Celtic's "mental strength"

What did you make of Celtic’s “mental strength†the other night? Honestly, Strachan would say the moon was actually an aerial picture of a gigantic toilet bowl suspended 20,000 feet over the earth and the headline in the next day’s Record would be MOON IN PICTORIAL REPRESENTATION OF CERAMIC BATHROOMWARE SHOCK. How utterly pathetic. They should have murdered that mob with the advantage they had, couldn’t do it against eleven men, nor even against ten for a knackering half hour of extra time, in fact Spartak looked just as dangerous as the Mhanks in ET. They had to rely on Spartak bottling it, usually a Celtic speciality, with two of the worst penalties I’ve seen outside of primary school kickabouts and yet all the paper talk is of “mental strengthâ€. Don’t make me laugh. Where was their “mental strength†when they had the league snatched from them by the goalscorer they all lauded last night? Where was their “mental strength†when they folded against us, twice, when we started to show even an inkling that we would be challenging them again?

As Capt. Willard observed in Apocalypse Now, the bullsh1t piles up so fast you need wings to stay above it.

its always the same though..i remember when they got KO'd by artmedia and the papers were all saying 'brave celts so unlucky' . what a load of pish they got murdered away from home, it was there own fault they left themselves with so much to do, they were rank

and Spartak played them off the park home AND away but bottled it big time with lack of finishing and pathetic penalties that were nothing short of scandelous at this level.

celtic my arse

Yon Vinegar of Castlemilk - full of mental strength when missing the penalty

Nackered Motor - full of mental strength when missing 3 glorious chances and a penalty

MacDonald - full of mental strength when missing a hat trick of easy chances

Naylor/Boruc - full of MENTAL strength when scrapping

Brown - full of mental strength when misplacing pass after pass and cavorting aboot like a heedless chicken

They were definately full of something, mental strength, i think not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rangers: :rangers: :rangers: :rangers: :rangers: :rangers: :rangers:

mental strength my arse. They were pish and yet again they manage to get through a european match due to the other teams failings rather than their strengths. Played off the park by milan who missed dozens of chances but celtic were brave, unlucky etc. Even their goal against moscow they had to rely on a really bad error by a defender. FFS my gran could have scored that one. Moscow pushed for a goal and left gaps at the back and they still couldnt score another. 35mins+ with an extra man and still they couldnt score. Nakamura was useless and missed several easy chances. On wednesday nights showing of "talent" they should get hammered in every match in europe this season but after seeing that they are still so damn jammy i wouldnt be surprised if they qualified for the last 16. The line between total failure and success for celtic in europe is v fine. Even last year if jarosik hadnt cheated to win the free kick nakamura scored against man utd they would have finished BOTTOM rather than 2nd.

One thing I did notice about the other night is how the septic players virtually ignored strachan when they were taking on water before the start of ET. All you saw was this agitated wee man weaving between them, mouth going ten to the dozen, and the players completely ignoring him :lol: .

If you think that's bad then what about the reaction to their 1-1 draw in Moscow? Every corner of the media hailed it as "a magnificant result!" as if they'd just gubbed

Inter Milan 4-0 in the San Siro. Yes it was a favourable scoreline between two evenly matched teams but a magnificant result?

What a crapstravaganza.

mental strength my arse. They were pish and yet again they manage to get through a european match due to the other teams failings rather than their strengths. Played off the park by milan who missed dozens of chances but celtic were brave, unlucky etc. Even their goal against moscow they had to rely on a really bad error by a defender. FFS my gran could have scored that one. Moscow pushed for a goal and left gaps at the back and they still couldnt score another. 35mins+ with an extra man and still they couldnt score. Nakamura was useless and missed several easy chances. On wednesday nights showing of "talent" they should get hammered in every match in europe this season but after seeing that they are still so damn jammy i wouldnt be surprised if they qualified for the last 16. The line between total failure and success for celtic in europe is v fine. Even last year if jarosik hadnt cheated to win the free kick nakamura scored against man utd they would have finished BOTTOM rather than 2nd.

very good point about getting through due to other teams failings their Man U game was a prime example , totally outplayed by the devils but the devils missed several clear chances.