Jim Gillespie, rumoured new CEO.

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Folk have been posting the same things for over 3 years now Luke the above and they continue to skelp us with ease.

We are not 3 or 4 players short...its a squad we are short. 

If you put 3 quality players through the spine of our team you don't think we would be a different side? Our whole squad isn't shite.

EDIT - I've not been saying they were shite for years either. They're still very capable of dropping points throughout the season and will.

32 minutes ago, Inigo said:

So are we at the stage that a Rangers supporter sees us as a poisoned chalice and would prefer to stay at St Mirren?

He is only the vice chairman of St Mirren and is only in that position because the charity he is the CEO of bought a 27% stake in them.

When he was first linked I assumed he was like the CEO of St Mirren and that was his day to day job rather then spending his career in the social care/charity sector.

Our board really is a joke.

5 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

So we just have to hope Celtic lose 3 of there best players replace them with shite and we somehow afford to sign 3 excellent players for us. Got use.

Celtic lost O’Riley who was arguably there best player and spent 11 million replacing him 😂

Where did I say that? 

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

If you put 3 quality players through the spine of our team you don't think we would be a different side? Our whole squad isn't shite.

Steven Davis name was mentioned the other day. One Davis makes a difference to this side because it is so poor at the moment. 

Yes quality through the spine would get us closer but squad wise we are so poor. I still think Diomande would flourish with better around him and Barron has been ok but the rest ? Piss poor 

6 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

So we just have to hope celtic lose 3 of there best players replace them with shite and we somehow afford to sign 3 excellent players for us. Got use.

celtic lost O’Riley who was arguably there best player and spent 11 million replacing him 😂

And the boy they replaced him with will probably move for double the money in a couple of seasons - it’s just what they do

We try and get shite off the books while they make money on every cunt 

5 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Scottish Sun linking us to Adrian Bevington, formerly of the English FA, but their article reads more like he's vying for the role rather than we are actually approaching him for it

He was on Go Radio saying he'd be interested basically. 

14 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

EDIT - I've not been saying they were shite for years either. They're still very capable of dropping points throughout the season and will.

Goalkeeper not good enough 

Centre back not good enough 

Full back not good enough 

Centre mid not good enough 

Number 10 and out wide will give the benefit of the doubt until we see what Cortes, Barjami and Cerny can do in the same team 

Up front not good enough 

Our squad is shite

Just now, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Goalkeeper not good enough 

Centre back not good enough 

Full back not good enough 

Centre mid not good enough 

Number 10 and out wide will give the benefit of the doubt until we see what Cortes, Barjami and Cerny can do in the same team 

Up front not good enough 

Our squad is shite

Good CB stabilises the back line, Sterling out to RB. Butland becomes more protected from it.

Good CM protects the defence better leaving them less exposed and keeps the head as just now they’re all running about like headless chickens.

Good ST puts away the chances we get even when we are playing shite.

That’s a huge difference.

I think centre mid is our biggest problem right now, the huge gap between them and defence and also attack is ridiculous. Whether that’s the players or Clement is another debate.

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

Good CB stabilises the back line, Sterling out to RB. Butland becomes more protected from it.

Good CM protects the defence better leaving them less exposed and keeps the head as just now they’re all running about like headless chickens.

Good ST puts away the chances we get even when we are playing shite.

That’s a huge difference.

I think centre mid is our biggest problem right now, the huge gap between them and defence and also attack is ridiculous. Whether that’s the players or Clement is another debate.

Even if your thinking was true, and I really really don't think it is, the club chose not to address those issues during the sunmer and we obviously won't be in a position to do it in January.

4 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Even if your thinking was true, and I really really don't think it is, the club chose not to address those issues during the sunmer and we obviously won't be in a position to do it in January.

I think his thinking is bang on. Carter Vickers is the glue that holds a horrible back line together. Take him out, like last season, and you see the difference he makes to that defence. 

Kyogo got his first goal of the season against us, but if your using these games as a sample his thinking is again bang on. He takes his chances against us in near enough every game. 

Signed Propper and Igamane in the summer, so they addressed the issue about as best they could with the financial situation.

Getting knocked back by the vice chairman says 1 of 2 things, he doesn't have the stomach for the job, or he's met the board, seen for himself how much of a shit show it is and thought fuck that. You know which way the club will spin it and which way is correct. No one in their right mind goes near our senior jobs seeing the stick the board are getting

7 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

I took it as that was what you were meaning when you posted there squad list without these 3 players.

Nah, I was meaning what a difference three quality players makes to how a squad looks.

I don’t think our squad is horrendous but they’re all surrounding players which is the problem. 

Not saying the board will do fuck all either, they wouldn’t sort it if we needed one player.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Quite obvious now that there is a power struggle between the major Shareholders.

Bennett/King v Parks and their backers.

This will be a consequence of that.

It's been a shambles for years that needs sorted out. Having the guy at the top who doesn't have the majority of the shareholders backing is a mess.

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

GK - Schmeichel, Sinisalo, Bain
RB - Johnston, Ralston
CB - Trusty, Scales, Nawrocki, Welsh
LB - Taylor, Valle
CM - McGregor, Engels, Bernardo, McCowan, Holm
W - Maeda, Palma, Kuhn, Yang, Forrest
ST - Idah

You take away the three players I mentioned, that's their squad. Some good players but nobody I'd be terrified about. The big difference is they have players who can make a difference in each area of the park. I don't think our whole team is shite either, shite tactics and some players who still need moved on.

Hatate and CCV - 2 of the 3 best players you removed - were all missing for large parts of last season and they still won the league comfortably. 

Johnson is better than anything we have at right back. McGregor is a league ahead of anything we have in central midfield. I'd take Bernardo over the likes of Raskin and Barron. Idah is better than Dessers. I would take about 3 of their wingers over what we have. 

Take away their 3 best players and they're still clearly better. Take away our 3 best players and we'd struggle to get 2nd.

I really can't understand the delusion in how some people view our squad vs them. There's a reason they've won almost every trophy going for years now.

3 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Hatate and CCV - 2 of the 3 best players you removed - were all missing for large parts of last season and they still won the league comfortably. 

Johnson is better than anything we have at right back. McGregor is a league ahead of anything we have in central midfield. I'd take Bernardo over the likes of Raskin and Barron. Idah is better than Dessers. I would take about 3 of their wingers over what we have. 

Take away their 3 best players and they're still clearly better. Take away our 3 best players and we'd struggle to get 2nd.

I really can't understand the delusion in how some people view our squad vs them.

Yeah and they dropped a lot of points to the point(pre-collapse) we were looking at winning the league without winning an Old Firm game.

They are a very good side, they're not some unbeatable team though.

39 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Yeah and they dropped a lot of points to the point(pre-collapse) we were looking at winning the league without winning an Old Firm game.

They are a very good side, they're not some unbeatable team though.

Their points last season were enough to win 20 of the last 21 league titles. 

In what world is that 'dropped a lot of points'?