Ibrox atmosphere (Lack of)

Bluepeter9

Loved Emersons story on another thread http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=44086-

For the record: I am a reformed 90 min bigot/unionist - I am proud to be a Rangers FOOTBALL supporter - and Scots! (20 year season ticket holder).

Developing the topic on the above thread- The atmosphere at Ibrox was gone before BB was bannned - All seated stadium is the biggest issue (I thought) but now I realise it is my fault!!!!!!!! :blink:

I only sing when we are winning, or really up for it (start of European games/Celtic etc.) - never started a chant in my life, Slightly embarressed doing the bouncy, Grumble when we are losing(or not winning after 10 minutes) (usually at the latest Ibrox boo boy - Whitiker's Turn!!). So its all my fault!

- except (I believe) there are many like me - can't blame the seats - cant blame the no BB - Its time for the new me, a raucous, loud, siging, dancing, fat, 47 year old to get behind the team - at all times. I just need to get of me arse and do it!! Who'll start me off ? (LOL)

Bouncy Bouncy Na Na Na Na na Na!

Loved Emersons story on another thread http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=44086-

For the record: I am a reformed 90 min bigot/unionist - I am proud to be a Rangers FOOTBALL supporter - and Scots! (20 year season ticket holder).

Developing the topic on the above thread- The atmosphere at Ibrox was gone before BB was bannned - All seated stadium is the biggest issue (I thought) but now I realise it is my fault!!!!!!!! :blink:

I only sing when we are winning, or really up for it (start of European games/Celtic etc.) - never started a chant in my life, Slightly embarressed doing the bouncy, Grumble when we are losing(or not winning after 10 minutes) (usually at the latest Ibrox boo boy - Whitiker's Turn!!). So its all my fault!

- except (I believe) there are many like me - can't blame the seats - cant blame the no BB - Its time for the new me, a raucous, loud, siging, dancing, fat, 47 year old to get behind the team - at all times. I just need to get of me arse and do it!! Who'll start me off ? (LOL)

You must be the only Rangers fan ever to admit that, i applaud you. Usually there 50,000 people leave Ibrox on a saturday complaining about the atmosphere...

The fans make a noise - the team will respond. Pay money to go to ibrox to moan is pointless, be as well sittin at home and listenin to it on the tranny then catch the highlights later on. It should be a privelage for each fan that can make it to Ibrox every other saturday, its killed me not being able to go to as many these last few years coz iv moved down south, the fans that go and moan and groan at the slightest thing dont know how lucky they are.

Get behind the team and the glory days will return

:rangers:

Win lose or draw we should be cheering on the teddies.

As you say mate its easy to be up for the gigger games but the point about the seating is a valid one, i,m a couple of years older than you and loved standing at games, that alone created an atmosphere especially at the piggery when we were all crammed into the Rangers end, christ the KOP had nothing on the swaying then.

It also takes the team to create a bit of excitement and to be honest that doesn,t always happen especially playing 1 man up at home.

So dont be too hard on yourself.

As you say mate its easy to be up for the gigger games but the point about the seating is a valid one, i,m a couple of years older than you and loved standing at games, that alone created an atmosphere especially at the piggery when we were all crammed into the Rangers end, christ the KOP had nothing on the swaying then.

It also takes the team to create a bit of excitement and to be honest that doesn,t always happen especially playing 1 man up at home.

So dont be too hard on yourself.

yes walter and his negative tactics dont get you in the mood for a sing song. :rolleyes:

The best post ever on this topic, IMO. (tu)

The one thing I am PROUD of is I aint a tubway army supporter - hate those that leave early !!!!

As much as I can't understand those who leave early

At least they pay their money, the folk I can't understand are the stay at home Rangers fans

We have thousands upon thousands of supporters not willing to get along to see the Rangers

Now I understand it's expensive, and if for financial reasons they can't get to the game then that's fair enough

I also understand those who refuse to go for as long as Sir Flim Flam is owner, they have had enough and I sympathize with their anger

But I have plenty of mates who only go once or twice a year, they are in their early twenties and have plenty of cash. Similarly all the locals in my boozer are never short of a few bob or two but prefer the coziness of the pub than getting along to Ibrox.

If these fans bothered to make the effort we could exceed 60000 easily

As for atmosphere, it's basically a mixture of all seated stadias but mostly confusion as to what we can and can not sing

If someone seriously wants to help create a little atmosphere they should look in to joining one of the singing sections

CanadianGer - Thanks - I'm blushing (n sining!) - LOOK out for the one man party in the NON signing Govan Front next home game! :blush:

I sit in amongst the BO in the broomie front, every week there's singing & dancin (bouncy), just wish the rest of you would join in.

