Nicolas Fauvergue

Davy

Reports in France today claimed that Daniel Cousin would be allowed to leave before the end of the month with Fulham and Wigan battling to sign him.

Smith has said there have been no formal approaches for Cousin, but it appears that the Gabonese striker's future at Ibrox is still very much in doubt.

The same reports also claimed that Rangers are tracking towering Lille striker Nicolas Fauvergue.

The 23-year-old 6ft 4in hitman has struggled for form this season, but has a decent pedigree in Ligue One.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...s_to_middle.php

Arsene Wenger has been keeping an eye on him.

Saison Club Matches Buts

2002/2003 Lille Ligue 1 0 0

2003/2004 Lille Ligue 1 01/07/2003

12/10/2003 1 0

2003/2004 Lille Ligue 1 13/10/2003

30/06/2004 1 0

2004/2005 Lille Ligue 1 5 1

2005/2006 Lille Ligue 1 18 2

2006/2007 Lille Ligue 1 28 4

2007/2008 Lille Ligue 1 12 2

Arsene Wenger has been keeping an eye on him.

That can't be bad.

A few being critical of his goal scoring record, but bear in mind that he has come through the youth ranks, so a lot, if not most, of his appearances would be from the bench.

I think Murray and the club have a lot of connections in France, this isnt a recent development us going for French based players.

Eg, Boli, Rodriguez, Hemdani, Boumsong, Cousin, Darcheville, Guivarch (I think we were interested before he went to Newcastle as well, so thats why i'm including him here) Charbonnier, we wanted Faubert, etc.

If we are interested and have been watching him, I wonder if they have noticed Jean Makoun and the Belgian Eden Hazard? I'd love both at Ibrox, Hazard is going to be something special and is what we need in midfield!

Never heard of this bloke, but a lot of it would do if Cousin were to leave, otherwise why bother going for anyone else. Apart from that I don't think Cousin will leave in the January transfer window, he might in the summer, but remember he can leave as a Champion instead of going to some team like Fulham or Bolton who are fighting relegation. Well Fulham are, not sure where Bolton are in the EPL.

Read a report, think it might be the same one in the times that we are possibly going to be looking at another midfielder as KT looks like being out for 6 weeks.

Fauverge, 23, has emerged as a candidate to replace Daniel Cousin at Rangers.

Cousin has taken advantage of a clause in his contract to talk with Fulham after they lodged a £3million offer.

Now Walter Smith could be forced into the transfer market for a new target-man and he could make another move on the French market.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_3071848,00.html

Fauverge, 23, has emerged as a candidate to replace Daniel Cousin at Rangers.

Cousin has taken advantage of a clause in his contract to talk with Fulham after they lodged a £3million offer.

Now Walter Smith could be forced into the transfer market for a new target-man and he could make another move on the French market.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_3071848,00.html

They have probably read that from here :)