Loans

6 minutes ago, left winger said:

Both, but the individual primarily.

Now you’re going to ask the same question re players on loan. When on loan the balance shifts, imo, massively more toward just the players’ own benefit.

Not only that it benefits the club loaning the player out as if it goes well their value goes up, they develop more, in the shop window etc.

Loans should really only be done to get players way above our station (think that was the idea with Ramsey but it didn’t turn out so well) or loan with option to buy e.g. hagi

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Whether he specifically is someone you rate or not, ruling out a player of his calibre / potential because it would be on loan is daft.

I would rule him out because he is unlikely to play enough games because he is physically weak. Also would cost a lot even as a loan. Also has hardly looked great at Norwich. We can do better than Billy Gilmour.

10 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

The sale of Patterson and the Europa League run must have put a heathier pespective to the financials.

I am calling for no more loan players. Buy those we can afford and for the rest promote from the academy. For me that's the way forward.

With the likes of Hagi, Morelos, Helander and Katic due back next season we start from a strong position. I get that loanees are seen as the cheep option but I want no more of them.

I expect the best part of 8 figures of the Patterson fee, was used to settle the SD legal case. 

We’ll have taken an absolute tanking in that courtroom. The fact we spent nothing in January, when we had a £40million prize on offer, shows we won’t see much of that fee…

I agree with loaning players who we have half a chance of actually signing. 

Loaning a guy Man Utd bought for £35 million is a hard one because even if he became a hero, how the fuck would we be able to sign him. 

Similar situation with Ramsey, can't see him going from over 250k a week to 25k, a player with Ramsey's status has too many people involved like agents and sponsors etc. 

Need to loan hungry players who will either put a hell of a shift in as one last hurrah, or players who'll ultimately sign for us. 

Loans are part and parcel of the modern day game, it would be foolish to insist that we shouldn't use the loan facility, the beggars arguably have won the league by making good additions, two of those additions were loans who turned out to be an integral part to their team....agreed that all loan signings are gambles but it ain't really rocket science to work out why.....we aren't loaning any superstar anytime soon