GTA VI

TheKingObv

25 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

I can’t wait for it, completed the last one on 4 different consoles :lol:

fucking loved it 

I think in an ideal world I'd have had it set in the 80s again, but that was never gonna happen given the new dimensions modern technology can add to the game.

Couple of other things I'd like to see is 

1. Slightly less linear missions where its 'go to x then go to y'

2. Maybe scale back a bit on the light hearted humour (though this won't be for everyone).  Feel like they took it a bit far at times in V and lost a bit of immersion because of it. San Andreas had a good balance.

GTA 5 felt like being a taxi getting phoned by rappers asking you to steal cars, didn’t keep me interested in any story or characters compared to Red Dead 2. I just went on a quick rampage then switched it off most of the time. I remember trying to land a plane in it being the point where I stopped playing it. 

It’s going to be mental. The difference in details between GTA5 and Red Dead 2 were insane with a five year gap between them, imagine how much  better the improvements in details between Red Dead 2 and GTA6 will be with another five years of development and advancements.

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

GTA V is probably the biggest buzz I’ve ever had and will ever have/see for a game.

Months of watching videos on YouTube before it :lol: 

I remember knowing I was getting Vice City for xmas and I wasn't allowed to play it but my mum let me read the manual. Must have read it cover to cover every day.

1 minute ago, FlippinEck said:

I remember knowing I was getting Vice City for xmas and I wasn't allowed to play it but my mum let me read the manual. Must have read it cover to cover every day.

My Playstation scratched and broke my Vice City disc after the 1st day. I had to wait another 2 weeks to get a new one because of demand. My first lesson of heart break :lol:

1 minute ago, ShanksRFC said:

My Playstation scratched and broke my Vice City disc after the 1st day. I had to wait another 2 weeks to get a new one because of demand. My first lesson of heart break :lol:

Nightmare. Loved that game. Loved the soundtrack, the feel, the setting, the graphics at the time. Trying to get over to the other islands even though they were locked. Just so many things about it that I remember.

6 hours ago, RFC55 said:

defo needs it’s own thread. When we expecting release? Late next year? 

Probably, but there’s a possibility it might not even be as late as that. Spring 2024 could even be an outside shout.

GTA5 and Red Dead didn’t have the smoothest run ups to launch for Rockstar… they got a lot of bad press regarding their crunch culture which led to numerous delays. Since then they’ve completely restructured their development cycles.

The game has been in development for 9 years now… I suspect they’ve deliberately held off on announcing it until the game is almost done. So I’m not expecting a long launch window or any delays this time round.

GTA is one of the few games that can release on any day of the year it wishes. It will smash records regardless.

It will just come down to what financial year rockstar want the game to fall into(Runs Oct to Sept in the USA)

could never get into the story mode for gta 4 or 5, always knocked it on, did a mission or two then went on a rampage, flying cars or whatever cheats and knocked it off. i need to give 5 a proper go.

Always remember getting gta vice city just after my mam died, dad got me it. then when SA come out and my step mum moved in, she refused to buy me it because it was an 18 rated game :lol: so rinsed vice city for years until i bought 4 myself

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

The GOAT game series

Hasn't come close to Mario in sales mind you. Sure I read somewhere that something like 1 in 9 people on the planet have bought a Mario game :lol: for the type of game it is though Id definitely agree its the best open world immersive game series out there.

8 minutes ago, Iakona said:

The game has been in development for 9 years now…

is there not a danger that it’ll have been worked on with a lot of older tech or even just the GTA 5 engine and not be as close to the bleeding edge as people will think compared to newer projects/UE5 etc, since it’s been in development that long. Was slightly burned by Starfield being 7-8 years in the making in that regard however still enjoyed it. 

42 minutes ago, CR3 said:

is there not a danger that it’ll have been worked on with a lot of older tech or even just the GTA 5 engine and not be as close to the bleeding edge as people will think compared to newer projects/UE5 etc, since it’s been in development that long. Was slightly burned by Starfield being 7-8 years in the making in that regard however still enjoyed it. 

Rumours are it is using an updated version of RDR 2 Rage engine. I am not particularly too worried seeing as St. Denis still looks great and still works my 3080 hard.

My main concern/worry is that it falls foul of the liberal woke mind virus that many games have succumbed to.