FIFA 22

Straight-Edge-Loyal

6 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Never had any problems against him tbh. Think it’s just Donnarumma’s height.

Who you using?

Depends on what squad I'm using. 

Currently playing with a Bundesliga squad so have the TOTW 86 rated Trapp - who for some bizarre reason works better than Neuer did who was next to useless for me. My two CBs are German so I could try that Adidas ter Stegen card? Think it's 91 rated.

When I was playing with a mainly La Liga squad I had Courtois and he was hopeless too. Ended up packing a De Gea card who was much more reliable despite being rated way lower.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Depends on what squad I'm using. 

Currently playing with a Bundesliga squad so have the TOTW 86 rated Trapp - who for some bizarre reason works better than Neuer did who was next to useless for me. My two CBs are German so I could try that Adidas ter Stegen card? Think it's 91 rated.

When I was playing with a mainly La Liga squad I had Courtois and he was hopeless too. Ended up packing a De Gea card who was much more reliable despite being rated way lower.

Think everyone of them are just inconsistent, which is annoying. Went on a rage with Lloris and took him out my team for a while because of one awful mistake 😂

40 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Think everyone of them are just inconsistent, which is annoying. Went on a rage with Lloris and took him out my team for a while because of one awful mistake 😂

Last night I was doing that Squad Battles grind for the Rafa foundations card and I ended up conceding 6 goals in one game where my keeper threw in 5 of them :lol: 

Other night I was doing the same for the Baku card and I was 1-1 going into the last minute of my last win needed and the AI took a nothing pass back of a shot from 30 yards out and Trapp fell backwards and pushed into the bottom corner. Absolutely raging because those games are tedious to begin with without having to play another one.

12 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Last night I was doing that Squad Battles grind for the Rafa foundations card and I ended up conceding 6 goals in one game where my keeper threw in 5 of them :lol: 

Other night I was doing the same for the Baku card and I was 1-1 going into the last minute of my last win needed and the AI took a nothing pass back of a shot from 30 yards out and Trapp fell backwards and pushed into the bottom corner. Absolutely raging because those games are tedious to begin with without having to play another one.

Aye, a hate squad battles man, dead boring :lol: 

A done a really soft header back to Lloris online and instead of just catching it he dived out the way, stupid shit like that needs fixed 

35 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Aye, a hate squad battles man, dead boring :lol: 

A done a really soft header back to Lloris online and instead of just catching it he dived out the way, stupid shit like that needs fixed 

I actually like Squad Battles - much easier way of picking up coins and cards and season progress than things like Live Friendlies or Rivals - and the variety of the related objectives are good too so you aren't playing with your main team all the time. It's just when you have completed everything bar one objective and you have to win 10 games with a team you have cobbled together to meet the requirements its a bit of a chore.

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I actually like Squad Battles - much easier way of picking up coins and cards and season progress than things like Live Friendlies or Rivals - and the variety of the related objectives are good too so you aren't playing with your main team all the time. It's just when you have completed everything bar one objective and you have to win 10 games with a team you have cobbled together to meet the requirements its a bit of a chore.

I struggle playing offline tbh, played two games yesterday just for a 100k pack and was ridiculously bored. Amount of cards I’ve patched due to it being offline is stupid. 

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I struggle playing offline tbh, played two games yesterday just for a 100k pack and was ridiculously bored. Amount of cards I’ve patched due to it being offline is stupid. 

I guess that is the good thing about FUT. There's various options to play the game and progress. For things like cards where you have to play Silver Lounge or Managerial Masterpiece it would probably take me like 40 games to unlock the achievements :lol: 

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I guess that is the good thing about FUT. There's various options to play the game and progress. For things like cards where you have to play Silver Lounge or Managerial Masterpiece it would probably take me like 40 games to unlock the achievements :lol: 

Done the first two silver stars and trying the current one, Sakala’s silver card is fucking garbage 😂

The MM last year was so sweaty, cba building a shite team to do it all over again this year lol

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Done the first two silver stars and trying the current one, Sakala’s silver card is fucking garbage 😂

The MM last year was so sweaty, cba building a shite team to do it all over again this year lol

In general all the Live Friendly modes last year were sweaty. I couldn't buy a win. Matching up to every team and then end up getting destroyed by loan Mbappe :lol: 

My silver team this year was just Rangers players but they were dreadful and quite a few of their values rose drastically so sold them all. I normally do the Silver Beasts challenge but as there is no card reward for the current one I've patched it. 

I'm going to try and do the Uribe card over the next week. Haven't played Football Foundations yet but assume its going to be brutal.

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

In general all the Live Friendly modes last year were sweaty. I couldn't buy a win. Matching up to every team and then end up getting destroyed by loan Mbappe :lol: 

My silver team this year was just Rangers players but they were dreadful and quite a few of their values rose drastically so sold them all. I normally do the Silver Beasts challenge but as there is no card reward for the current one I've patched it. 

I'm going to try and do the Uribe card over the next week. Haven't played Football Foundations yet but assume its going to be brutal.

Need to look at the objective cards online, barely paid attention this year to them.

18 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

I'd probably have played the game more if I'd been paying attention to that. :lol:

You also can play AI in Couch Play friendlies. Some of the season progress milestones/objectives and achievements are available for any friendly mode rather than Live friendlies only. So look out for ones that say score a goal or play a game in 'any friendly mode'.

I think it's a good idea, especially if you aren't that good, to generally play Squad Battles/Couch Play until you have earned enough to have built a 86/87 rated squad before you launch into Rivals and other online forms.

Makes things a lot more enjoyable than going straight into Rivals with a dud team and getting torn apart.

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

You also can play AI in Couch Play friendlies. Some of the season progress milestones/objectives and achievements are available for any friendly mode rather than Live friendlies only. So look out for ones that say score a goal or play a game in 'any friendly mode'.

I think it's a good idea, especially if you aren't that good, to generally play Squad Battles/Couch Play until you have earned enough to have built a 86/87 rated squad before you launch into Rivals and other online forms.

Makes things a lot more enjoyable than going straight into Rivals with a dud team and getting torn apart.

My problem is I have no desire to build a team of superstars. Same reason I only play as Rangers in seasons.

• 2 weeks later...

That Ginola Hero card is a fucking pest. So is Adidas Insigne. Getting ripped to shreds by both of them.

Done the grind for the Silver and Eredivisie Icon Swaps. Now doing the Brazil one. Don't know whether to cash them in for packs or save up for the Overmars icon.

Nearly every goal I've conceded in the past two days has been from keeper letting the ball in at the near post. Doing my head in and really testing my patience :lol: 

On 18/12/2021 at 11:08, McEwan's Lager said:

That Ginola Hero card is a fucking pest. So is Adidas Insigne. Getting ripped to shreds by both of them.

Done the grind for the Silver and Eredivisie Icon Swaps. Now doing the Brazil one. Don't know whether to cash them in for packs or save up for the Overmars icon.

Nearly every goal I've conceded in the past two days has been from keeper letting the ball in at the near post. Doing my head in and really testing my patience :lol: 

If your saving for an icon don't get Overmars ffs.