Currie club with mick beale on success at Rangers

KingKirk

I don't know how anyone can watch that and think negatively of him.

He clearly loves the club and couldn't speak more highly of it. Yeah he comes across a little bit arrogant at times, but I don't mind that. 

I think it also shows just how much these guys ran the club, whereas I feel like Gio and team are just coaching staff.

I don't expect him to be our next manager given he turned down Wolves not long ago, but I would welcome him back in the future.

3 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

It almost feels like the groundwork and PR is being done to prepare us for him taking the job.

We can get better tbh.

The visit to the club and now this interview. He does come across as being very sure of himself. I think someone like Souness can get away with that to a degree. The gallusness of Souness was always brilliant. But I don’t think Beale had done enough to justify it. He wasn’t our manager and he’s shown some promise without a great win record at QPR.

2 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

The visit to the club and now this interview. He does come across as being very sure of himself. I think someone like Souness can get away with that to a degree. The gallusness of Souness was always brilliant. But I don’t think Beale had done enough to justify it. He wasn’t our manager and he’s shown some promise without a great win record at QPR.

Just seems to have his fingers in a lot of Rangers stuff right now, for him not to have flung his name in the hat at least.

I like Beale and his knowledge however he seems to have hit the stratosphere somehow in the last few months and now appearing in podcasts etc for what?I would take Gerrards backroom staff except Beale and Garr Mac.

If he has proved himself in the next 4 years then maybe, he might be a great coach but not a good Manager only time will tell. You need a bit of arrogance and swagger ,ego so I dont mind this

14 minutes ago, The Archer said:

I like Beale and his knowledge however he seems to have hit the stratosphere somehow in the last few months and now appearing in podcasts etc for what?I would take Gerrards backroom staff except Beale and Garr Mac.

If he has proved himself in the next 4 years then maybe, he might be a great coach but not a good Manager only time will tell. You need a bit of arrogance and swagger ,ego so I dont mind this

What?

22 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

They wouldn’t have won us the league and it’s embarrassing he’s saying they would’ve 

They'd not lost in nine old firm games, They'd not have sat back at the girodome with a novice in the team and they certainly wouldn't have lost at Ibrox, these games cost us the league so he may have a point,yeah it's all hypothetical but Gerrard for all his sins bossed the old firm games.

1 minute ago, ianferguson said:

They'd not lost in nine old firm games, They'd not have sat back at the girodome with a novice in the team and they certainly wouldn't have lost at Ibrox, these games cost us the league so he may have a point,yeah it's all hypothetical but Gerrard for all his sins bossed the old firm games.

They dropped points against Hearts, Aberdeen, Motherwell and lost against Dundee Utd, their record when they left last year wasn't that much different from Gio's this year 

10 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Bossed them against Lennon when they were in an embarrassing state, and beat a Celtic team that had their worst start in decades

We dropped points at home to Aberdeen, Motherwell, and Hearts. Lost at Dundee United too. 

Also, it was 7 not 9, and he has Covid to thank for that.

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

They dropped points against Hearts, Aberdeen, Motherwell and lost against Dundee Utd, their record when they left last year wasn't that much different from Gio's this year 

But were still ahead in the league and most importantly had the old firm experience to not sit back.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Bossed them against Lennon when they were in an embarrassing state, and beat a celtic team that had their worst start in decades

We dropped points at home to Aberdeen, Motherwell, and Hearts. Lost at Dundee United too. 

Gerrard had a great old firm record ,including Rogers,Lennon and Ange victory's. I'm not salivating over Gerrards last season but old firm games got them going and his record in Europe shows it was the smaller games with low blocks that he struggled with. If he'd reversed even  one of the tim defeats we'd probably have been champions. 

5 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

We were ahead purely because they had probably their worst start ever 

Probably, but all the signs are that although Gerrard's backroom team had lost motivation they still had the old firm game sussed and that is what wins leagues.

1 minute ago, ianferguson said:

Gerrard had a great old firm record ,including Rogers,Lennon and Ange victory's. I'm not salivating over Gerrards last season but old firm games got them going and his record in Europe shows it was the smaller games with low blocks that he struggled with. If he'd reversed even  one of the tim defeats we'd probably have been champions. 

Using his Euro record means nothing, because we were embarrassing in Europe under him last season.

If we reverse the points dropped against shite like Motherwell, and Aberdeen and Hearts we also win the league.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Using his Euro record means nothing, because we were embarrassing in Europe under him last season.

If we reverse the points dropped against shite like Motherwell, and Aberdeen and Hearts we also win the league.

Dress it up how you like but it can't be denied Gerrard had an amazing European record and a great Old firm record. His last season started badly out of complacency but he still got the old firm points at Ibrox. He'd lost the desire and so had some of his team after the 55 as Beale says but not for the old firm games so Beale is perfectly within his rights to say they'd have won the league even though the argument is hypothetical and futile.

2 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Dress it up how you like but it can't be denied Gerrard had an amazing European record and a great Old firm record. His last season started badly out of complacency but he still got the old firm points at Ibrox. He'd lost the desire and so had some of his team after the 55 as Beale says but not for the old firm games so Beale is perfectly within his rights to say they'd have won the league even though the argument is hypothetical and futile.

:lol: 

The European record was shite last season, previous seasons means nothing.

We played Celtic while they were on their worst start to a season in decades. 

There is absolutely nothing to suggest we win it last season before they fucked off.

Beale should stick to worrying about his job rather than speaking shite.

18 hours ago, Kylegib said:

I don't want Beale as manager and thought it unprofessional of him to state they'd definitely have won the league particularly when Gio is still in position. I really can't be bothered going round in circles regarding the cup record as I've continually argued the point for days on end, I will say though I'm very glad we won the 1 trophy we did win.

There is no circles to go around, just acknowledge that it was in no way shape or form good enough and that's that.

12 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

:lol: 

The European record was shite last season, previous seasons means nothing.

We played celtic while they were on their worst start to a season in decades. 

There is absolutely nothing to suggest we win it last season before they fucked off.

Beale should stick to worrying about his job rather than speaking shite.

I'll walk you through it and keep it simple for you. Despite All the shite Rangers lost the league by ONE old firm game, based on Gerrards old firm record overall and NINE games undefeated Beale is entitled to say he thinks we'd have won the league. You may have other agendas and you may not agree with his assertion but my only point is that Beale was entitled to his claim. My own point of view if you're even remotely interested is that Gerrard would have scraped us over the line had he stayed with probably at least one of old firm Victories being enough.