Handball European Championships

I know that Handball isnt really a thing in the UK, but in Scandinavia, and Europe, its a big thing. The bundesliga is the biggest league and they get attendances of around 20-30.000. Two of the best young players in that league are from the Faroe Islands.. they are playing for the two top clubs in Germany, which basically is like playing for Barca or Real. This tiny club up here is basically churning out players that are getting snapped up by the elite clubs. This comes after massive success of the u21 national team. The full national squad is basically the u21 team and we have qualified for the European Finals, which started this week. We are playing Slovenia just now and its 5-5. Hopefully we win and progress from the group. 

I can add, that 5000 Faroese supporters are in the hall for the game.. thats over 10% of our entire population :lol: 

15 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

@johanhentzeI think he has a young Kevin Thomson in a headlock there :lol: 

Certainly looks like it. The boy is absolutely massive. He plays for Latvia and I went to a game up here a couple of years ago, and the pics dont do it justice really. Hes like the big trolls in LOTR.

17 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

My late brother loved the sport. He was a GB international, travelled all over Europe playing. Ally McCoist was a good player too, that’s how they knew each other. 

Thats amazing. Its a great sport.. Im always looking at it thinking that football coaches facind "low blocks" should look at handball.. basically its a low block that you have to get through. Some of the patterns of play are absolutely amazing!