The other mob

MisterC

17 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Whole place is a kip. Even the “posh” areas are dives. Place is like skid row after dark 

Tbf I actually really like Dublin as a city, go over frequently for work and the city centre (Dublin 2) is great and going out to Ballsbridge etc is lovely. 

But A LOT of the suburbs are absolutely awful. Dublin 1, Tallaght, anywhere north side that’s not Glasnevin or Santry areas, are the pits. South side is much better, but the house prices are insane everywhere even for really small crappy houses on the rough estates. 

7 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Tbf I actually really like Dublin as a city, go over frequently for work and the city centre (Dublin 2) is great and going out to Ballsbridge etc is lovely. 

But A LOT of the suburbs are absolutely awful. Dublin 1, Tallaght, anywhere north side that’s not Glasnevin or Santry areas, are the pits. South side is much better, but the house prices are insane everywhere even for really small crappy houses on the rough estates. 

I hate the place and I’m in it at least once a month. I think the people in Dublin are about as scummy as you could ever come across. Like what you’re describing as being nice is actually a very small part of Dublin, Tallaght itself is massive :lol:

Dublin at night has about as unsafe a feeling as anywhere you’d consider bad in Europe. I feel for women having to get public transport when it s dark there because there’s no version of it I’d recommend to them, be it the luas, bus or even a taxi. Some really dodgy taxi drivers in that shitehole and the level of junkie on the likes of a luas is wild 

Genuinely there’s nothing I like about the place. Even the fact they’ve security guards in literally every shop and fast food outlet wearing stab proof vests. Absolute dump that’s romanticised by film and television 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13939193/Top-table-clash-faces-blackout-celtic-turn-Premier-Sports-deal.html?ito=native_share_article-top

Tims won't let Premier Sport in.

Heard a rumour about this when that new 20 game package was signed, it wasn't supposed to include any of ours or theirs home games, but seems like we agreed to it, £75k a game. Guess we need £150k more than they do right now.

5 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Not a fan then.... :lol:

Not even slightly 

The Guinness is incredible there though. It’s true that it doesn’t travel well and the further you get from Dublin the worse it tastes, but once you’ve had a few pints I recommend you go to the airport and leave 

12 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13939193/Top-table-clash-faces-blackout-celtic-turn-Premier-Sports-deal.html?ito=native_share_article-top

Heard a rumour about this when that new 20 game package was signed, it wasn't supposed to include any of ours or theirs home games, but seems like we agreed to it, £75k a game. Guess we need £150k more than they do right now.

We should be doing the same, especially if it means moving to a Sunday, and if it’s such short notice as well.

20 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We should be doing the same, especially if it means moving to a Sunday, and if it’s such short notice as well.

I don't think we're in a position to knock back £75k, plus the game was already moved to 8pm on the Sunday night by the Police/SPFL due to the Great Scottish Run, it had nothing to do with Premier Sports.

Been talking about this on the group chat, and the suggestion was that us and them weren't supposed to be part of this Premier Sports deal anyway because of how shite the money is, but we've possibly went to Premier after we've anticipated a poor crowd, and let them broadcast the game live, to make up the shortfall in ticket sales, with an agreement that we would let them in for a second game, scratch our back we'll scratch yours type of thing.

Thankfully the other game they've chosen was supposed to be on a Sunday anyway, although with a 5pm kick off and the subway shutting at 6, that'll probably cause havoc too.

12 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

Hope to fuck we've no more Sunday night games cos of this 

4 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I don't think we're in a position to knock back £75k, plus the game was already moved to 8pm on the Sunday night by the Police/SPFL due to the Great Scottish Run, it had nothing to do with Premier Sports.

Been talking about this on the group chat, and the suggestion was that us and them weren't supposed to be part of this Premier Sports deal anyway because of how shite the money is, but we've possibly went to Premier after we've anticipated a poor crowd, and let them broadcast the game live, to make up the shortfall in ticket sales, with an agreement that we would let them in for a second game, scratch our back we'll scratch yours type of thing.

Thankfully the other game they've chosen was supposed to be on a Sunday anyway, although with a 5pm kick off and the subway shutting at 6, that'll probably cause havoc too.

