General Transfer Talk

Broxi

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Never seen a section of our support as obsessed with homegrown players to make up the numbers in Europe as people on here are. 

😆 trying to work our the least shitest Scottish players we could bring in.

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Never seen a section of our support as obsessed with homegrown players to make up the numbers in Europe as people on here are. 

I don’t get it. I think I’m missing something with the rules. Why would we go sign some shite qualified player who we would never play and pay their wages for a year. We can either just add a youngster in or go with 24 instead of 25. 

24 is plenty for 6 games

3 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Why is it we need to sign more home grown players? We don’t have that rule domestically? In Europe it’s a 25 man squad and for every player under 8 that isn’t home grown you lose one. So if you only have 4 home grown players that still gives you a squad of 21 to chose from does it not? Obviously you can just submit any youngster if you feel the need to get it to 25 for cover.

Man City didn’t fill their bench against Madrid.

Don’t see why the club would go out and sign Fleck, Naismith, Kelly when they wouldn’t get any game time anyways? What’s the point in that

To put it in perspective, as it stands we will be losing 3 domestic trained players this summer verses last summer.

That means our Euro squad will be 3 places smaller this summer than last if we dont sign replacements.

Think of how shit our European line-ups were this year.

3 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

I don’t get it. I think I’m missing something with the rules. Why would we go sign some shite qualified player who we would never play and pay their wages for a year. We can either just add a youngster in or go with 24 instead of 25. 

24 is plenty for 6 games

As it stands, we wont be allowed to submit a squad of 24.

If we include Lowry and King which we dont actually have to, then the biggest squad we can submit would be 23.

18 plus Lowry, King, Souttar, McCrorie and Jack.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To put it in perspective, as it stands we will be losing 3 domestic trained players this summer verses last summer.

That means our Euro squad will be 3 places smaller this summer than last if we dont sign replacements.

Think of how shit our European line-ups were this year.

The rules are you can have 17 non home qualified players. 

You don’t get punished (as far as I’m aware) for not having 8.

The rule is 17 plus you can have a maximum of 8 home grown.

So what’s the point in the club signing quota players just to make up numbers if they have no intention of playing them.

A squad of 17 plus Souttar, Jack, Devine, King, McCrorie, Lowry is fine tbh. 

I don’t see why would need more than 23 players to chose from. You can pad it out with 2 more youngsters just in case

16 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

I actually thought Kal Naismith recently, can play every position apart from right back I think so would certainly give us cover :lol: 

I looked him up on wiki a few weeks ago, says he is a utility player and plays LB/RB?

I might be totally alone on this, but I actually think that Nisbet would do a good job for us.

Much better suited to us than Colak is for our style of play.

If we could sell Colak and bring in Nisbet and possibly make a bit of a profit / wage saving, it would be good business.

10 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

24 is plenty for 6 games

We're allowed 25 of which 8 home grown in some way. Say we only have 4 home grown as you said, that's us down to 21.

2 of those will be backup keepers that we'll likely never use. 

So then you have a squad of 19. All it takes is 4-5 injuries (which would be low for us) and suddenly you only have a squad of 14 to pick from. 

That's not a lot for what's likely a minimum of 10 games. 

For reference we used 36 different players in the league this year. 

10 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Exactly, far too many caught up on that. If we do desperately need homegrown players, we just bump an academy player to fill the numbers.

11 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

17 + Souttar, Jack and McCrorie supplemented by the B List should be plenty, I’d probably be looking to try get Ross Stewart on a pre contract next year to replace Roofe though. 

Just now, Somemightsay7 said:

We're allowed 25 of which 8 home grown in some way. Say we only have 4 home grown as you said, that's us down to 21.

2 of those will be backup keepers that we'll likely never use. 

So then you have a squad of 19. All it takes is 4-5 injuries (which would be low for us) and suddenly you only have a squad of 14 to pick from. 

That's not a lot for what's likely a minimum of 10 games. 

We will have 17 + McCrorie, Jack, Souttar, Lowry, Devine, King

That’s a squad of 23 fit players.

Sure you might get 3-4 injuries but that’s still plenty.

Just because you can have 25 players doesn’t mean you need to. Don’t see why we would waste money on some qualified players we have no intention of playing

20 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

King and Lowry I agree with.

Rice would have to be registered as he cant be counted in the u21 list, and given we are looking to be pretty stocked in this area of the pitch, it would not be a good use of a space.

Why doesn’t Rice qualify for B list? 

3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

17 + Souttar, Jack and McCrorie supplemented by the B List should be plenty, I’d probably be looking to try get Ross Stewart on a pre contract next year to replace Roofe though

Have Sunderland activated his 1 year extension? Transfermarkt still has it expiring next month, but TBF a lot of articles online say the club have the option, but whether or not that's conditional on objectives (eg promotion or something) I'm not sure.

44 minutes ago, VanVeenRangers said:

Van Veen scores again. 28 goals for the season. It's not just a purple patch. We haven't had a striker do this since Boyd or Ally. Get him signed on a 2 year deal Rangers. He'll smash goals with the service we provide.

Mate he has all the hallmarks of a Velicka type of signing.....leave him be at Motherwell 

2 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Have Sunderland activated his 1 year extension? Transfermarkt still has it expiring next month, but TBF a lot of articles online say the club have the option, but whether or not that's conditional on objectives (eg promotion or something) I'm not sure.

Aye think so, think he’s out till September anyway, getting rid of Roofe and Stewart on a fore contract would be ideal.