Mccoist's top XI

Rowley Birkin

1 hour ago, Falkirk Blue said:

That team would give anyone a game.  Shame he didnt even mention Mark Hateley when deciding on his front two I guess the rift between them is still sore.

Tbh, Hateley, great as he was for us, wasn’t in the same league as Dalglish, Rush, Rummenigge and Van Basten.

1 hour ago, Falkirk Blue said:

That team would give anyone a game.  Shame he didnt even mention Mark Hateley when deciding on his front two I guess the rift between them is still sore.

Never knew there was a rift? What’s that about?

22 minutes ago, left winger said:

Tbh, Hateley, great as he was for us, wasn’t in the same league as Dalglish, Rush, Rummenigge and Van Basten.

A fair point it just seemed a striking omission when he at least mentioned Gough and Butcher even though he didnt pick them in defence.

5 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Hateley is a grade A wank, he was an excellent player but even when with us a prick of a boy and his actions when recently close to us were shameful, can't stand him TBH

What did he actually do

3 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Hateley is a grade A wank, he was an excellent player but even when with us a prick of a boy and his actions when recently close to us were shameful, can't stand him TBH

Can you give us some examples? Met him a few times when he was an ambassador for the club and he was excellent. 

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Can you give us some examples? Met him a few times when he was an ambassador for the club and he was excellent. 

Gave my pals dad a tour of the stadium when he had cancer (Hateley was his favourite player) and attended the funeral when he passed, decent enough for me 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Gave my pals dad a tour of the stadium when he had cancer (Hateley was his favourite player) and attended the funeral when he passed, decent enough for me 👍🏻

May have slipped Dennis’s wife an Attila special 😂

As far as I’m aware Hateley and McCoist had their problems for the reasons other posters have stated but have since settled their differences. They were recently together for a Davie Cooper event. 

For all Hateley was superb for us, it’s hard to argue with selecting van Basten over him. Much like Haaland now, there was a period in the late 80s when he was unplayable, and similar to Mols it is sad football never got to see him more because of injury. Also it’s not a Rangers side, but players he’s been on a pitch with. I don’t think he’s intended as a slight on anyone, especially as he’s left guys like Gough out the side also. 

11 minutes ago, stevemac said:

What did he actually do

image.thumb.png.6812943e8003bda0fe13d8e9b38129b3.png

His kicking about with they pair of cunts was a serious misreading of the support. 

When in his company once just found him a bit of a prick,  generally tends to be a shared theme when his name is mentioned among most Rangers fans I know. rarely heard many folks with much good to say about him. 

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

image.thumb.png.6812943e8003bda0fe13d8e9b38129b3.png

His kicking about with they pair of cunts was a serious misreading of the support. 

When in his company once just found him a bit of a prick,  generally tends to be a shared theme when his name is mentioned among most Rangers fans I know. rarely heard many folks with much good to say about him. 

Look at the state of them two, dark times 

45 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

He just had to have a couple of tarriers in it didn’t he 

Where do people stand on Dalglish? Supported us, played for them and then worked for us in the 90s. Doesn’t seem a bitter cunt like other ex celtic but also seems way more arsed about Liverpool than he does celtic anyway.

Archived