Would anybody like to see Broadfoot in at left-back instead of Papac?

Boab

Doubt it would happen, but what do you think?

Watching Broadfoot against East Fife (I know it was East Fife btw and not in the Champions League) I seen how good he was/is attacking side of the game, getting in bye-line and putting crosses into the Penalty Area. Something, that Papac doesn't seem very comfortable with.

Also, maybe KB could be more nimble than Papac, faster and I dare say he wouldn't be drastically worse than Papac defensively.

Views?

Would prefer to see Smith coming back looks as though we may have to wait a while yet. fairly obvious at times papac is not a full back and maybe the time has come to give broadfoot a run. has he not played left back before he came to us?

Guest The Brown Brogue

No.

Papac gets a hard wrap IMO, when you have a cavalier full-back on one side sometimes you need a defensive minded player on the opposite flank to track across the back line and cover.

He may be unspectacular but he's solid enough and just gets on with his job quietly.

Papac has been ok and improved this season done well so far for some1 who isnt a natural left back, Broadfoot was bought as a squad player and for cover but because he was bought from St Mirren it looks like people arent willing to give him a chance :rolleyes:

Papac has been ok and improved this season done well so far for some1 who isnt a natural left back, Broadfoot was bought as a squad player and for cover but because he was bought from St Mirren it looks like people arent willing to give him a chance :rolleyes:

Im not willing to give him a chance because there are better players that can play in his position.

Hes a bombscare.

Do people agree that the opposition will be first and foremost looking for weak links in our team, especially in the CL?

Right now, our weak link is Papac. Thomson/Whittaker may not be playing well either, but they are midfielders who, if they make a mistake, have another bank of 4 behind them to sweep it up.

So, clearly, opposition teams will be looking at our defence for a weak link and there's no doubting its Papac.

However, as the original poster requested, my answer would be no. Not Sasa's biggest fan, but he's better than Broadfoot.

A left back in a must in January though.

Definitely not. I really thought Smith would have signed a left back in the window, Papac is not the best, but he is at the minute that we have.

Anyone know when Steve Smith is back?

I like Papic, gives it his all and is afraid of making a mistake, so does the easy thing mostly. Something I like (hence why I like Hemdani so much).

Broadfoot looks slow and clumser...which is saying a lot.

I like Papic, gives it his all and is afraid of making a mistake, so does the easy thing mostly. Something I like (hence why I like Hemdani so much).

Broadfoot looks slow and clumser...which is saying a lot.

when did u join the hemdani club! lol

No chance :P

Am i the only1 growing to like Papac :) Does very much the same as big davie weir - no nonsence .

but weir seems to get alot of praise and papac slated . Fair play he aint the best left back in the world - but im more than confident with him in that postion right now. ( Messi will be shittin himself :craphead: )

But seriously .. Papac has came along way imo since the st mirren game at new year.. 1-1 at ibrox .. I dont think iv ever seen a worse performance ! .. but hes growing on me :) Keep on improvin Papac Son :D