Stewart Robertson out, Bisgrove new CEO

Broxi

Just now, The Dude said:

So why would he be 'duty bound' to take on to the board and not the other? Could speak to the family of local ex-Gers like Sammy Baird or Bobby Brown and get permission to name a trophy after them. surely far more relevant to Rangers than being fluffers for Angefest? Wouldn't piss off a big chunk of the support either.

Because one was likely to be worth millions to the club, the other clearly isn’t 👍 But you know that fine well.

1 minute ago, Big Al 55 said:

Because one was likely to be worth millions to the club, the other clearly isn’t 👍 But you know that fine well.

surely given how utterly ridiculous a suggestion it is, it's not even worth considering. Now it might cost us millions instead.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

surely given how utterly ridiculous a suggestion it is, it's not even worth considering. Now it might cost us millions instead.

I’d argue that’s the fault of the ‘Rangers men’ in the club for not appreciating how the fans would react.

It’s Bisgrove’s job to grow revenues 👍

Anyway my point was your shit analogy, I didn’t come on to defend Bisgrove.

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

@The Dude the aussie friendly was a mistake but Bisgrove isn't doing his job if he doesn't take that opportunity to the board. His job is to bring in as much money as possible. It's then on the board to approve or decline it..

Surely given the ridiculousness of the suggestion it's rejected without as much as a second thought? It's not as if we were being offered game-changing sums of cash. If Bisgrove is just the middleman between anyone with a few quid and the board, what's the point of the (highly-paid) middleman??

Just now, The Dude said:

Surely given the ridiculousness of the suggestion it's rejected without as much as a second thought? It's not as if we were being offered game-changing sums of cash. If Bisgrove is just the middleman between anyone with a few quid and the board, what's the point of the (highly-paid) middleman??

Clearly it wasn't rejected tho as the board approved it, that's no on Bisgrove that's on The Rangers men around the boardroom table. 

Just now, Big Al 55 said:

I’d argue that’s the fault of the ‘Rangers men’ in the club for not appreciating how the fans would react.

It’s Bisgrove’s job to grow revenues 👍

It is. It's also his job to sift through the nonsense and present reasonable offers to the board? Bisgrove is far from the only culprit, he is however the topic. Every single board member who approved that showed just how in tune they are with most 'Rangers men'.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It is. It's also his job to sift through the nonsense and present reasonable offers to the board? Bisgrove is far from the only culprit, he is however the topic. Every single board member who approved that showed just how in tune they are with most 'Rangers men'.

As I said I didn’t come on to defend Bisgrove, I’d have hoped there would have been enough common sense within the board to stop it going any further. Clearly that wasn’t the case.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

But it should've been. It should never have got beyond: 'Fancy being Ange's Washington Generals' in Australia?' 'No'.

Course it should of been but you can't blame Bisgrove for doing his remit mate. For me I would've expected better from the Rangers fans on the board.  

15 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

@The Dude the aussie friendly was a mistake but Bisgrove isn't doing his job if he doesn't take that opportunity to the board. His job is to bring in as much money as possible. It's then on the board to approve or decline it..

His job is to know his customers.

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Course it should of been but you can't blame Bisgrove for doing his remit mate. For me I would've expected better from the Rangers fans on the board.  

His remit isn't to drag us into a PR nightmare that could now cost us millions.

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

No his job is to bring as much money as possible into the football club. 

No, his job is to know his customers.

Not be part of a Tarrier tour Which we are now getting sued for.

And what about the Ponzi schemes, one of which we still have on our strip or blanked out of our strip.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

His remit isn't to drag us into a PR nightmare that could now cost us millions.

Mate we are going to go round in circles so agree to disagree but it's on Rangers supporting directors of our club to reject the Australian friendly. Not some commercial director doing his Job 

This is the problem with promoting somebody without experience. Bisgrove probably just saw the short term numbers but didn’t have the capability or experience to think about the bigger picture. 

We can’t afford to have someone making similar decisions as top dog day in day out. 

(im guessing that he recommended the Australia trip to the board. It would be weird if he wasn’t asked his opinion or he presented a negative opinion and the board ignored their commercial director). 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

No, his job is to know his customers.

Not be part of a Tarrier tour Which we are now getting sued for.

And what about the Ponzi schemes, one of which we still have on our strip or blanked out of our strip.

He's a commercial director mate his job is to bring as much money as possible  that's just a fact. We aren't going to agree so I'll leave It there 

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Mate we are going to go round in circles so agree to disagree but it's on Rangers supporting directors of our club to reject the Australian friendly. Not some commercial director doing his Job 

Why does it need to come down to 'Rangers supporting directors'? ANY director that thinks that was an appropriate offer to accept shouldn't be a director. Not being a Rangers fan doesn't mean you're a fucking moron.

The Aussie fiasco falls at the feet of Park Sr & Robertson. They are the ones who signed off on it. Bisgrove's job is to find the best marketing avenues for the club. He got that one wrong, and I'm sure has learned a valuable lesson in the history of our club. I have no idea if he makes a good CEO, but he has done a decent job in his current role. And for the record, innocent until proven guilty in both Elite and Aussie cases.

Park Sr is gone, and so is Wilson and now Robertson. Isn't that what we fans wanted?

Suppose some need someone to moan about and Bisgrove is next in line.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Why does it need to come down to 'Rangers supporting directors'? ANY director that thinks that was an appropriate offer to accept shouldn't be a director. Not being a Rangers fan doesn't mean you're a fucking moron.

See u think Bisgrove accepted said offer I think Bisgrove got that offer and took it to the board. They would either accept or reject mate. 

Why did he take it to the board? because that's his job as commercial director. 

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

See u think Bisgrove accepted said offer I think Bisgrove got that offer and took it to the board. They would either accept or reject mate. 

Why did he take it to the board? because that's his job as commercial director. 

Do you genuinely think he takes every single proposal and half-baked idea presented to him to the board?

"John, there's a Nigerian Prince with millions of pounds in an account for us. Just need our bank details. What do you want to do?"

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The Aussie fiasco falls at the feet of Park Sr & Robertson. They are the ones who signed off on it. Bisgrove's job is to find the best marketing avenues for the club. He got that one wrong, and I'm sure has learned a valuable lesson in the history of our club. I have no idea if he makes a good CEO, but he has done a decent job in his current role. And for the record, innocent until proven guilty in both Elite and Aussie cases.

Park Sr is gone, and so is Wilson and now Robertson. Isn't that what we fans wanted?

Suppose some need someone to moan about and Bisgrove is next in line.

I very much doubt Park Sr knew about it let alone signed off on it. 

It's not just having a moan, it's fuck up after fuck up that any normal MD would lose their job over. 

You say innocent until proven guilty but we are talking about an MD that has been proven to take part in the kit price fixing scandal. 

Also cannot say he done a good job as MD when Graeme Park was basically doing his job for him and he done a terrible job.

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Do you genuinely think he takes every single proposal and half-baked idea presented to him to the board?

"John, there's a Nigerian Prince with millions of pounds in an account for us. Just need our bank details. What do you want to do?"

Now ur just been stupid mate enjoy 👍