We Are The Rangers - Not St Mirren

BargeddieBear

Ibrox has always had problems with water, being so close to the river.

There's been tons done over the years, but it still often cuts up, as anybody at the DU game saw.

But the staff do their best, do very well I suspect, it's a long time since a game's been postponed because of weather, 1970s I would think.

Cologne in the EC maybe but that was snow/ fan safety at issue is the last game I can think of, no doubt the stattos will now point out how shite my memory is....

There's been tons done over the years, but it still often cuts up, as anybody at the DU game saw.

But the staff do their best, do very well I suspect, it's a long time since a game's been postponed because of weather, 1970s I would think.

Cologne in the EC maybe but that was snow/ fan safety at issue is the last game I can think of, no doubt the stattos will now point out how shite my memory is....

manti did we not have a game against aberdeen called off in january 19-93, i think it was a late call off about 2.20 it got called of something to do with burst pipes, i might be wrong.

It's a fair point, also the water table must be pretty high by now with all the rain we've had. Perhaps the only solution that will really work for Ibrox is a retractable roof ... over to you Mr M :)

manti did we not have a game against aberdeen called off in january 19-93, i think it was a late call off about 2.20 it got called of something to do with burst pipes, i might be wrong.

Was going to say '92 but not sure about it.

Could be mate, I don't remember that.

If so it's 15 years since one was postponed, not that bad....

OK so because my name is Michael im immediately an IRA loving unwashed taig who loves the craic??? fuck off i was only making the point that our pitch should be able to handle bad weather, and even if it was near unplayable we would have ratled them anyway instead of even more fixture pile up.

bazza you could be right i am not sure that game kept coming into my head and i could be wrong. (tu)

bazza you could be right i am not sure that game kept coming into my head and i could be wrong. (tu)

I wouldn't bet my mortgage on it Minstral. We know it was around about then though :D

OK so because my name is Michael im immediately an IRA loving unwashed taig who loves the craic??? fuck off i was only making the point that our pitch should be able to handle bad weather, and even if it was near unplayable we would have ratled them anyway instead of even more fixture pile up.

Fuck you talking about? the rain last night was relentless and didn't stop all night. No way could it be played players will have got injured

Fuck you talking about? the rain last night was relentless and didn't stop all night. No way could it be played players will have got injured

Right mate so what you're saying that you want the papes to have an adavantage going into the Old Firm?? <cr>

Right mate so what you're saying that you want the papes to have an adavantage going into the Old Firm?? <cr>

WTF are you on about :rolleyes:

Where do you get that one from you clown? They have an advantage anyway-playing at home and with certain plyers back that were suspended for the 2nd Jan game.

The fact remains that it has rained constantly in December and January and we should have rain covers to protect the pitch.

Everyone knew the forecast was to piss down Saturday night and all day Sunday so,and maybe it's a revolutionary idea,COVER THE FUCKIN PITCH.

Just my opinion but hey i'm no landscape gardener.