Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

The only negative I have with Dyche, who is still the one I would be most comfortable with, is his apparent negative style.

I kinda hope that this was more due to pragmatism of being Burnley in the EPL and using the style most likely to make them survive, which he did for a long time.

He always seemed to come across to me as a fairly clued up and tactically knowledgeable manager, so would hope for us, he would be a little more expressive. Admittedly though, I'm judging him on his fairly boring style with no evidence if he can coach a more fluid attacking system. I think this is a lesser risk than the guy from Bodo though.

Regardless, I'm not even 100% sure we could entice Dyche to come. Was he not best mates with Warburton who I assume would warn him off our board. Also think he will be in the running for any EPL survival jobs that appear in the second half of the season.

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

The only negative I have with Dyche, who is still the one I would be most comfortable with, is his apparent negative style.

I kinda hope that this was more due to pragmatism of being Burnley in the EPL and using the style most likely to make them survive, which he did for a long time.

He always seemed to come across to me as a fairly clued up and tactically knowledgeable manager, so would hope for us, he would be a little more expressive. Admittedly though, I'm judging him on his fairly boring style with no evidence if he can coach a more fluid attacking system. I think this is a lesser risk than the guy from Bodo though.

Regardless, I'm not even 100% sure we could entice Dyche to come. Was he not best mates with Warburton who I assume would warn him off our board. Also think he will be in the running for any EPL survival jobs that appear in the second half of the season.

Dyche got Burnley promoted twice so he's got experience playing more offensive football as the better side in the league.

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

The Villa job will be along shortly.😁

1 minute ago, GetToTheChoppa said:

They got 72 goals in 46 games in Championship. Pretty poor.

They have to go out and win games and score more goals than the opposition to get promoted though and he's done that twice.

He's pragmatic and that is the first thing we should look for as a Rangers manager imo. He's not my first choice but I think he would be a reasonable appointment.

2 minutes ago, GetToTheChoppa said:

I actually don't think Neilson is as bad as made out. Seems Hearts players love playing for him.

He’s a solid enough manager but don’t think he could manage a club like us. Would say Hearts are his level.

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

We were on about who the board would go for you fucking lunatic

Calm down. I don’t think the board would go for Parker as when he was at Bournemouth he criticised the board before he was sacked. You think Park and Robertson would want someone that would call them out?