U18’s Lose At Hibs

10 hours ago, Elfideldo said:

Something not right surely with our academy set up. I mind you posted an occasion last season when we played hibs across 4 different age groups and managed one draw and 3 defeats. It might even have been 5 games and one draw,. The same when we played Hearts across different age groups just recently. Not much seems to come through our system, even Bailey Rice was taken in from elsewhere. What do you reckon it is we are doing wrong?

Others who watch all the age groups will be able to comment more.

But I've watched the 2008s and have heard stories about other age groups. Common complaint is that we're too wee, and have players encouraged to dribble rather than a robust and effective football style. As kids age, athleticism catches up and skillful players can get bullied.

I'm sure someone on here, maybe Stepps Boy, talked about us going for a more physical and athletic approach.

There's boys leaving Glasgow to play for the likes of Hearts, who gub us at all age groups. 

Somethings just not right. We need to attract the best boys in the West of Scotland and beyond, and have our style of play far better, and more winning, than it currently is. Athleticism needs to be a part of that.