Think back to the Stuttgart CL game, the place was bounin......what a night..... :rangers:

CanadianGer - Thanks - I'm blushing (n sining!) - LOOK out for the one man party in the NON signing Govan Front next home game! :blush:

It took me a while to catch onto this myself but I had a moment of clarity not long before I left Scotland in the spring of 2005. I was at Ibrox on Helicopter Sunday to see the presentation and right before/after (I don't remember the sequence) I was at Scotland v Belorus. The excitement on Helicopter Sunday was fantastic and you could seen the energy and the joy. But the singing was a bit subdued TBH, which I partly blamed on the tannoy being on constantly playing songs rather than letting the fans lead out.

At the Scotland game, we sang every minute of the train ride to Hampden, in some of the boozers, in friends houses on the way there, lining up to get in, during the game, during the interval, during the train ride home. Atmosphere was excellent. And I realised that the main difference was that everyone felt comfortable singing and starting a song and getting into the atmosphere. After it started to get quieter and quieter at Ibrox, it takes more bottle to get up, start dancing like a maddy and sing your heart out. And even then, you know a lot of your fellow supporters won't join in with much enthusiasm.

If the singing sections can really get their act together and a couple of hundred guys are in good voice, we'll see a huge improvement at Ibrox. (tu)

The whole point of starting this thread was that it is NO body's 'fault' that our atmosphere is porer than we want - except ourselves! me included. Stop moaning - start singing! Bouncy Bouncy na na na na na na

I am I am!! (work mates looking at me like Im nuts!)

:bouncy: :bouncy: :rangers: :bouncy: :bouncy:

There's not a lot of people owning up and sharing the blame with me for the lack of atmosphere - common lets admit it (The hardest first step) and work on a plan - one day at a time) -

Step one: I am going to be POSITIVE about the team for the whole game.

Step Two: I am going to stay for the whole 90 Minutes (Thats till the final whistle - before I move from my seat - no matter what the subway queue is like OR I recognise that I dont need to be first out of the car park - another 30 minutes is NO hassel on a Sat/Sun).

Step Three: I will be patient with new players (at least 10 minutes LOL - maybe 5 - 10 games ?).

Step Four: I will be patient and keep positive - even if we are not winning after 90 minutes.

Step Five: If we beat Celtic 3 - 0, - I will be happy (and not say - Rangers are crap why did we let them of the hook - (You know who you are !))

Step Six: I will not be embaressed by doing the bouncy - even if I am fat and nearly 50.

Step Seven: I will be there 5 minutes before kick off (especially on European games - and especially if I am not in my normal seat and leave time to find it without disturbing others)

Step Eight: I will sing and cheer as often as possible - even against the likes of ICT, Gretna etc.

Step Nine: I recognise the 'We are the people' !

There's not a lot of people owning up and sharing the blame with me for the lack of atmosphere - common lets admit it (The hardest first step) and work on a plan - one day at a time) -

Step one: I am going to be POSITIVE about the team for the whole game.

Step Two: I am going to stay for the whole 90 Minutes (Thats till the final whistle - before I move from my seat - no matter what the subway queue is like OR I recognise that I dont need to be first out of the car park - another 30 minutes is NO hassel on a Sat/Sun).

Step Three: I will be patient with new players (at least 10 minutes LOL - maybe 5 - 10 games ?).

Step Four: I will be patient and keep positive - even if we are not winning after 90 minutes.

Step Five: If we beat Celtic 3 - 0, - I will be happy (and not say - Rangers are crap why did we let them of the hook - (You know who you are !))

Step Six: I will not be embaressed by doing the bouncy - even if I am fat and nearly 50.

Step Seven: I will be there 5 minutes before kick off (especially on European games - and especially if I am not in my normal seat and leave time to find it without disturbing others)

Step Eight: I will sing and cheer as often as possible - even against the likes of ICT, Gretna etc.

Step Nine: I recognise the 'We are the people' !

It doesn't take much does it :bouncy:

half of them are to busy eating pies to sing or wondering what to watch later on tv.

Or running down the pie stall 20 minutes before half time and running home 20 minutes to go

We should get guys wi loud hailers down the front to start the chants like in Italy and Germany.get rid of that god awful brass band.....get a flute band :harhar:

half of them are to busy eating pies to sing or wondering what to watch later on tv.

Or running down the pie stall 20 minutes before half time and running home 20 minutes to go

We should get guys wi loud hailers down the front to start the chants like in Italy and Germany.get rid of that god awful brass band.....get a flute band :harhar:

great idea the flute band. :P