I think that's wrong and that Rangers and others were happier for it to be earlier Sunday evening but the tv offer we then received & accepted and their available time slot made the outcome an 8pm kick off.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think that's wrong and that Rangers and others were happier for it to be earlier Sunday evening but the tv offer we then received & accepted and their available time slot made the outcome an 8pm kick off.

The kickoff time was changed well before Premier Sport took it up.

14 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I never said that was Premier’s fault. I don’t really have a problem with the Hearts now that I’ve read that their squad are usually be at their annual Remembrance Day memorial.

If Premier came to us a couple of weeks before we had a Saturday 3pm game, and tried to change it then they should be told to fuck off.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I never said that was Premier’s fault. I don’t really have a problem with the Hearts now that I’ve read that their squad are usually be at their annual Remembrance Day memorial.

If Premier came to us a couple of weeks before we had a Saturday 3pm game, and tried to change it then they should be told to fuck off.

Their regular timeslot is Saturday 5:30pm, so if they selected at Saturday 3pm game then it would've only been pushed back a couple of hours.

The only reason Premier will put games on Sunday's is if they have no other choice (i.e Europe on Thursdays)

6 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Their regular timeslot is Saturday 5:30pm, so if they selected at Saturday 3pm game then it would've only been pushed back a couple of hours.

The only reason Premier will put games on Sunday's is if they have no other choice (i.e Europe on Thursdays)

It doesn’t matter though, it’ll inconvenience less, but there will still be plenty that have booked trains/flights/ferries etc that will be fucked.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It doesn’t matter though, it’ll inconvenience less, but there will still be plenty that have booked trains/flights/ferries etc that will be fucked.

Thats what happens when you sign up for TV deals, its no a new thing and everybody buying a season ticket knows it, games get selected and kickoff times and/or dates get changed.

26 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Thats what happens when you sign up for TV deals, its no a new thing and everybody buying a season ticket knows it, games get selected and kickoff times and/or dates get changed.

Premier announced their fixtures last month, I’m guessing the reason this only came out yesterday is because Premier went to Celtic to try get it changed two weeks before the game. 

If the same happened with us and we agreed to it, then fans would be fuming, and rightly so.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Premier announced their fixtures last month, I’m guessing the reason this only came out yesterday is because Premier went to celtic to try get it changed two weeks before the game. 

If the same happened with us and we agreed to it, then fans would be fuming, and rightly so.

Premier didn't just go to celtic, they didn't opt in from the beginning, the word doing the rounds is neither of us opted in, but when our game with St Johnstone got moved, we made it available to Premier Sports to make up any short fall in revenue from that match, so we essentially opted in, it was only when a Rangers home game was selected that people started questioning why celtic home games weren't, and this is what's came to light.

Premier have been quite consistent in their selections so far, they don't just leave it until last minute, all live games are picked well in advance, I'm guessing that's a rule rather than their conscientious approach tbf.

11 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Premier didn't just go to celtic, they didn't opt in from the beginning, the word doing the rounds is neither of us opted in, but when our game with St Johnstone got moved, we made it available to Premier Sports to make up any short fall in revenue from that match, so we essentially opted in, it was only when a Rangers home game was selected that people started questioning why celtic home games weren't, and this is what's came to light.

Premier have been quite consistent in their selections so far, they don't just leave it until last minute, all live games are picked well in advance, I'm guessing that's a rule rather than their conscientious approach tbf.

That might be the case, and fair enough if it is, then it makes it strange that it wasn’t announced that neither of us opted in, and it took 3/4 months for the media to find out.

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

That might be the case, and fair enough if it is, then it makes it strange that it wasn’t announced that neither of us opted in, and it took 3/4 months for the media to find out.

There should've been an obligation to disclose it, IMO, because while most will be on firesticks these days, there will be a good few fans of ours and theirs who would've bought their package expecting to see games at Ibrox and the piggery.

As soon as it was known that there  would be two additional blocks of 10 game packages, and you could only visit 1 ground per block, I think it was obvious that  meant us and them would be the two grounds not hosting, but now we are.

The money is so tinpot it's embarrassing though, at least it hasn't impacted any Saturday 3pm games we might have left this season.