Germany v England

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Their qualifying games are always cures for insomnia. 

I did fancy going to the Hungary game at Molineux next week but I've ripped the arse out of being off work for all our European trips this year so I couldn't really justify it.

Not bcd anyway?

5 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Nah. Reckon France myself. Brazil will be dangerous imo

France will have a shocker IMO. Will be between Brazil or Argentina I think 

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yep. Their 1st XI isn't the best but their squad options overall are imo.

Plus out of every other international side they have probably performed the best on average across their last two major tournaments. You can see why they are second favourites.

A canny see it mate. I know you've said strongest 23, but al flip it. Put England's strongest 11 out v Frances strongest 11 (who will have plenty options on the bench) and I can pick holes in the England team a lot more than Frances. Probably right through the park too

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

I think they do. I'm not saying that makes the current state of football any good though :lol: 

Not convinced mate when the likes of Coady, Ward Prowse, Gallagher, Bowen etc can get in there.

France and Brazil have stronger squads overall imo

3 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

A canny see it mate sorry. I know you've said strongest 23, but al flip it. Put England's strongest 11 out v Frances strongest 11 (who will have plenty options on the bench) and I can pick holes in the England team a lot more than Frances. Probably right through the park too

France are also up against history. The last four European winners of the WC - France, Italy, Spain and Germany - have failed to get out the next tournament's group stages.

Just now, born a blue nose said:

Am I missing something who's all the Argentines that have came through to make them contenders 😂

They won Copa America in Brazil. Just destroyed Italy and are unbeaten in over 30 games.

On current form should be top 3 faves imo

Just now, born a blue nose said:

Am I missing something who's all the Argentines that have came through to make them contenders 😂

They won the copa America and then fucked Italy In the fianlisima or some Shit they called it between the euro winners and copa America ones 

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

France are also up against history. Every single last European winner of the WC - France, Italy, Spain and Germany - have failed to get out the next tournament's group stages.

England team will melt in Qatar if we're using that type of logic lol

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

They won Copa America in Brazil. Just destroyed Italy and are unbeaten in over 30 games.

On current form should be top 3 faves imo

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

They won the copa America and then fucked Italy In the fianlisima or some Shit they called it between the euro winners and copa America ones 

Cheers, hardly watch international fitbaw 😂

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

France are also up against history. The last four European winners of the WC - France, Italy, Spain and Germany - have failed to get out the next tournament's group stages.

What about the 4 previous euro winners before that?? How did they get on 

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Might just be overreacting because they destroyed Belgium at the weekend, but theres always a side who does decent and Holland could be that side this year.

They are either brilliant or a shambles. But I just can't see a team with Depay and Bergwijn up front winning it.

As long as they keep de Ligt away from the starting line up I can see them making the semis.

Just now, rabc10000 said:

What about the 4 previous euro winners before that?? How did they get on 

Are you talking about the next WC performance or Euro performance? If its WC:

Italy didn't qualify.

Portugal I think got put out in the round of 16 - could be wrong.

Spain out in the group stage.

Spain won it.

Greece didn't qualify.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Are you talking about the next WC performance or Euro performance? If its WC:

Italy didn't qualify.

Portugal I think got put out in the round of 16 - could be wrong.

Spain out in the group stage.

Spain won it.

Greece didn't qualify.

Perfect proof that the euros is not the quality its made out to be

It's a pity Italy aren't in it.

Bastoni, Locatelli, Tonali, Barella, Zaniolo and Chiesa (I know he's a bit fucked at the moment) are all class and I think all under 25.

It's a shame that Mancini persisted with guys like Bonucci and Chiellini in qualifying. Jorginho has hopefully played his last game for them last Wednesday too.

8 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It's a pity Italy aren't in it.

Bastoni, Locatelli, Tonali, Barella, Zaniolo and Chiesa (I know he's a bit fucked at the moment) are all class and I think all under 25.

It's a shame that Mancini persisted with guys like Bonucci and Chiellini in qualifying. Jorginho has hopefully played his last game for them last Wednesday too.

Bastoni to Spurs :(