Kenny Miller Total Discussion Thread

McBoyd

<_<

I only joined this forum to air my views about this

My season ticket will not be renewed and I will never attend another Rangers match if they sign him

if its not already renewed then why not as the deadline has passed

I have until the 11th of June to decide

how come where do you sit

Not next to that clown anyway who told me to go home

Ive had the same seat in the Bill Struth stand for 22 yrs now

thats where i sit but i had to pay by the start of may so how come you get special treatment youre not related to mr murray are you

No special tretment just a favour due to my work commitments

<_< hhmm i smell shite

:rangers: till i die

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just wait until Robson, Hartley and McManus get stuck into Mhiller, hopefully they do him properly!

4-5-1 away to the likes of Hibs, Hearts, celtc....with Mhiller up on his own and Ferguson behind him with McCulloch on the left or right. Can't fukn wait!

Come on tae feck, you don't want the scum players to knock lumps out of our own players do you, even miller

mhisser will never be 'our' player and the more cracks to the jaw and late dangerous tackles on him the better, i say :bouncy: on his heid

Just wait until Robson, Hartley and McManus get stuck into Mhiller, hopefully they do him properly!

4-5-1 away to the likes of Hibs, Hearts, celtc....with Mhiller up on his own and Ferguson behind him with McCulloch on the left or right. Can't fukn wait!

The thought of that flee infested git playing for Rangers that long scares me to death and I dont want the mhanks to get that opportunity to take him out,so I hope someone like Carragher of Liverpool does it in the pre-season friendly.

They should get an honorary citizen award if they succeed.

Rangers have completed the £2m signing of striker Kenny Miller from Derby County.

Miller passed the obligatory medical examination on Friday to clear the final obstacle to the deal.

The 28-year-old has signed a five-year contract with Rangers.

Derby will receive £1.5m immediately and a further £500,000 at the end of the year, If Add-ons are met.

Miller in Rangers colours for the second time

Miller was clearly delighted at having made the move.

"I'm looking forward to getting started in a few weeks. It's a great opportunity, it's a massive club," said Miller.

"I'm not going to kid myself on that I'm going to be straight in - I know I'm going to have to work hard and win over the fans.

"when i do get my chance in a game, I'll hopefully be able to impress the manager and claim a starting place."

Only kidding boys and Girls, Its just a few changes to the same article 8 years ago. But its happening anyways so.

Rangers have completed the £2m signing of striker Kenny Miller from Derby County.

Miller passed the obligatory medical examination on Friday to clear the final obstacle to the deal.

Derby will receive £1.5m immediately and a further �500,000 at the end of the year, If Add-ons are met.

"I'm looking forward to getting started in a few weeks. It's a great opportunity, it's a massive club," said Miller.

"I'm not going to kid myself on that I'm going to be straight in - I know I'm going to have to work hard and win over the fans.

"when i do get my chance in a game, I'll hopefully be able to impress the manager and claim a starting place."

Only kidding boys and Girls, Its just a few changes to the same article 8 years ago. But its happening anyways so.

source? Nothing about it on the officail site yet

Derby will receive £1.5m immediately and a further �500,000 at the end of the year, If Add-ons are met.

*&£%$ *&*£! *&**&%$ Grrrrrrrrrr.

Derby will receive £1.5m immediately and a further ?500,000 at the end of the year, If Add-ons are met.

5 years....ugg

Derby will receive £1.5m immediately and a further ?500,000 at the end of the year, If Add-ons are met.

5 years....ugg

Look at the white text underneath :lol:

5 years....ugg

Look at the white text underneath :lol:

Very clever!! :lol:

he`s in angels in uddingston just now with stephen pearson wee twat ...

come on then you Lanarkshire boys, get in there and get his kneecaps done, and a few jabs to his beak wouldnae go a miss either :bouncy:

he`s in angels in uddingston just now with stephen pearson wee twat ...

His IRA loving scum-bag pal. Wonder how long until we are linked with Pearson? That would be the final straw!

Miller time is high risk

ON THE SPOT: Michael Grant

Comment | Read Comments (39)

PLENTY OF Rangers supporters are up in arms about the idea of Kenny Miller landing on the Ibrox doorstep in the next few days and the reasons for their opposition don't go down among the great mysteries of our time. Miller has been guilty of a lot of missing and a wee bit of kissing, and the Rangers support can't be blamed for not taking that well.

