McGregor

bauba30

Allan McGregor has shown this season he is one of the Best Keepers in Britian! One error and the bangwagon gets rolling!

Some of you have very short memories!!

Have a look at these!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdA1orZUIe4

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbH0lRRt3WE

2 game where if it wasnt for McGregor we would have been beaten!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdA1orZUIe4 - 1 decent save when we were already 2-0 up. Caldwell and Jarosik's shots were straight at him and if they had gone in we would've slated him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbH0lRRt3WE - 1 good stop at the end but it was also straight at him and would've been disappointing to see it go in.

You telling me that McGregor isnt as good as David James, Scott Carson, Robert Green?

I don't think so.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't a shot - it was a cross that he could ill-afford to leave.

Unfortunately he couldn't get enough onto his block and because our defenders hadn't tracked their men we lost the goal. I'm happy enough with McGregor's overall contribution and we have much more urgent problems to address.

I agree his overall contribution has been very good but that was another bad error IMO. That (weedy) cross should have been held, or a least deadened, not pushed out. I think he got plenty on it.

At the end of the day he got his angles wrong and saved a shot he had no business even attempting to save. He messed up. period!

But he will be between the sticks this weekend. I just hope he puts that behind him and learns from it

Allan McGregor has shown this season he is one of the Best Keepers in Britian! One error and the bangwagon gets rolling!

Have a look at these!

and

Best keepers in Britain? No offense, but give me a break. It's nice that you've found some examples of his good performances, but I could find just as many examples where he has fucked up and cost us goals. I'm not having a go at him, in my opinion he's a good keeper, but I don't get where all this "one of the best keepers in Britain" crap comes from. It's nonsense.

Ok lets sell McGregor and bring in...............................................??? because we all know that there is an abundance of fantastic goal keepers out there waiting for the chance to sign for Rangers

He was NOT at fault for the first goal he had to get a hand on it because unfortunantly he does not have eyes on the back of his head.

But mabe, just mabe if the 2 defenders had given him a shout or someone had followed the Lyon player in the goal would not have gone in.

just my two bobs worth speaking as a goalie.

:rangers:

Ok lets sell McGregor and bring in...............................................??? because we all know that there is an abundance of fantastic goal keepers out there waiting for the chance to sign for Rangers

He was NOT at fault for the first goal he had to get a hand on it because unfortunantly he does not have eyes on the back of his head.

But mabe, just mabe if the 2 defenders had given him a shout or someone had followed the Lyon player in the goal would not have gone in.

just my two bobs worth speaking as a goalie.

:rangers:

If he takes a sideways glance before the shot comes in he knows there are no Lyon players within 12 yards

its basic keeping folks

Have a look at these!

and

Best keepers in Britain? No offense, but give me a break. It's nice that you've found some examples of his good performances, but I could find just as many examples where he has fucked up and cost us goals. I'm not having a go at him, in my opinion he's a good keeper, but I don't get where all this "one of the best keepers in Britain" crap comes from. It's nonsense.

IMO hes just a s good as Craig Gordon and he gets spouted as being one of the best in Europe!!

If he takes a sideways glance before the shot comes in he knows there are no Lyon players within 12 yards

its basic keeping folks

No way couyld he have done that!!! Did you see the speed the guy was coming in at? And the defenders were BEHIND him not to his side !!!

I had it drummed into me to never take my eye off the ball as soon as it comes in the 18 yard box in that situation, once they are in the box the defenders are the eyes on the back of my head

its basic keeping folks

No way couyld he have done that!!! Did you see the speed the guy was coming in at? And the defenders were BEHIND him not to his side !!!

I had it drummed into me to never take my eye off the ball as soon as it comes in the 18 yard box in that situation, once they are in the box the defenders are the eyes on the back of my head

He had ample time - Im not talking about taking a stroll and drawing a map of the box - a quick glance to size up the situation. Around about the time the player comes into the box. Half a second is all it takes

Whoever told you not to take your eye of the ball is nuts mate - 95 per cent of football is played OFF the ball - if you are not cognisant of that then you are much less of a keeper

its basic keeping folks

He had ample time - Im not talking about taking a stroll and drawing a map of the box - a quick glance to size up the situation. Around about the time the player comes into the box. Half a second is all it takes

Whoever told you not to take your eye of the ball is nuts mate - 95 per cent of football is played OFF the ball - if you are not cognisant of that then you are much less of a keeper

If you need to look at how the play is unfolding when someone is bearing down on goal your in trouble, the time to look is well before this and then its instinct as to were the attacking players will go from there. No coach in the world should tell you to let that ball go across the goal mouth. Angles have nothing to do with the goal and trying to cut the cross out isnt a mistake, spilling it was the a mistake. Unfortunatly just one of many made by the whole team on the night.

its basic keeping folks

Bear is correct on this one, a goalie watches the ball just as a defender is told to keep his eye on the ball when some one is tryinng to dribble past him. A mixture of lack of pace,awareness and anticipation caused the goal and an identical move in the second half almost cost a goal.

