Boys in blue

Bazza

some ppl were quick to slate boyd today (as per usual) but i thought mcculloch was the worst player in the whole team let alone out of the rangers players. he did nothing and missed a great chance to score (After boyd was unlucky) had he scored that i think we could have went on to a rout... other than that, hutton and weir were good as you said. hutton was exposed a couple of times though which led to a couple of half chances in the second half but the whole team was going thru a rough spell... and boyd was linking up well and had a couple chances, won a few free kicks outside the area aswell

Good to see him make his mark. He's a nailed on RB for many a year to come. (tu)

Definetly. Head and shoulders above any other players competing for the position.

Who was the best Ger in the Scotland squad today?

I thought Hutton had a good game, Weir was solid, Boyd was superb and McCulloch was invisible.

ANy thoughts on our lads......

Hutton played well even although he was well skinned a couple of times. Should be a fixture at right back now he's broken in to the team. Boyd did well but superb is OTT...he did miss a great chance to put us 2-0 up. Great goal though, and took a good save to keep out his header early on. Weir was his usual solid self and McCulloch was terrible. Should have been hooked earliar IMO.

Overall I'd go for Boyd as his quick thinking, (along with Fletcher), got us off and running at a time when it was beginning to look a struggle.

I thought Hutton had a good game, Weir was solid, Boyd was superb and McCulloch was invisible.

I agree 100% with you Bazza, I also think it went some way to showing why McCulloch is not a midfielder IMO

I agree 100% with you Bazza, I also think it went some way to showing why McCulloch is not a midfielder IMO

I've never seen McCulloch have a good game for Scotland, hence me not wanting us to sign him, so a poor performance yesterday is not worrying.

He is a good player for tough away games, where the long-ball tactic is enevitable. But in games at home against mediocre opposition he shouldn't have been needed in the team, in my opinion.

I've never seen McCulloch have a good game for Scotland, hence me not wanting us to sign him, so a poor performance yesterday is not worrying.

He is a good player for tough away games, where the long-ball tactic is enevitable. But in games at home against mediocre opposition he shouldn't have been needed in the team, in my opinion.

Totally agree Davy (tu)

Hutton. Although he was caught out a couple of times, I put this down to the lack of cover from Teale, who I thought was garbage and has been the past couple of times I have seen him. I would rather have Burke on the right and that is saying something!

hutton was outstanding yesterday, he has made that right back slot his own.

With McFadden on the bench, you really wonder to the thinking behind Teale. More first team games maybe? :unsure:

i think mcleish explained that mcfadden could make more of an impact from the bench and that we needed more width which teale could provide. however teales delivery on the day let him down big time!

With McFadden on the bench, you really wonder to the thinking behind Teale. More first team games maybe? :unsure:

McFadden has only played 114 minutes of club football this season. Would he have made such an impact if he played from the start. I think McLeish got this one right.

Boydy is very clearly working on his game... For once, I was happy to see him play 90 mins in a tense game.

Held the ball up.. scored, could have had another and as I said on anoter post.. HIS run for the goal... was fantastic.

Props to Fletch for spotting the run too....

Boydy is very clearly working on his game... For once, I was happy to see him play 90 mins in a tense game.

Held the ball up.. scored, could have had another and as I said on anoter post.. HIS run for the goal... was fantastic.

Props to Fletch for spotting the run too....

Maybe some of the KB haters will give him a little more space now?