The Official Georgia vs Scotland Thread

Due to the injuries and suspensions that have occurred after the Ukraine game who do you think will start for Scotland?

--------------------------Gordon----------------------------

Alexander---------Weir--------McManus-------------Naysmith

Fletcher----------Pearson-----------Ferguson------------McFadden

-----------------Boyd------------------Miller

Not necessary in a 4-4-2 formation but with those players starting.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordon

Alexander

McManus

Weir

Naysmith

Fletcher

Daily

Ferguson

Maloney

McFadden

Miller

I predict a score draw

I love the look of that team, I'd love it to be a front 3 of Mcfadden, Miller, Maloney but we'll probably set out quite deep

This is what I think 'Eck will go for

------------------Gordon--------------------

Alexander--Weir----McManus---Naysmith

-------------------Dailly----------------------

Maloney--Ferguson---Fletcher--McFadden

--------------------Miller----------------------

Think we could come unstuck here, but we really should come away with 3 points.

gordon

alexander

weir

mcmanus

naysmith

maloney

fletch

barry

pearson

mcfadden

miller

i think we'll win this. they dont have arveladze or kaladze and they were rubbish up front againt the tallies on saturday.

Is Shota out? big boost if he is

I'd go with B72's team... and think it will be a 1-1 draw. Hopefully win though, but even if we lose..we still have to beat Italy anyway.

Which in fact could work out well for us.. If we go into that game just needing a draw, we could end up sitting back far too much and losing, we play better IMO when we need a result

Rest Ferguson and Weir (tu)

_________________Gordon_______________

Alexander____McManus____Weir____Naismith

________________Dailly__________________

_______Ferguson________Fletcher__________

Maloney________________________McFadden

________________Miller___________________

Tho I'd go with Murty instead of that useless c*nt Alexander and drop Dailly.

I would love to see us going with an attacking 4-4-2 style diamond formation for the Georgia game:

---------------------- Gordon ----------------------

Alexander ---- Weir ----- McManus --- Naysmith

---------------------- Pearson ----------------------

-------------- Fletcher ---- Ferguson --------------

--------------------- McFadden ---------------------

------------------ Miller ---- Boyd ------------------

I reckon we should go out all guns blazing, we have the quality in midfield with McFadden, Fletcher and Fergusn to controll this game from the get go..The Georgians won't be expecting this as they will be expecting or usual 4-5-1 .... Lets be honest here the Georgians are mince and we should have no problems disposing of them if we play the right system, but we HAVE to score early (thats why we need two strikers)...

However the starting 11 for the game will be:

Gordon

Alexander

Weir

McManus

Naysmith

Fletcher

Ferguson

Dailly

Pearson

McFadden

Miller

Not quite sure how they will line in terms of positions but thats the 11 that will start on Wednesday night, of that I am 100% ... Maloney and Boyd will only be used if we are still tied goig into the last 10 - 15 minutes and McLeish is looking for a late winner....

We could be facing a 17 year old goalkeeper tomorrow night as Georgi Lomaia the regular goalkeeper has apparently quit the Georgia squad!

Teen keeper to face Scots

by Thomas Jordan

SCOTLAND could face a 17-year-old goalkeeper in Tbilisi tomorrow night.

First choice Georgi Lomaia has sensationally quit the Georgia squad after having a nightmare in the 2-0 defeat by Italy on Saturday.

Now Georgi Makaridze, who is just 17, is set to make his competitive international debut.

Makaridze, who plays for local side Dinamo Tbilisi, said: "The match is very important for us and there is no hope of an easy game."

With captain Kakha Kaladze, of AC Milan, and Schalke 04 midfielder Levan Kobiashvili out, coach Klaus Toppmoeller also is set to call up 16-year-old playmaker Levan Kenia, of Lokomotivi Tbilisi, who made his debut as a sub in a 1-1 draw against Ukraine last month.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa..._face_scots.php

lots of people going with a 4-5-1, but, Eck doesnt do that often, is more likely to be 4-1-4-1, or 4-4-1-1 I reckon, and, the team pretty much picks itself with the injuries we have

4-1-4-1 is just a positive way of saying 4-5-1 FFS, if you play this so called 4-1-4-1 are you NOT playing with 5 midfielders?? Am I wrong ??

lots of people going with a 4-5-1, but, Eck doesnt do that often, is more likely to be 4-1-4-1, or 4-4-1-1 I reckon, and, the team pretty much picks itself with the injuries we have

4-1-4-1 is just a positive way of saying 4-5-1 FFS, if you play this so called 4-1-4-1 are you NOT playing with 5 midfielders?? Am I wrong ??

a negative way you mean? positive would be 4-4-1-1, damn these numbers!

Posative or negative it doesnt really matter what matters is that McLeish will be playing 4-5-1 tonight (against a side who aren't that great) and the most frightening thing about his whole line up will be the inclution Christian "the Carthorse" Dailly....

I don't understand the logic behind this, we are playing with bags of confidence and the Georgians will be playing a 17 year old keeper. A perfect opportunity IMO to get Miller and Boyd up front with McFadden in behind as the playmaker and get this keeper under pressure from the start.

To play Dailly at the expense of Boydie is a total joke, the guy hasn't kicked a ball for West Ham in god knows how long, he's finnished !!

Posative or negative it doesnt really matter what matters is that McLeish will be playing 4-5-1 tonight (against a side who aren't that great) and the most frightening thing about his whole line up will be the inclution Christian "the Carthorse" Dailly....

I don't understand the logic behind this, we are playing with bags of confidence and the Georgians will be playing a 17 year old keeper. A perfect opportunity IMO to get Miller and Boyd up front with McFadden in behind as the playmaker and get this keeper under pressure from the start.

To play Dailly at the expense of Boydie is a total joke, the guy hasn't kicked a ball for West Ham in god knows how long, he's finnished !!

remember what happened to celtic in ukraine? better to start off cautious!

4-4-1-1 sounds ok to me with mcfadden behind miller

He hasnt kicked a ball for West Ham in ages because he is currently on loan at Southampton :rolleyes:

He hasnt kicked a ball for West Ham in ages because he is currently on loan at Southampton :rolleyes:

He's still f. ucking mince !!!