Messi Slams 'Antifootball' Rangers

Canadaready

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does he expect?

They paid more for one player this summer than we have done the past two seasons put together!

Rangers have spent more on one player than the rest of the league put together (other than the dhims), so it's horses for courses!

What do you say when teams like ICT come to Ibrox and play like that? Bearing in mind that the contrast between Rangers & ICT budgets are far wider than Rangers & Barca's?

What does he expect?

They paid more for one player this summer than we have done the past two seasons put together!

Rangers have spent more on one player than the rest of the league put together (other than the dhims), so it's horses for courses!

What do you say when teams like ICT come to Ibrox and play like that? Bearing in mind that the contrast between Rangers & ICT budgets are far wider than Rangers & Barca's?

They do what they have to do. Its up to us to break them down.

So what do you think, we should have went all out attack last night?

What does he expect?

They do what they have to do. Its up to us to break them down.

So what do you think, we should have went all out attack last night?

No, not at all! Just playing Devil's Advocate! The draw was the best I was hoping for.....could not see any way of winning!

What he really meant is that we didn't do as others have done and lie down to the 'superstars' - we gave them a game, defended well and it was Barca playing out the last few minutes after we had given them a couple of scares. Messi is a great player but a bit of humility and respect for fellow professionals might help him grow up!

This is really offending me now. I can't believe this guy. I used to like him.

Don't worry about it CR. He's just a 20 year old kid that's frustrated that he couldn't produce a goal against us. When he's older he'll realise our tactics were exceptional. :rolleyes:

it's the likes of him that dive about at the slightest bit of contact that are playing anti-football!

:lol: fuck him, stupid idiot, its called playing football! theres no rule that says you have to attack!

i mean theres probably not a rule to stop the whole team standing in a circle with the ball in between them for 90 mins either :lol:

What he really meant is that we didn't do as others have done and lie down to the 'superstars' - we gave them a game, defended well and it was Barca playing out the last few minutes after we had given them a couple of scares. Messi is a great player but a bit of humility and respect for fellow professionals might help him grow up!

I totally agree there, they were pratting around for the last few minutes because we almost scored twice. bassa!

it's the likes of him that dive about at the slightest bit of contact that are playing anti-football!

:lol: fuck him, stupid idiot, its called playing football! theres no rule that says you have to attack!

i mean theres probably not a rule to stop the whole team standing in a circle with the ball in between them for 90 mins either :lol:

Obstruction :unsure:

This is just complete and utter frustration from a player who only seems to play well when the opposition leave themselves exposed at the back. He hardly saw the ball out on the wing thanks to excellent marking from Papac and was forced to drift inside. Even then he wasn't anything special.

What he says is so very hypocritical aswell. He can come out and say that defending is "anti-football" (of course, that is not the case. Defending is an art.)

Yet what would you call diving and conning the referee into giving you free-kick? Isn't that the most "anti-football" act possible?

Grow up son and you learn how to play against teams who won't let you stroll through them. If you don't then you will never be the best.

:rangers:

Spot on. Sick to my back teeth of these c*nts with their high and mighty opinions of themselves - they seem to believe all they have to do is step foot on the turf and everyone else will start to genuflect. Would've been really sweet to nick the game from them last night, but I'll gladly take shutting them up on their own turf. Now THAT would be something beautiful indeed.

This is just complete and utter frustration from a player who only seems to play well when the opposition leave themselves exposed at the back. He hardly saw the ball out on the wing thanks to excellent marking from Papac and was forced to drift inside. Even then he wasn't anything special.

What he says is so very hypocritical aswell. He can come out and say that defending is "anti-football" (of course, that is not the case. Defending is an art.)

Yet what would you call diving and conning the referee into giving you free-kick? Isn't that the most "anti-football" act possible?

Grow up son and you learn how to play against teams who won't let you stroll through them. If you don't then you will never be the best.

:rangers:

(tu)

Frustration that he couldn't get out of Papac's back pocket :P

They're the ones with the "superstars", the alleged best players in the world. He should be asking himself how their pefect football couldn't beat a side that, as stated, cost a fraction of their own.

I think he's just looking for excuses for their own poor performance rather than trying to slate us.

So, what did he want us to do? Play all out attack and leave him all alone? Oh, how selfish of us for not letting him play his game.

I agree welcome to the forum (tu)

Thanks!!! I've only just found this site. Dont know how I've managed without it!

Eidur Gudjohnson slated Messi for his diatribe! Nice compliment from him me thinks!

Eidur ups the ante on Messi

by Darrell King

EIDER GUDJOHNSEN today ripped into Barcelona team-mate Lionel Messi's blast that Rangers were guilty of playing "anti-football" in their Group E clash at Ibrox.

The Argentinian striker lashed out at Walter Smith's side for trying to stifle the Spanish giants in the 0-0 draw that kept both teams locked on seven points at the top of the section.

But Icelandic ace Gudjohnsen saw nothing wrong with Rangers' tactics after a result that puts them in touching distance of the last 16.

The former Chelsea man said: "I expected Rangers to play that way and I have no problems with that. They are trying to do a job against, with all due respect, a stronger team and they have to look after themselves.

"It was up to us to break them down and we just couldn't manage to find that killer moment.

"Rangers put a lot into the match. They are a strong side and they were given no chance in this group. So they have to fight for every point - and they are doing that."

Gudjohnsen also warned Barca not to expect an easy home run when the teams clash in the Nou Camp in two weeks.

He said: We won't be underestimating Rangers but, we will be confident of winning. We now have two home games left with a points total so far of seven.

"That's a good position with two away games down, but you always have to play in the Champions League. It's a tough group, we are aware of that."

Barca's players headed back to Spain content with a point, despite feeling they should have won the game on the balance of play.

Skipper Carles Puyol said: "Although we didn't score, the point was good for us. We went looking for the win at all times and I liked our attitude.

"It was a game in which we had a lot of the ball as Rangers played deep, but they are a strong side to break down."

Nice one PIB.

Shows some of Messi's teamates have a bit more respect for us.

Loved this line:

"It was a game in which we had a lot of the ball as Rangers played deep, but they are a strong side to break down."

Been waiting for that to happen for us for years now.

The former Chelsea man said: "I expected Rangers to play that way and I have no problems with that. They are trying to do a job against, with all due respect, a stronger team and they have to look after themselves.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Probably the wisest thing I've heard all week.