Revisionism regarding Gerrard

Neither Defoe or Roofe is ideal for playing the lone striker role imo, in fact I've never been a fan of the tactic and would prefer another striker closer  so they dont end up isolated as Alfie has so often this season.

Too often we find Morelos in the box on his own with  almost the whole opposition  defence to battle against.

We dont have the players for the current system and although i can understand Gio's thinking when taking over mid season from Gerrard he surely must change things now.

Likely he wont though taking into account his time at Feyenoord

2 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Aye but if we’re changing the system for a less physical striker then we’re as well sticking with Roofe :lol: 

So in that case if we cannot tweak the tactics we go with Itten or what... play Goldson as CF?

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

So in that case if we cannot tweak the tactics we go with Itten or what... play Goldson as CF?

Have you completely lost the plot of what you’re saying? 

This started with you saying Defoe was better as a lone striker than Roofe, then you’ve said “oh but we’ll change the system”. If we’re changing the system then who cares about who is better in the old one?

45 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Gerrard won us the biggest title in our history and would've won us 56. He left us in prime position and the clown in charge now has fucked it. 

Absolutely no way of knowing that, we were shite under Gerrard this season.

15 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Gerrard would never get absolutely pumped the way we did in the Jan OF, and that’s when the momentum truly swung. 

Doesn’t matter though. He left, and that’s that. 

Was it? 

We had dropped points twice in the two weeks before it, and dropped points three times since, in two months. They’ve been in ridiculous form for months before it. 

I've never bought into the narrative that players have downed the tools. I just don't believe that. Aribo always looks like he is sauntering but he covers more ground than most players. He has simply lost form.

There has been a lack of cohesion throughout the team since Day 1 even when it was Gerrard's team. 

A poor January window plays a big part in where we stand today regardless of who is the coach.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I've never bought into the narrative that players have downed the tools. I just don't believe that. Aribo always looks like he is sauntering but he covers more ground than most players. He has simply lost form.

There has been a lack of cohesion throughout the team since Day 1 even when it was Gerrard's team. 

A poor January window plays a big part in where we stand today regardless of who is the coach.

Aribo has been in form for around 2 months of his 3 years here, guy's rotten

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Aribo has been in form for around 2 months of his 3 years here, guy's rotten

That's an exaggeration but it still doesn't mean he and others have downed the tools. I'm not buying it.

I expect nothing but 100% tonight.

We got beat on Sunday but I would say the performances of both teams were about equal. There was nothing in it.

23 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

It's not downing tools it's reverting back to type. Performances in Europe and struggling domestically.

55 aside this team collapses when it's under pressure. Even under gerrard this still happened. Multiple cup exits and post winter break collapses.