Stewart Robertson out, Bisgrove new CEO

Broxi

Hope I am proved wrong and the guy is a roaring success, but I’m my gut I think the board have just told us exactly what they see the club and it doesn’t align with what the support see the long term vision as.

We have regressed over the last two seasons and our voice within the football and wider landscape isn’t as strong as it should be. Essentially a large part of the support feel we need a strong personality with a bit of clout to come in and correct our course, reestablish some of the lost trust between the club and the support and put us back onto the path of feeling like we are a forward looking club.

Instead we have appointed our Marketing Director. Admittedly he has increased our income, but on several occasions it has been to the detriment of our support (My Gers, Sydney, Castore) and it has also been on an “any money is good money” scenario no matter the optics.

It appears the priority of the board isn’t a successful team delivering trophies with a strong bond between the support and the club, that is just a byproduct of a strategy to make as much money as quickly as possible.

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Are we forgetting the recording breaking commercial income he's brought in? 

His job is to bring in as much money as possible was the Sydney thing a mistake absolutely but he wouldn't of been doing his job if he didn't bring it to the board. He didn't sign off on Sydney mate the board did. 

He has done a fantastic job as commercial director is he good enough for the MD role that different argument but I don't get the hate for him with regards his current position he's literally done his job remit mate. 

He's bled the fans dry 

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Give you MyGers but Robertson shouldn't have rubber stamped that friendly. 

The fact the AGM passed without Robertson, Bisgrove and the rest of the board being questioned re the shambles that was Sydney still grates on me.  

Bisgrove has increased money coming into the club. That's fact.

Was he wrong with the Aussie offer? Yes but he was duty bound to take it to the board for their consideration.

Clearly an ambitious chap and it may have been a case of promote or lose. Time will tell if he makes a good CEO.

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Was he wrong with the Aussie offer? Yes but he was duty bound to take it to the board for their consideration.

Clearly an ambitious chap and it may have been a case of promote or lose. Time will tell if he makes a good CEO.

Was he? If I approach him tomorrow about bringing a team to Dunipace for a friendly do you think it’ll go to the board? 

6 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Yeh hopefully it’s your last paragraph and he’s a seriously impressive guy who will step up.

Still think it’s a mad appointment.

Hibs got Kensell - COO of Norwich during which they got promoted to the Prem and extremely well run. On top of 16 years in football including working for Arsenal and an impressive business career.

Hearts have Budge alongside Mckinlay who was ceo at the Scottish fa and Scottish golf.

Sheep went out and got Burrows who was widely regarded as one of the best ceo in the league 

etc etc

We’ve gone and promoted a guy who hasn’t had any role outside of marketing and sponsorship. And really no experience of what’s required to do the job successfully. Not saying he won’t do a good job. But it’s a strange appointment. On top of the fact we don’t have a board filled with leadership, expertise and experience.

We’ve already seen across the city how even a man with CEO experience at elite sport can be out his depth. 

It feels more like a puppet master in place with a view to fill the coffers. Less like an ambitious appointment made to improve every aspect of the club which is badly needed

Just now, Big Al 55 said:

Of course it is but you both being fannies achieves nothing 👍

So why would he be 'duty bound' to take on to the board and not the other? Could speak to the family of local ex-Gers like Sammy Baird or Bobby Brown and get permission to name a trophy after them. surely far more relevant to Rangers than being fluffers for Angefest? Wouldn't piss off a big chunk of the support either.