General Transfer Talk

Broxi

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

He played 35 times for Hibs last season, starting 24 of them.  :lol:

Which part of my post is trolling?

Do you think someone who played 90 minutes of a defeat by Darvel is good enough for us?

terrible straw man argument. 

He played the equivalent of 18 full matches. He was left out their squad until December where he broke in and started to start.

He’s a plodder. A decent enough mid table spl quality player. Would be fucking shite for us. Hibs fans want jake somebody hayes to start ahead of him in their latest twitter poll, miles off what we need.

2 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

terrible straw man argument. 

He played the equivalent of 18 full matches. He was left out their squad until December where he broke in and started to start.

He’s a plodder. A decent enough mid table spl quality player. Would be fucking shite for us. Hibs fans want jake somebody hayes to start ahead of him in their latest twitter poll, miles off what we need.

Last season Campbell played three games in July (starting one), one in August, was out injured, one in October (sub), three in November.

Fuck knows what you're looking at but he wasn't 'left out of their squad until December'.

He played a total of 2,249 minutes last season. Clarkson has 2,453 this season - just over two full games of a difference. Clarkson has completed 12 full games this season, being substituted off 21 times.

This is fun.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Last season Campbell played three games in July (starting one), one in August, was out injured, one in October (sub), three in November.

Fuck knows what you're looking at but he wasn't 'left out of their squad until December'.

He played a total of 2,249 minutes last season. Clarkson has 2,453 this season - just over two full games of a difference. Clarkson has completed 12 full games this season, being substituted off 21 times.

This is fun.

League started in August. He played 6 minutes in one game. Didn’t appear off the bench and then left out the squad until he started a game end of November. Played the equivalent of 18 full matches in the league 

Anyways enough air time for Campbell. You’ll be wanting us to sign Shinnie and Power next

CAC1C403-4618-4616-9C24-957D05DD700F.png

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Am no saying josh Campbell would start every week but the snobbery we have for other players in this league is staggering. Same shit happened with Lewis Ferguson the last few years. 

Yeh agreed. But tbf Ferguson was a step above Campbell. Managed to break into the first team much earlier. Won the swfa poty.

There are good players we should be looking at but Campbell isn’t one of them. He’s technically miles off it to play in our team. Good engine on him though

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

This is fun.

Both are not good enough for us so what's the point in the discussion :lol:

Just now, OrangeRab said:

League started in August. He played 6 minutes in one game. Didn’t appear off the bench and then left out the squad until he started a game end of November. Played the equivalent of 18 full matches in the league 

Anyways enough air time for Campbell. You’ll be wanting us to sign Shinnie and Power next

CAC1C403-4618-4616-9C24-957D05DD700F.png

Amazing that he was left out of the squad against Celtic in October yet still managed 45 minutes against them.

image.thumb.png.224d3355c7980399e792ee3cc70c30ff.png

3 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Yeh agreed. But tbf Ferguson was a step above Campbell. Managed to break into the first team much earlier. Won the swfa poty.

There are good players we should be looking at but Campbell isn’t one of them. He’s technically miles off it to play in our team. Good engine on him though

Bologna have been watching him recently :lol:

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Bologna have been watching him recently :lol:

Hopefully not recently.. can’t watch a player not playing.. but seriously this makes me think you haven’t even watched him play. If Hibs fans think he’s technically weak and his passing is shite. Yet you’d think he would fit into our system when we’re crying out for a ball playing cdm..

2 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Hopefully not recently.. can’t watch a player not playing.. but seriously this makes me think you haven’t even watched him play. If Hibs fans think he’s technically weak and his passing is shite. Yet you’d think he would fit into our system when we’re crying out for a ball playing cdm..

Aye, I've somehow managed to not watch him play while watching and reporting on Hibs games - not to mention actually interviewing him after a game he played in. :lol:

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yeah...'not playing'. He's played more than your boy has recently.

image.thumb.png.b3627929f0d770a62f0768362232517c.png

Yep hooked after 60 against Motherwell and Dundee Utd then dropped for hearts. Not in squad for st Johnstone (maybe injured)

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

Yep hooked after 60 against Motherwell and Dundee Utd then dropped for hearts. Not in squad for st Johnstone (maybe injured)

In the same spell, the 'technically excellent' Clarkson was hooked against Dundee Utd, Celtic, Rangers, St Mirren, Ross County,  St Johnstone, Hearts, Hibs, St Mirren (again), Celtic (again), Hearts (again) and dropped v Kilmarnock. :lol:

image.thumb.png.3edc31d357181f8339d9d62033c6a8e0.png

On 21/04/2023 at 17:33, Broxi said:

Wright needs more end product but I think he gets too much criticism tbh. He was a free transfer and a squad player and he’s a tidy player who has had some good performances for us. 

He’s not the answer and isn’t a starter but he’s a very inoffensive player to me. Probably on low wages and is Scottish trained, no issues keeping him around. I always think you should have two right wingers and two left wingers and then a 5th winger who can cover both sides as a last resort. I have no problem with Wright being that 5th winger. 

No he wasn't. We paid 200k for him + Ross McCrorie. Aberdeen are about to pocket  2m+ for McCrorie while Wright is watching from the stands.

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

In the same spell, the 'technically excellent' Clarkson was hooked against Dundee Utd, celtic, Rangers, St Mirren, Ross County,  St Johnstone, Hearts, Hibs, St Mirren (again), celtic (again), Hearts (again) and dropped v Kilmarnock. :lol:

image.thumb.png.3edc31d357181f8339d9d62033c6a8e0.png

Dropped 😂. Thigh strain ya muppet.

3 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Dropped 😂. Thigh strain ya muppet.

Aye? Anything to back that up? Not a single report I can see saying he had an injury. Even the manager never mentioned it in either his pre-match or post-match pressers

4 hours ago, Albertz85 said:

That cup semi I thought he had some skill but very raw. How many spl players have we signed who done well at that level then flopped at Rangers. Dont see him as an upgrade on what we have. Need to be aiming much higher

Deffo fits into the O Halloran/Jones bracket. 

37 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I mean in general.

I thought Cantwell and Raskin would've been good enough. I liked the Tillman signing. Think Dowell and Willock would/will be good signings. 

There are players out there I think would be good enough, just not in this league.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aye? Anything to back that up? Not a single report I can see saying he had an injury. Even the manager never mentioned it in either his pre-match or post-match pressers

https://Copy & Paste This Shite..../sport/football/football-news/vicente-besuijens-aberdeen-absence-explained-28817796

I think I prefer Clarkson over Levitt but they're a relatively similar standard - not sure either anywhere near consistent enough though.

Johnston looks like he has great athleticism.

I know the debate's been had about him being a Hibs fan etc. but Nisbet isn't a good enough player to overlook he's seemingly best mates with half celtic's team.

Please not fucking Duk - he wouldn't suit a possession based team at all.