The only disappointment for me was he let Benz's shot go through his legs.

I thought he was basically faultless bar that.

I agree with Frankie re: the first goal. AM did all he could. If he'd left it and say Hutton had missed it, we'd be bitching at AM for not making the effort.

He can't win.

They were quite fortunate in that the ball, as it came across took a slight defection which McGregor could only parry. It just so happened that it fell to the feet of the attacker. It could easily have gone to a defender.

I agree with Frankie re: the first goal. AM did all he could. If he'd left it and say Hutton had missed it, we'd be bitching at AM for not making the effort.

He can't win.

If he had left it it would have been a goal kick to Rangers.

Got his angles wrong, wasnt aware of the situation in his box i.e, no Lyon play within 12 yards.

So, angles wrong, basics wrong and an error of judgement.

He messed up

Almost willing to guarantee that if mcGregor was an import he wouldn't be defended so strongly

He can't win.

Got his angles wrong, wasnt aware of the situation in his box i.e, no Lyon play within 12 yards.

He messed up

Almost willing to guarantee that if mcGregor was an import he wouldn't be defended so strongly

That's rot and you know it. If a player makes a mess of something, he gets slaughtered regardless of his nationality. I just don't believe AM did so.

He can't win.

He messed up

If you were not a Rangers fan i would properly let rip here but that is honestly the worst thing i have ever read when someone is talking about football.

You have no idea about how the game is played. As soon as the ball is in thew box it becomes more like 5 a sides and the ball moves quick and you must take instinctive action and no ones instincts are better than a goalkeppers. Some of the saves i made i did not even know i had made them till i stood up.

I think Carroll should be no1 McGregor is second rate!!

Well seen as you are obviously upo at the tarining ground every day why not tell Walter that mister greeting face :harhar:

Well seen as you are obviously upo at the tarining ground every day why not tell Walter that mister greeting face :harhar:

:lol:

Carrol is fucking shocking btw! Hes not good enough to be our second keeper!

He can't win.

He messed up

If you were not a Rangers fan i would properly let rip here but that is honestly the worst thing i have ever read when someone is talking about football.

You have no idea about how the game is played. As soon as the ball is in thew box it becomes more like 5 a sides and the ball moves quick and you must take instinctive action and no ones instincts are better than a goalkeppers. Some of the saves i made i did not even know i had made them till i stood up.

I hear you on the last comment but when the ball is coming into the box you have to know what is around you - if you dont take the half second to realize that there is no risk at the back post then you arent up to snuff as a keeper. The 18 yard box is yours - you own it.

If you look at the move to the first goal from the time the ball enters the box there is approx 2 secs of time before the shot from the angle comes in - more than ample time for a good keeper to size up the situation and work his angles.

His positioning was spot on actually, but his huge error of judgement caused the goal

Mcgregor aint Rangers class he was just at the right place at the right time!

Mate you know aswell as i do that the keeper is the hardest position to cover. It's allrite us all moaning like fuck today and wanting to sell the rest of the team and sack Smith, but some of us, YET AGAIN seem to think we are a better team than we are.

So what goalie out there right now do you think we should go for?

I like the guy and think he is doing a good job and we must remeber he is on a learning curve!

Remember Gormas first season? Hearts rings a bell

He can't win.

He messed up

I hear you on the last comment but when the ball is coming into the box you have to know what is around you - if you dont take the half second to realize that there is no risk at the back post then you arent up to snuff as a keeper. The 18 yard box is yours - you own it.

If you look at the move to the first goal from the time the ball enters the box there is approx 2 secs of time before the shot from the angle comes in - more than ample time for a good keeper to size up the situation and work his angles.

His positioning was spot on actually, but his huge error of judgement caused the goal

You were watching a different game to me then.

remeber, the keeper is the last line of defence, the problem started before he did what he did.

Mcgregor aint Rangers class he was just at the right place at the right time!

Mate you know aswell as i do that the keeper is the hardest position to cover. It's allrite us all moaning like fuck today and wanting to sell the rest of the team and sack Smith, but some of us, YET AGAIN seem to think we are a better team than we are.

So what goalie out there right now do you think we should go for?

I like the guy and think he is doing a good job and we must remeber he is on a learning curve!

Remember Gormas first season? Hearts rings a bell

Thats the point Bear there is no funds to buy a new Goalkeeper,Defenders,Midfielder,strikers thats why i said right place at the right time!

That game last night was about... Extra money for new players and rangers making a profit, but as i said last night i cant see us signing nobody with that extra quality that we need now, it will be SPL players all the way now