Dessers

BigBearButt

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

For posters to form an assessment of Shankland they must watch a lot of hearts games. This is the only way you can debate and talk about his attributes. People are making shit up.  

when you’re right into your football, it wasn’t hard to notice that even playing with Ayr United he was scoring for fun, then again at Dundee United and now Hearts. 

2 minutes ago, CR3 said:

when you’re right into your football, it wasn’t hard to notice that even playing with Ayr United he was scoring for fun, then again at Dundee United and now Hearts. 

Find it bizarre how people can't tell a natural finisher 😂

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

We need a striker now. You are not getting top of the range in January as will be way out our market. We won't have much to spend and need to spend what we have in a few areas. Shankland is one of the best strikers in Scotland, better than anything we have bar a fit Roofe that is never happening. 

He improved us up top significantly just now, that's enough for me if we want this league title.

In the summer Roofe, Dessers and the likes should be off and we can build real quality then but right now a tried and tested player who scores in our league is a no brainer.

Danilo is fucked and Roofe is unreliable. Playing the diddy Dessers up top isn't an option 

Shankland: 17 games(started them all), 8 goals in league.

Dessers: 13 games (started 11), 5 goals in league.

A better record than Dessers, but less than a goal every 2 games. Tried and tested as average. Now I'm sure someone can play about with the figures, but Shankland, in the league, is only marginally better than Dessers, so unless he's dirt cheap, signing him doesn't make sense.

1 minute ago, left winger said:

A better record than Dessers, but less than a goal every 2 games. Tried and tested as average. Now I'm sure someone can play about with the figures, but Shankland, in the league, is only marginally better than Dessers, so unless he's dirt cheap, signing him doesn't make sense.

Have you literally watched dessers play? Fucking hell. 

You're the dude MK2 you just strive for attention 

Just now, born a blue nose said:

Have you literally watched dessers play? Fucking hell. 

You're the dude MK2 you just strive for attention 

Yeah, saw him stick one away against Betis. Thanks for asking, though. 

We all know Dessers isn't good enough, but signing someone else whose record suggests he isn't good enough doesn't make sense. Unless it's a very cheap gamble. 

6 minutes ago, left winger said:

I think Shankland doubles those numbers in a Rangers team.

2 minutes ago, left winger said:

Yeah, saw him stick one away against Betis. Thanks for asking, though. 

We all know Dessers isn't good enough, but signing someone else whose record suggests he isn't good enough doesn't make sense. Unless it's a very cheap gamble. 

The out of body experience Betis goal aside, I'd expect shankland to score probably all the goals dessers has. And probably a few of the ones he's made an absolute cunt off, and give more to the performance. 

Wonder how many of shanklands dessers would have scored. 

A find it mental how you can watch both players and no say the right one would be more effective, it's like you're watching a different game completely man

Just now, born a blue nose said:

The out of body experience Betis goal aside, I'd expect shankland to score probably all the goals dessers has. And probably a few of the ones he's made an absolute cunt off, and give more to the performance. 

Wonder how many of shanklands dessers would have scored. 

A find it mental how you can watch both players and no say the right one would be more effective, it's like you're watching a different game completely man

I've literally said that Shankland's record is better than Dessers. You literally replied to that post. I also said that I'd sign him if he was cheap. And I said Dessers isn't good enough, nor would Shankland be good enough, imo.

It's like you're reading a different post completely man.

2 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Dessers had a golden season in the lower league in Holland. That gets dismissed as a fluke because it was against lesser opposition yet Shankland’s  a goal scoring machine playing for Ayr Utd and Dundee Utd in the championship for half his time there. He didn’t do much at Aberdeen or in Belgium. 
He’s got a great record for Hearts but this season he’s no more efficient than Dessers and certainly not scoring for fun.

1 minute ago, left winger said:

I've literally said that Shankland's record is better than Dessers. You literally replied to that post. I also said that I'd sign him if he was cheap. And I said Dessers isn't good enough, nor would Shankland be good enough, imo.

It's like you're reading a different post completely man.

Cgaf MAGA

26 minutes ago, left winger said:

Finally, someone else has got it.

When you work out their performance over the minutes played this season Dessers is actually more effective. Only just, but better nonetheless.

14 minutes ago, beararse said:

Finally, someone else has got it.

When you work out their performance over the minutes played this season Dessers is actually more effective. Only just, but better nonetheless.

But all you are doing is choosing the stats that suits your argument.

If you pull up the stats for chance creation, crosses into the box, possession, territorial superiority and it would probably become pretty clear that we dominate games and create a ridiculous number of chances in comparison to Hearts and more chances creates more opportunities for goals.

You can talk about minutes per goal but it’s a skewed metric when it’s highly likely that minutes per goal improves for any player who gets put in our side and it’s highly likely that it decreases for any player who would get put from our side into the hearts side.

30 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

But all you are doing is choosing the stats that suits your argument.

If you pull up the stats for chance creation, crosses into the box, possession, territorial superiority and it would probably become pretty clear that we dominate games and create a ridiculous number of chances in comparison to Hearts and more chances creates more opportunities for goals.

You can talk about minutes per goal but it’s a skewed metric when it’s highly likely that minutes per goal improves for any player who gets put in our side and it’s highly likely that it decreases for any player who would get put from our side into the hearts side.

When my  argument is that Shankland isn’t any better at converting chances than Dessers it seems fairly obvious to quote shot conversion rates and shot accuracy. No?