended in glorious celebrations on and off the park .

1987 Pittodrie Stadium 

9 years without a league title and Rangers fans go berserk “ on and off the park .

2 of the best days of my Rangers supporting life .And most likely any bear that was alive or present at these games .The memories .the stories .

2021......? To be continued 

Great memories of '75 as I was at Easter Road that day with my Bro & late Dad.

'85 was living in Kent with a wee radio on top of 2 books on top of the fridge in the kitchen as it was only place I could get Radio Scotland. Signal kept coming & going and I had to stop preparing a salad for my tea as hands were shaking so much and that I took a couple of chunks out of my fingers.

:lol::lol::lol:

After the Easter Road 1-1 draw I was in Waverley station with hundreds of fans in a cross-walk above the tracks when the end doors opened on the Market Street side and John Greg came in. All the fans rushed him and he thought better of it and promptly left. I spent most of my school years without a league win so this was a massive day.

1975 Easter Road was emotional, the size of support we took there was phenomenal. Turnstiles just couldn't cope and myself amongst hundreds of others were lifted up over the wall to get in to make it for kick off , had never seen anything like the before or since. The video clip posted brought it all flooding back , amazing. Now a new generation of young fans will be able to enjoy those moments , just a real pity that it won't be in the ground, but they should still soak up the moments when it does come because I know this older bear will be .

before my time. 55 will be something special but it fucking hurts that we won't be able to be in the stadium celebrating with the players. and if we go out to george square/ibrox after the game to celebrate in our thousands then it's just gonna be an excuse for the police, sfa, spfl, government, celtic fans, to get a kick in at us. 

hope i never need to see us wait this long to win a title again. will be an emotional day but will be so good to put a close to the last 9 years. 

This def feels bigger , I was there 1975, but because of what we have gone through to get to this point makes this bigger. The outpouring of emotions will be massive. I don't think the enormity of it all will  really sink in till it's finally over the line.

54 minutes ago, jamess said:

Think this is bigger as back then we didn't have such poor teams, poor leadership, feeling helpless with sharks in charge and hadn't fallen so far.

I agree with this ,I was too young to remember 75 but remember 87 well .

There definitely wasn’t the same atmosphere as today .So much has changed since then ,Most games on Tv and there was no socIal media back then to whip the frenzy .Add in back then we won a few cups in the years between the league wins .

5 hours ago, Falkirk Blue said:

1975 was before my time and I was 4 years old in 1987, I am going to relish this one and pray we never have to wait so long for a title again.

Similar to me, I was only 3 in 87. This is going to be massive as until 2012 id took Rangers winning something most years for granted. 

9 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Days that will never be forgotten by Rangers or any of our supporters .

1975 Easter Road .

10 years of pain ended in glorious celebrations on and off the park .

1987 Pittodrie Stadium 

9 years without a league title and Rangers fans go berserk “ on and off the park .

2 of the best days of my Rangers supporting life .And most likely any bear that was alive or present at these games .The memories .the stories .

2021......? To be continued 

At least we still won trophies during the 80’s and there was numerous occasions when the tarriers only won the league on the last day during their original 9 in a row.  The last ten years aren’t even comparable, this is going to be brilliant I’m just gutted there won’t be fans there to see it.

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

At least we still won trophies during the 80’s and there was numerous occasions when the tarriers only won the league on the last day during their original 9 in a row.  The last ten years aren’t even comparable, this is going to be brilliant I’m just gutted there won’t be fans there to see it.

They are all special days , just different times in history . Although this could probably top the lot 

4 hours ago, Billy1984 said:

Similar to me, I was only 3 in 87. This is going to be massive as until 2012 id took Rangers winning something most years for granted. 

I have brilliant memories of both days for different reasons 

In 1975 , my brother wouldn't take me after pleading with him . I had a good day celebrating as a young boy but not having the experiernce of being there . I was so gutted , i never took any chances the following season . And went to the 1976 Scottish Cup final without my parents knowing anything about it . 

In 1987 , was working up in Aberdeen but always remember phoning my Mum to tell her , this was the most exciting moment of my life watching Rangers . I had my ticket and it turned out to be better than most of us could ever imagine . What an amazing day . Pittodrie was complete bedlam .In those days , things were so much more relaxed at their ground . Their fans hadn't really started hating us at this point , That  just developed over the coming season. The day was so  crazy it will never happen again in that shitehole of a ground. Unforgettable for any supporter that was there though  

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

I have brilliant memories of both days for different reasons 

In 1975 , my brother wouldn't take me after pleading with him . I had a good day celebrating as a young boy but not having the experiernce of being there . I was so gutted , i never took any chances the following season . And went to the 1976 Scottish Cup final without my parents knowing anything about it . 

In 1987 , was working up in Aberdeen but always remember phoning my Mum to tell her , this was the most exciting moment of my life watching Rangers . I had my ticket and it turned out to be better than most of us could ever imagine . What an amazing day . Pittodrie was complete bedlam .In those days , things were so much more relaxed at their ground . Their fans hadn't really started hating us at this point , That  just developed over the coming season. The day was so  crazy it will never happen again in that shitehole of a ground. Unforgettable for any supporter that was there though  

Class mate, your first one there makes me gutted I can’t have my 2 boys there to see it this time as they’ve known nothing but Rangers being shite until this season. I’ve had plenty helicopter Sunday’s, Florence 08 etc to look back on but they’ve had nothing really big yet. Hopefully it’s not too long until we’re all there celebrating together, fuck knows we deserve it!

7 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

Class mate, your first one there makes me gutted I can’t have my 2 boys there to see it this time as they’ve known nothing but Rangers being shite until this season. I’ve had plenty helicopter Sunday’s, Florence 08 etc to look back on but they’ve had nothing really big yet. Hopefully it’s not too long until we’re all there celebrating together, fuck knows we deserve it!

Great reply there mate . Hope so 

All i know is that i hope to fuck i never go another period like we have in the last decade again. I feel sorry for those that have had to endure 2 or 3 periods.

But fuck me its going to be some celebration come winning the league mathmatically and at the end of the season.

My youngest was 9 when we hit the third tier, and has been all round the grounds over the last 10 years witnessing some utter shite at times.  Told him time and time again that the good days would return.

Like many other kids who have grown up through our most difficult years he will no longer have to rely on dad recanting  the glory days or watching recordings of previous achievements.

This is the generation that will be able to experience what success means for the first time, loads of 15-20 year old Bears who are our future.   

Thee is going to be one hell of an outburst of unbridled joy. 

Brilliant memories Eejay the dj - thanks for sharing as 75 was my first.

It was actually 11 years since we last won it in 1975 as we hadn't won it since the treble year of 1964.

Kilmarnock won it in 65 before the pigs run started.

This will be the sweetest of all . 55 ! 

53 minutes ago, Steakbake said:

Brilliant memories Eejay the dj - thanks for sharing as 75 was my first.

It was actually 11 years since we last won it in 1975 as we hadn't won it since the treble year of 1964.

Kilmarnock won it in 65 before the pigs run started.

This will be the sweetest of all . 55 ! 

You are spot on mate .I had forgotten Killie won it in 65 

2 hours ago, Willis said:

Both were before my time. Would love to go back in time and watch a game at Ibrox in the 70s or 80s

What made the 75 game so significant?

It’s our history bud .

Like previous poster said .It was going on 11 years in an era where Scottish football was regarded as pretty strong in European terms .

Was’nt at that game but I can remember my brother talking about it at the time .It was massive that day .You can see it in the footage .Similar to our second helicopter Sunday at Easter road in 2005 .Mindblowing days to be a bear 

Archived