* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rodgers said the PSG result showed how formidable Barca can be and joked Celtic's result should be re-evaluated.

"I thought our 7-0 didn't look so bad," he laughed.

"I think if they can score six against PSG then maybe it maybe wasn't as embarrassing as what you guys [in the media] said back then.

"Listen, they can do that. They can do it to us and they can do it to one of the richest teams in the world.

"It's incredible and what a message for players to be resilient and to stick with it. Big quality and belief from some of the best players in the world."

:pipe:

Lets put it into context over the two games. Barca won 6-5 on agg against PSG and 9-0 against the filth. Lets not get too carried away eh Brendan.

Seen that story on the Daily Record website about a punter who placed a 125/1 bet with Bet Victor for Barca to win, Messi to score a penalty and Cavani to hit the woodwork at lunchtime.

This all happened but because the ball didn't stay in play after it hit the woodwork (says in the terms and conditions that it has to) they refused to pay out. 

The article goes on to show the Twitter exchange of the guy arguing with them about it and, surprise, surprise, the guy who placed the bets avatar is the celtic crest.

Trust it to be one of them playing the"always cheated, never defeated" card to try and get them to pay out and trust the Rhebel to be running it as a story too :lol:

9 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Seen that story on the Daily Record website about a punter who placed a 125/1 bet with Bet Victor for Barca to win, Messi to score a penalty and Cavani to hit the woodwork at lunchtime.

This all happened but because the ball didn't stay in play after it hit the woodwork (says in the terms and conditions that it has to) they refused to pay out. 

The article goes on to show the Twitter exchange of the guy arguing with them about it and, surprise, surprise, the guy who placed the bets avatar is the celtic crest.

Trust it to be one of them playing the"always cheated, never defeated" card to try and get them to pay out and trust the Rhebel to be running it as a story too :lol:

Old poster on here @dazbo84 put one on was ridiculous :lol: £20 he stuck on it

Barca to score a penalty, 4 + corners each team and Busquets and Veratti to be booked @100/1

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Barca to score a penalty, 4 + corners each team and Busquets and Veratti to be booked @100/1

Did it come in?

Even though they paid out in the end I want to say I feel for the guy because the has to stay in play rule is a nonsense but at the same time I can't bring myself to sympathise with one of them :lol:

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Did it come in?

Even though they paid out in the end I want to say I feel for the guy because the has to stay in play rule is a nonsense but at the same time I can't bring myself to sympathise with one of them :lol:

Just now, DBBTB said:

Did it come in?

aye came in mate 

13 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Did it come in?

Yes mate he won £2020 quid.

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:59 PM, BridgeIsBlue said:

And they've outspent everyone in the league probably twice over.

They should be miles ahead of everyone for the money they've spent.

But as has been shown,they come up against sides that are decent and know what they're doing then they look bang average at best.

I think the mighty Molde would still pump them :isay:

Reminds me of another team in Blue who tend to dominate them.

14 hours ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

Rodgers said the PSG result showed how formidable Barca can be and joked Celtic's result should be re-evaluated.

"I thought our 7-0 didn't look so bad," he laughed.

"I think if they can score six against PSG then maybe it maybe wasn't as embarrassing as what you guys [in the media] said back then.

"Listen, they can do that. They can do it to us and they can do it to one of the richest teams in the world.

"It's incredible and what a message for players to be resilient and to stick with it. Big quality and belief from some of the best players in the world."

:pipe:

Lets put it into context over the two games. Barca won 6-5 on agg against PSG and 9-0 against the filth. Lets not get too carried away eh Brendan.

I've always thought that Brendan was an arsehole, but he's in a league of his own with that shit.

I do wonder if these people really, deeply, solemnly, believe that shit, or they're at the wind up?

7-0, & 2-0, defeats, are on a par with a 4-0 win, & a 6-1 defeat?  Really? No they're not! The 1st is a 9-0 aggregate defeat, the 2nd is a 6-5 aggregate defeat. 9-0? Or 6-5? Both are defeats, but I know which one, of them both, I'd prefer. It's not even close. Brendan is a fucking moron!

2 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I've always thought that Brendan was an arsehole, but he's in a league of his own with that shit.

I do wonder if these people really, deeply, solemnly, believe that shit, or they're at the wind up?

7-0, & 2-0, defeats, are on a par with a 4-0 win, & a 6-1 defeat?  Really? No they're not! The 1st is a 9-0 aggregate defeat, the 2nd is a 6-5 aggregate defeat. 9-0? Or 6-5? Both are defeats, but I know which one, of them both, I'd prefer. It's not even close. Brendan is a fucking moron!

Watching the clip when he says this you can see the moment when he realises he is talking pish.

4 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

So is their sleekit keeper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTKORcr1jhY

56 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

They're streaming Gemmell's funeral service live on youtube :ohmy::facepalm:

There's something so wrong about doing that.

They have absolutely no shame!

If there were any injuries Sundays game would be getting postponed

Former bit part player dies while playing for another team, cancel our next game, nothing to do with injuries to Key players

Former legend dies while in the clubs employment, game is on, everyone is fit and the Rangers are knackered 

I mentioned it was in bad taste and was met with "Aye but they done it fur Diana!"

First of all, I have no problem with them showing the funeral procession etc, but actually filming inside the church is a bit much for me. They did indeed show inside for Diana if I remember right. I'm not saying it was the right thing to do then either.

Secondly, it just comes across a bit cheap when its done via a live stream and not national tv coverage.

1 hour ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

I mentioned it was in bad taste and was met with "Aye but they done it fur Diana!"

First of all, I have no problem with them showing the funeral procession etc, but actually filming inside the church is a bit much for me. They did indeed show inside for Diana if I remember right. I'm not saying it was the right thing to do then either.

Secondly, it just comes across a bit cheap when its done via a live stream and not national tv coverage.

As you say, the BBC covered Diana's for a national audience and gained no profit from its broadcast. 

This lot are streaming it on YouTube where hits = £££s. If Rangers did something like that I'd be appalled.

On 3/5/2017 at 7:16 AM, Vanoli said:

They've drawn 1 game all season. Even our greatest ever teams would struggle to match that pace. 

pish!

are you aware that Rangers have won the league by winning every league game?

Archived