He was an unsuccessful goalscorer for their great rivals and didn't mind pulling the Celtic badge to his lips on the rare occasions when he did manage to find the net for them. Those facts strike at the very essence of football rivalry. The best of luck to anyone who expects him to win popularity contests around Ibrox with baggage like that.

Walter Smith and Ally McCoist will recoil from the open hostility already shown to Miller. Derogatory chanting about him was first heard in a game against Hearts at Ibrox before the January transfer window and it was conspicuous, too, during the Scottish Cup final against Queen of the South.

advertisementIt has been the sort of outpouring that doesn't often happen in football. Supporters do not usually feel so strongly about a proposed signing that they clear their throats to let their management know about it. And nor do clubs normally go for players whose arrival will offend many of their fans.

In pursuing Miller, Smith has shown an unshakeable faith in his own judgement; that he is right and so many others will be proven wrong. He is confident that Scotland's number one international forward will be a grafter and a success for Rangers.

Perhaps he will be, but that doesn't mean supporters must like the idea. The evidence they have on Miller has been amassed over a decade-long career in which he has produced flushes of goals separated by yawning droughts. He has scored big goals in big games, but when there's a one-to-one with the goalkeeper you wouldn't put your mortgage on him. His ratio works out at approximately one goal in every three games although it was significantly lower than that at Celtic.

There were grumbles about Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink scoring only 16 league goals in the title-winning season just finished. But in 2005-06 Miller managed just four - four! - from 20 starts and 31 league appearances in total.

It took him until his ninth competitive appearance to score for Celtic and ironically enough it came against Rangers. For the record he wildly celebrated his goal in that 2-0 win in September, 2006, but did not kiss the badge that day.

There hasn't been this much negativity towards a Rangers signing since Maurice Johnston in 1989 but for all the furore caused by MoJo's unforgettable transfer the one aspect which was never up for debate was his actual ability.

Johnston was a high-class operator who Rangers signed when Celtic wanted him. Whatever attributes appeal to Smith about Miller - notably his pace, movement, energy and work-rate - he is not in Johnston's league as a finisher.

Miller's arrival is a hint that Smith will often go with his unpopular 4-5-1 formation again next season having identified the Derby man as the best equipped forward (within Rangers' budget) to operate as the solitary striker.

That idea doesn't appeal to most fans one little bit, and nor does the idea of nearly £2 million going on Miller when that may turn out to be half of the manager's summer transfer budget. They expected a sprinkling of stardust not a forward they regard as familiar, limited, and a tad too enthusiastic when he was running about in a Celtic shirt.

Miller is the man they are getting, though. As an individual he is likable and no-one can say that he lacks cojones given that he is taking Rangers on in full knowledge of the reception that is waiting for him in his second spell at the club.

He is confronting that, on wages which are lower than his Derby County salary, because he has the unqualified support of Smith and McCoist. The latter will doubtless advise him on how to block out vocal abuse from the terraces given that he briefly endured it himself in his very early days at Ibrox.

All three of them have a lot riding on this transfer. If Miller makes a successful scoring start the criticism will die away, especially if he puts one in the net in the season's first Old Firm game. If his second spell at Rangers begins as slowly as his Celtic one did, and one appearance after another ticks by without a goal, he will be gradually stripped of the very commodity on which his game is based: confidence.

As for the supporters, they have had their say. Booing him when he actually turns out in a Rangers strip will be counter-productive. It is unlikely that they will. They are getting a player many of them don't want; now they must give him a chance to prove them wrong.

So "the SPL computer" could wreck Scotland's World Cup qualifying bid. Boo. Rotten computer.

The software which determines the SPL's fixtures cannot be programmed to prevent an Old Firm derby taking place the weekend after a midweek Scotland match. Everyone seems to agree that this is a very bad thing. This sinister computer might just knacker everything up for George Burley and his boys.

Scotland playing days before an Old Firm game is potentially a problem for one reason only, and it isn't a computer's fault. It is the unspoken recognition that Celtic and Rangers might put themselves first and pull some or all of their players out of the World Cup tie to keep them ready for an Old Firm derby.

Just to clarify, then, who exactly would be doing the actual "wrecking" if it came to that?

Oh, of course. The "computer".

I will be finished with Walter and RFC once and for all if this goes ahead

He decided to keep out our top scorer Boyd and now he is going to kick us in the teeth with this

Im only an individual but Walter you and RFC can go and f-ck yourselves, I will sleep at night no problem but I hope you dont you c-nt