GTA VI

TheKingObv

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

I remember GTA V was released either on a Tuesday or Wednesday. That was a cunt of a shift that day.

Hopefully a thing of the past. With the move away from physical media USA based publishers are less concerned about maximising their physical sales in launch week. So should be a Friday this time round! 

35 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Guy on reddit who knew all the details of the trailer before it wss released says the game is planned for very early in 2025.

These rumours are coming from the Take Two executive who stated they expect their revenue in the 2025 fiscal year to exceed $8billion. 

That will only happen with the launch of a new mainline title boosting their figures. 2025 fiscal year runs from Apr 2024 - Mar 2025.

So a late 2024 or an early 2025 release was the target. Wether it still is just depends on how the development is going. 

Whilst games typically aim for the holiday season to maximise sales. GTA is one of the few games who don’t need to do that… they will smash records regardless of the time of the year. 

24 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Hopefully a thing of the past. With the move away from physical media USA based publishers are less concerned about maximising their physical sales in launch week. So should be a Friday this time round! 

theres a growing backlash to digital downloads and a growth in dvd.vinyl, and game sales and rockstar especially wont want to miss out on a lot of sales

1 hour ago, Rowley Birkin said:

theres a growing backlash to digital downloads and a growth in dvd.vinyl, and game sales and rockstar especially wont want to miss out on a lot of sales

GTA special editions with soundtracks, artwork and other shit are about the only ones I would buy. Still have my Rockstar keyring from GTA 4's. I'd imagine there would be demand for one this time round too

GTA will sell regardless what time of year it comes out. Probably think very early 2025 with updated consoles coming out roughly the same time. By the looks of it already this might push the PS5 to its limits, especially if something like 90% of the buildings have seemless transitions inside too.

6 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Green overlay is the current GTA V map and the black underlayed GTA 6 map.

20231204_143742.jpg

This is all speculation btw 

Nobody knows really.

Though the coordinates on the leak last year do suggest its potentially around 1.5x bigger than V.

11 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

This is all speculation btw 

Nobody knows really.

Though the coordinates on the leak last year do suggest its potentially around 1.5x bigger than V.

It's pretty spot on tbh. There's a 55 minute breakdown video with a guy from Florida that explores the trailer frame by frame.

It's definitely Vice City (Miami) and surrounding cities (Leonia) and Islands etc. Which makes it huge 

And stills of the bridges all match up with the map that's in circulation.

16 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

It's pretty spot on tbh. There's a 55 minute breakdown video with a guy from Florida that explores the trailer frame by frame.

It's definitely Vice City (Miami) and surrounding cities (Leonia) and Islands etc. Which makes it huge 

And stills of the bridges all match up with the map that's in circulation.

The map you've shown was created 2 years ago but has since been superseded by mapping projects based upon the leaks from last year. 

I went down a gta rabbit hole the other day and mapping projects are still guesswork at this stage. The general principles of the up to date maps are similar to yours though, but nobody really knows the true size or shape etc

33 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

The map you've shown was created 2 years ago but has since been superseded by mapping projects based upon the leaks from last year. 

I went down a gta rabbit hole the other day and mapping projects are still guesswork at this stage. The general principles of the up to date maps are similar to yours though, but nobody really knows the true size or shape etc

I went down the same rabbit hole my friend 😄 

206.8 square kilometers or 79.9 square miles, 2.5 times larger than the map size of GTA 5 is the accepted estimates.

Based on video leaks, the landmarks being used, and the numerous shots of the connecting Islands etc.

It's pretty close to what we're going to get.

2 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

See if you play the female lead character in this, what happens with the prostitutes on the street?

Do you pick up a guy and pay him $50 for a lick out?

Asking the important questions mate!

9 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

See if you play the female lead character in this, what happens with the prostitutes on the street?

Do you pick up a guy and pay him $50 for a lick out?

Maybe she's trans and still has a cock.

Hopefully the guy is an option playable character. Don't fancy cutting about 90 percent of the time as a bint