***The Official Barcelona v Rangers Thread***

Muff

50080.gif320px-UEFA_Champions_League_logo_2.svg.p50121.gif

Only goal difference separates Barcelona and us at the top of the group with the sides both unbeaten, two wins and a draw apiece. Victory for either in Spain would represent a major step towards the last 16 – and in the event of third placed Lyon losing at home against Stuttgart, would actually secure the winning team a place in the knockout stage with two games to spare. Barcelona have yet to concede a goal in this years competition.

_____________McGregor___________

Hutton____Cuellar____Weir____Papac

__Ferguson____Hemdani____Adam___

Beasley__________________McCulloch

______________JCD_______________

Barcelona- 1

Rangers- 1

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hopefully he will get a good run out at the weekend. If not then Cousin has shown that he is more than capable of playing in that role. Thomson will be a big miss, he's been excellent in the CL and in the last 4 games bar Tannadice.

Lets go with ....

------------------ McGregor ------------------

--------------------- Weir ---------------------

Hutton ----- Cueller ----- Eioghu ----- Papac

------------------- Hemdani -------------------

Beasley -- Ferguson -- Thomson -- McCulloch

Now I bet this is a formation Walter would love to play in the Nou Camp, I bet he would play 6-4-0 if he had the chance !!

IMO I dont see us getting anything out of this game (no matter what formation we play), if it's 5-4-1 I still see Barca scoring at least one goal. I reckon we should be using this game to experiment a bit, nothing outrageous but just tinker with the formation a little maybe even play 4-3-3 or something Barca won't be expecting. At the end of the day I dont see us losing the game anyway and as goal difference doen't apply in the Champs League whats the difference from losing 2-0 or say 4-0 at least then we could say we have tried something differnt.

I believe we can take something from the match in barcelona. On paper they are miles ahead of us but they didnt actually create that many clear cut chances at ibrox. henry and Gudjohnsen missed a couple of headers and ronaldinho came close with a free kick but it wasnt chance after chance for them( like benfica had lol) As long as hemdani is fit we have a chance as hes been awesome in europe this year. Thomson will be missed but if we can draw without hemdani then we can draw without thomson.

• Rangers have a disappointing record in Spain, with two draws and six defeats from eight matches there.

In addition, they have lost five out of seven two-legged ties against Spanish opposition, the most recent reverse coming last season in the UEFA Cup Round of 16, where they lost 2-1 on aggregate to CA Osasuna. Brahim Hemdani's injury-time equaliser earned Rangers a 1-1 first-leg draw prior to their second-leg defeat in Pamplona.

Time to sort that record out!

-------------------------------------------------McGregor-------------------------------------------------

--Hutton--McCulloch--Hemdani--Ferguson--Cuellar--Weir--Adam--Beasley--Darcheville--Papac--

Barcelona 0

Rangers 3

Team

McGregor

Hutton- Weir- Cuellar-Papac

Hemdani

McCulloch- Ferguson- Adam- Beasley

Cousin

Id keep Cousin up top himself, he didnt exactly do bad against Lyon away!!

Score

2-1 Barca

Beasley to score for the Gers.

My big prediction is me getting a nice senorita though!!! Ha

Ah I'm not as positive about this match. It reminds me of some year in the group stages when I think it was Panithanikos got a 0-0 draw against Barcelona at home, then they went over with the same confidence as us......................................and got pumped 5-0.

So I will reserve the little dreams I have been having (Barca 0-3 Rangers :D) and say Barcelona 2-0 Rangers.

Spose like most head says Barca to win, but we should go and enjoy it and like has been suggested send out a formation to surprise and go for a goal.....then you never know!!!

Barca 3 Gers 1(Head)

Barca 1 Gers 2 (Heart)

Anyway as I'll be there the party is gonna be brill!!!! :harhar: :harhar:

...what's the latest news on JCD?...

I've heard that he may well be available for the weekend. Although I doubt whether he'd be fit to start.

..but if he can get enough o a run out to be up for Barca?...that would work!

:clap:

_____________McGregor___________

Hutton____Cuellar____Weir____Papac

__Ferguson____Hemdani____Adam___

Beasley__________________McCulloch

______________JCD_______________

Barcelona- 1

Rangers- 1

I agree, but I would like Naismith to play some part. Would be maybe a surprise package for Barca