Getting ready for the Champions League

Essandoh

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leeds at home till Gary Mac scored - what is probably the second best goal I’ve seen an opposition player score (second to Tam McManus,aye actually)

Man U till Phil fucking Neville scored 

That’s as loud as I’ve heard Ibrox until those moments - then it died on its arse 

I felt the CL got shit for a long time at Ibrox there is as a meek acceptance and ignorance to it for a long time, we shunned it for a while and Murray went OTT with what he charged for it. 

Parma is clearly the high point 

On 02/04/2021 at 15:02, Mr Soprano said:

Inter and Porto were absolutely off the charts.

Villarreal was some atmosphere as well, albeit not the best result given their two away goals.

Still can’t believe Boyd never scored at the end in the return leg.

That chance was brutal by the way, it’s not as clearcut as it gets made out to be (Boyd)

11 hours ago, ayro said:

Bucharest was class, remember phoning my Mrs at HT to tell her to record the bears at HT as the seats started flying towards their security 😂😂

Was talking to my dad about it today 

the guy selling the juice got binned down the slope 😂 

10 hours ago, Cedrick said:

2 hours 40 minutes took me to get in mate ,being told the ground is full standing with a Rangers end ticket , lovenkrands put the ball in the net the minute I got into the seating area 👍🏻🕺😂

Do you mind the police burning tickets to see if real or not 

I got in as the shutters got caved in and avoided a bartering of the police by jumping a barrier 

horrible they were 

must of been 3 or 4 to 1 seat in that corner 

1 minute ago, tom1780 said:

Do you mind the police burning tickets to see if real or not 

I got in as the shutters got caved in and avoided a bartering of the police by jumping a barrier 

horrible they were 

must of been 3 or 4 to 1 seat in that corner 

Thats how I got in , ducked under the shutters when there was a gap at the bottom from the bears charging them , it’s always been a carryon getting into grounds abroad but that night by far the worst , wan of my mates never been back to watch us abroad since 

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Amo got shown up in Europe a few times. Inexplicable handball v Parma, got caught wrong side for Valencia’s opener in the away game, home game their second goal he got ran right through after getting away with passing a terrible ball to Ferguson just before it. Bumbling performance away to Galatasaray.

Having said that, not the only Rangers captain to be shaky in Europe. Gough was past his best in Europe after 92/93 and it showed badly.

Just watched 3 minute highlights of Graz away and he is howling at the 1st goal, Jesper Christainsen in sticks as well 🤢

36 minutes ago, tom1780 said:

Was talking to my dad about it today 

the guy selling the juice got binned down the slope 😂 

We were in their main stand, chased a wee gypo with a tricolour down the stand 🥴

Was a mental day, we got a taxi to the game from the city centre as did a few bears cab in front was a couple who were arguing with their driver in the street, next minute the burd tries to nut him and all hell broke out 🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, ayro said:

Just watched 3 minute highlights of Graz away and he is howling at the 1st goal, Jesper Christainsen in sticks as well 🤢

Haven't watched the Graz highlights in a few years. Will have a watch later on.

Most of the terrible defeats in Europe under Smith and Advocaat were not that we played badly per se but we just defended like deranged idiots.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Haven't watched the Graz highlights in a few years. Will have a watch later on.

Most of the terrible defeats in Europe under Smith and Advocaat were not that we played badly per se but we just defended like deranged idiots.

Definitely, getting beat by the likes of Juventus back then was disappointing but understandable.

Getting beat by Grasshoppers and Gothenburg was pure shit, albeit the trips were class.

1st time I seen us win away in Europe was Shelbourne and was shitting myself at HT 🤣

1 minute ago, ayro said:

Definitely, getting beat by the likes of Juventus back then was disappointing but understandable.

Getting beat by Grasshoppers and Gothenburg was pure shit, albeit the trips were class.

1st time I seen us win away in Europe was Shelbourne and was shitting myself at HT 🤣

I've never seen us win away in Europe :lol: 

Actually, since back in the top flight in 2017 - I think I've been at every single away European defeat we have had except Leverkusen. Progres, Spartak, Rapid, YB... :lol: 

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

I've never seen us win away in Europe :lol: 

Actually, since back in the top flight in 2017 - I think I've been at every single away European defeat we have had except Leverkusen. Progres, Spartak, Rapid, YB... :lol: 

😂😂

That was like mine early doors mate Juve, Dortmund, Ajax, Grasshoppers, Auxerre, Gothenburg thank fuck they were all good cities to fuck about in!

Even when we got to Manchester, my trips were Barca, Bremen, Fiorentina and the final only time we hit the net was the penalties!

I have only made Porto since we were back in Europe, don’t know if it’s an age thing but out with Leverkusen away when Fergie and GvB were amazing, probably best away performance I have seen from us in Europe

15 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Whatever happened to Sturm Graz? Last memory I have of them was beating Livi 8-6 on aggregate.

Grazer AK is another side we faced albeit in the  UEFA Cup that you never hear about.

Grazer died and came back and Grazer AC, in the second division now

On 03/04/2021 at 21:38, McEwan's Lager said:

Chistiansen was a weird signing. Paid over 1.5m for him and he wasn't as good as Mark Brown or Allan McGregor. Definitely not as good as Charbonnier either, but I think he may have been injured?

He played more games as a striker if I remember correctly???

Archived