Director of Football Thread

Broxi

Bisgrove mentioned this process is in its "final stages" last night. He's conducting interviews in London with Bennett this week.

The Sun is reporting that Liverpool's Alex Inglethorpe is in the frame for the job. He's their Academy Director, having previously been U21s manager, and reserve team coach (working under Brenda). Before that he coached at Spurs (and turned down the chance to become MK Dons manager to take that job). 

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

So another project guy and hope he turns good if it is that Inglethorpe. That's always worked well for us. Really hope it's nonsense and we bring in a guy with experience of running a football club. 

If it's true, it seems like our strategy is just looking at EPL sides with notoriously effective recruitment departments and approaching the most senior person who isn't totally unrealistic. That made sense with Jewell, because he was actively involved in successful recruitment of first-team players, but it's a bit baffling to earmark a guy with a skillset/background that's probably better suited to what Zeb Jacobs does. Especially when Bisgrove was very clear last night that this "individual will lead our recruitment team".

He might be absolutely blinding at finding / recruiting young players with potential, and could be a great candidate for all I know, but I'd also like someone with more experience of leading first-team recruitment. Even if it's at a lower level. 

1 hour ago, rangersross said:

If it's true, it seems like our strategy is just looking at EPL sides with notoriously effective recruitment departments and approaching the most senior person who isn't totally unrealistic. That made sense with Jewell, because he was actively involved in successful recruitment of first-team players, but it's a bit baffling to earmark a guy with a skillset/background that's probably better suited to what Zeb Jacobs does. Especially when Bisgrove was very clear last night that this "individual will lead our recruitment team".

He might be absolutely blinding at finding / recruiting young players with potential, and could be a great candidate for all I know, but I'd also like someone with more experience of leading first-team recruitment. Even if it's at a lower level. 

How does that go for the guy we just appointed from OH Leuven?