Gazza

The Aberdeen hat-trick, just watching it back then, might have been the peak of excitement around the club in my lifetime. Just the roar when the teams came out and the big building works going on to fill in the corners…..it just felt at that time as if we were getting bigger and bigger every year.

My arse nearly collapsed when I saw the title of this topic.

Arguably England’s greatest player at that time was a Rangers player. Incredible. Imagine going to Ibrox every other Saturday to see the quality. I was quite young, so it was almost wasted on me.

This is stolen, but it puts the calibre of player we had into perspective. After the 1986 World Cup, everyone was doing the Hand of God like Maradona and after 1974 tournament, everyone was doing the Cryuff turn, thanks to the man himself. After Euro ‘96, everyone wanted to bleach their hair blonde, just like Gazza.

What a time to be alive. We were so relevant in the discussion of top British clubs.

4 hours ago, Lovenkraaands said:

My arse nearly collapsed when I saw the title of this topic.

Arguably England’s greatest player at that time was a Rangers player. Incredible. Imagine going to Ibrox every other Saturday to see the quality. I was quite young, so it was almost wasted on me.

This is stolen, but it puts the calibre of player we had into perspective. After the 1986 World Cup, everyone was doing the Hand of God like Maradona and after 1974 tournament, everyone was doing the Cryuff turn, thanks to the man himself. After Euro ‘96, everyone wanted to bleach their hair blonde, just like Gazza.

What a time to be alive. We were so relevant in the discussion of top British clubs.

I remember my dad actually bleached his hair. 8 year old me thought it made him the coolest guy around but 36 year me looks back and thinks that the bleached hair, alongside the new tattoo, the newly pierced ear and the sports car he bought around the same time was actually a mid life crisis brought on by mum leaving him a few months before Euro 96 :lol:

Favourite memory of him surprisingly was away to thistle, I was right at the front of the old stand behind the goal. Could nearly reach out and touch him at corners. Park was an absolute cow field but he was just unreal, I could believe how good he was on a shitty wee park