Unwashed refuse Old Firm ticket allocation

esquire8

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

They’re only taking nothing because it’s 700. If it was euro allocation they’d be happy.

That been confirmed? Last year were we not the ones unwilling to agree to that?

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So it's being agreed now, for the next 2 games.

If we're doing well, before the next home OF game should we offer them more ibrox tickets so they reciprocate for the final away one? Do you think they'd accept?

Surely not as the safety of even more fans wouldn't be guaranteed?

Or are they saying that if they get what they want either fan safety doesn't matter anymore or no-one could/would throw a missile 

They wouldn't do that as they're genuine, honest as the day is long, sporting integrity loving good guys. They're not the type of scum that would make false claims you know

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

They’re only taking nothing because it’s 700. If it was euro allocation they’d be happy.

Mate this conversation only crops up when they're in the ascendancy. It's staged.

If we're top of the league then they're not taking 2.5k at Ibrox at New Year and giving us that or more at their place for April after the split.

Makes no sense, Lawell would never sanction it.

6 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

The max I would consider would be the European amount, but to be honest I feel 700 is just fine.

I do understand that the folk going to the away games will not like it, but these wankers getting back the whole Broomy should be a straight no for me.

Same here fuck them.

6 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

Surely not as the safety of even more fans wouldn't be guaranteed?

Or are they saying that if they get what they want either fan safety doesn't matter anymore or no-one could/would throw a missile 

They wouldn't do that as they're genuine, honest as the day is long, sporting integrity loving good guys. They're not the type of scum that would make false claims you know

Safety of individuals has never been their strong point 

4 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Pathetic from both clubs fucking give each other European allocation and stop pissing about and ruining what used to be a great derby 

Police won't allow Broomloan to be mixed when they visit. It is either the corner or the whole stand. 

59 minutes ago, CXB said:

Rangers demand Celtic ticket allocation in face of champions’ Ibrox snub as row takes new twist

The Scottish champions have already knocked back the chance to have fans at Ibrox next term.

BY DAVID MCCARTHY

18:40, 27 JUL 2023

(Image: SNS Group)

Sign up to FREE email alerts from Daily Record - All The Latest Daily Updates On Ibrox Headlines From Daily Record Rangers

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you've consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Rangers will demand an allocation of 700 tickets for the derby at Parkhead in December – even though Celtic have rejected the offer of the same amount for the Ibrox clash in September.

Discussions between the security teams of both clubs are ongoing but Record Sport understands Celtic have knocked back the chance to have 700 of their fans at Ibrox because they fear the safety of their supporters – who would be wedged in a corner between the Broomloan and Govan Stands – cannot be guaranteed. The Parkhead club wants a return to the pre-2018 situation which saw them take the entire 7500-capacity Broomloan Stand and Rangers receiving the same amount of tickets at Celtic Park.

But with the Ibrox club having more than 45,000 season book holders, there’s no chance of that happening and their preference is 700 for each team. And it is believed they are insisting that having made the offer of 700 tickets to Celtic - irrespective of it being accepted - they should be given the opportunity to take the same number of fans to Parkhead for the New Year Old Firm derby and are keen to do so.

READ MORE

Transfer news LIVE as Celtic and Rangers plus Aberdeen FC, Hearts and Hibs eye signings

READ MORE

Rangers transfer news bulletin as Danilo exit sparks bullish Arne Slot stance and 2 sell on paydays become clear

Rangers could complain to the SPFL if that offer is not forthcoming. Celtic are understood to have held talks with leading supporters’ groups, who are believed to be backing their stance.

Was the only safety issue not when we played at their shitehole? :lol:

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Where are the thousands of available seats?

Evidence them. Either on sale, or available that they're not required by the club.

Go....

Our stadium holds over 50k people. We have around 46k tickets sold for a home match not including away supporters before public sale.

Just now, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Our stadium holds over 50k people. We have around 46k tickets sold for a home match not including away supporters before public sale.

So not allocated to ST holders but you can't substantiate they're available. Ie not reserved for use by the club.

Agreed 👍 

3 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Their have been incidents at both, the 1-1 Sakala game was wild at full time.

Aye, that's my point mate - I was on the halfway line at Hampden for the league cup final last year and had a few coins and drinks chucked our way (and vice versa)

It's the way it has always been and always will be. Not sure why anyone is flagging as a concern now. Also don't really understand their logic around "it's unsafe, so give us more"

Putting that aside, I do think they should get the Euro allocation, this fixture is being diluted like fuck. I get that's not a popular sentiment among our fans, but it's what I've heard from loads of neutrals too. 

18 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Mate this conversation only crops up when they're in the ascendancy. It's staged.

If we're top of the league then they're not taking 2.5k at Ibrox at New Year and giving us that or more at their place for April after the split.

Makes no sense, Lawell would never sanction it.

Mate they used to sell out the Broomloan during our 9 in a row and the Advocaat years ? To think they wouldn’t sell 2 and a half thousand for an old firm game is bizzarre 

Just now, psb07158 said:

Aye, that's my point mate - I was on the halfway line at Hampden for the league cup final last year and had a few coins and drinks chucked our way (and vice versa)

It's the way it has always been and always will be. Not sure why anyone is flagging as a concern now. Also don't really understand their logic around "it's unsafe, so give us more"

Putting that aside, I do they should get the Euro allocation, this fixture is being diluted like fuck. I get that's not a popular sentiment among our fans, but it's what I've heard from loads of neutrals too. 

Having been in the away end with 800, I completely get it. This wasn't your usual stuff between us and them. It's a recipe for absolute disaster and don't get me started on having to be at a meeting point 2 and a half hours before kick off nonsense.

Just now, cr3_bear said:

Mate they used to sell out the Broomloan during our 9 in a row and the Advocaat years ? To think they wouldn’t sell 2 and a half thousand for an old firm game is bonkers 

One of the stupidest things I've ever read on here that the filth wouldn't take 2.5k tickets for Ibrox under any circumstances

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Where has this 'safety' point come from? 

Their fans are as safe at Ibrox as ours are at theirs. 

Purely a smokescreen / opportunity to paint us in a bad light. They have put it out on a couple of occasions and never been challenged to demonstrate exactly what it is they see as unsafe / how it is comparatively more unsafe than any other ground so keep throwing it around as they are never challenged.

Obviously there are incidents (as highlighted above) but I’m pretty sure we could point to equal issues for our fans at their ground (worse actually as our fans had a crush getting into their unfit dump of a ground) or other away grounds.

1 minute ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Having been in the away end with 800, I completely get it. This wasn't your usual stuff between us and them. It's a recipe for absolute disaster and don't get me started on having to be at a meeting point 2 and a half hours before kick off nonsense.

Fair enough, hadn't realised the extent of it

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Where has this 'safety' point come from? 

Their fans are as safe at Ibrox as ours are at theirs. 

It's almost as if its made up disingenuous bullshit.

They could, of course, prove it's genuine concern by refusing away tickets at any ground on the basis that someone might throw something and someone might get hurt

Just now, rossco87 said:

Purely a smokescreen / opportunity to paint us in a bad light. They have put it out on a couple of occasions and never been challenged to demonstrate exactly what it is they see as unsafe / how it is comparatively more unsafe than any other ground so keep throwing it around as they are never challenged.

Obviously there are incidents (as highlighted above) but I’m pretty sure we could point to equal issues for our fans at their ground (worse actually as our fans had a crush getting into their unfit dump of a ground) or other away grounds.

The crush was their supporters and it's what lead to having to be in the stadium 2 hours before kick off.