1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Clement doesn't sound happy that he is back and looks embarrassed that the board have gone over his head.

He's not a ready option according to the manager, yet he is for his country.

For the most part, I like Clemnet, but sometimes he can be infuriating! 

He's quite a weird guy tbh

How the fucks it got to the point he's back in training, back available all this, if the manager doesn't want him?

Bizarre at least, fuming at worst if we're at a stage where the board are dictating who should be in the squad or not.

Players often improve as they age. They don’t stay at same level all their careers…just saying.

No idea if he will ever be good enough but we can’t move him on till Jan, and clearly addressed contract issue, then it would be pretty stupid not to have him in squad.

Hagi has never really strung together a series of top quality performances. He has had a few good moments. We had a few too many players like this who promised a lot but demanded patience and taking time with them. Even when Hagi was out on loan that was the feeling of the management there as well as here. I dont think Clement is being weird or difficult. Players like Hagi are just really frustrating but he is definitely ahead of Dowell and Lawrence.

1 hour ago, Loyal72 said:

How the fucks it got to the point he's back in training, back available all this, if the manager doesn't want him?

Bizarre at least, fuming at worst if we're at a stage where the board are dictating who should be in the squad or not.

Does seem like the Board have refused to trigger his wage increase meaning that Clement has been unable to work with him. Hagi was told to find a new club, didn't, and now the Board has decided its better to have a £20k p/w player in the squad than in the youths.

Leaves Clement in an awkward position with the player.

2 hours ago, Iakona said:

A lot of people will say stats flatter him - but I’d rather have him in the team than Lawrence.

Sadly I expect Hagi will only see game time out wide if at all, which is probably a waste of everyones time. 

I’d rather have Lawrence in the side ahead of Hagi every day of the week and I don’t even want Lawrence in the side 

18 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

Hagi has never really strung together a series of top quality performances. He has had a few good moments. We had a few too many players like this who promised a lot but demanded patience and taking time with them. Even when Hagi was out on loan that was the feeling of the management there as well as here. I dont think Clement is being weird or difficult. Players like Hagi are just really frustrating but he is definitely ahead of Dowell and Lawrence.

Hagi was incredible during the autumn and winter of 55? 15 goal/assists in 28 league games…

Hes always been a moments player, will play badly in a fair few games but he seems to get an assist or a goal. I’d argue that would be a big help, as Lawrence isn’t prolific 

10 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Hagi was incredible during the autumn and winter of 55? 15 goal/assists in 28 league games…

Hes always been a moments player, will play badly in a fair few games but he seems to get an assist or a goal. I’d argue that would be a big help, as Lawrence isn’t prolific 

Incredible 😂

Just now, JackAlex93 said:

There's a difference between good going and incredible. He was decent aye

In terms of our recent midfielders stats over the past 4-5 seasons, it was an incredible season because nobodies come close to that level of goals/assists. 

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Which was blatantly obvious the entire time. If he wanted him he’d have recalled him in January 

That’s a very one dimensional perspective

Perhaps that wasn’t an option because at that point neither the board nor Hagi were willing to compromise.

I expect both were hoping a new club would be found and so neither were willing to address the salary increase issue.

2 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

That’s a very one dimensional perspective

Perhaps that wasn’t an option because at that point neither the board nor Hagi were willing to compromise.

I expect both were hoping a new club would be found at that time and so neither were willing to address the salary increase issue.

Nah, it’s not. He wasn’t recalled when we needed players for the run in and then he wasn’t brought back into the fold by Clement this summer. It’s not one dimensional, it’s blatantly obvious.

As I said yesterday he’ll be a good replacement if Dowell gets injured. Phil seems to not even rate him to that extent.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Nah, it’s not. He wasn’t recalled when we needed players for the run in and then he wasn’t brought back into the fold by Clement this summer. It’s not one dimensional, it’s blatantly obvious.

We’ll find out soon enough

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

He's fuckin pish 

He’s dog shite and I’m not going to lie I almost hate the sight of him and his name at this stage.

He didn’t want to be here but then discovered no cunt actually wanted him. Then he decided to play the innocent victim card on social media by claiming he’s always ready to play for Rangers. Between that and some of the fanbase deciding they have sudden onset dementia regarding his previous appearances for us he’s doing my nut in 

5 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

We’ll find out soon enough

Find what out soon enough? I’ve just given the reasons why Clement clearly doesn’t rate him :lol:

You think if Phil rated Hagi and wanted him in the team the board would have blocked it? Deary me