Kris Boyd: Hutton Deserves Spurs

RANGERS striker Kris Boyd believes Alan Hutton will deserve his big-money move to Tottenham if the deal goes through before Thursday's transfer deadline.

The right-back was reportedly flying back to London today to undergo a medical with Tottenham, with a view to completing the £9million transfer.

Hutton, 23, has been one of the big successes for Rangers in the past year, improving his game considerably under manager Walter Smith.

Boyd said: "The progress he has made in the last year, with Rangers and Scotland, has been phenomenal. If anyone deserves a move like this it's him."

And Boyd believes his Rangers team-mate will have put plenty of thought into the move.

Hutton had indicated he wanted to stay at Ibrox earlier this month, but the appeal of the Barclays Premier League looks to have led him to London.

"The last thing that any player wants is to end his career with regrets," said Boyd.

"You don't want to finish up and think to yourself 'I wish I did this', or 'I wish I did that'.

"Maybe that's why Alan has now reconsidered his options."

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/footbal...86908-20302476/

Why are people calling this his big move! we are a bigger club than spurs... we get champions league football most seasons..they don't!

totally with ya, this statement by boyd totally under values Rangers, even if thats not his intention.

but on the other hand i think boyd is thinking about the wage increase when he is making this statement. Meh i dunno im sick of the whole f**kin thing now, I just wanna know is Hutton in or out?

Have to agree with Craigee. I dunno why Boyd is saying this bollox. Maybe his comments were purely based on the potential rise of his weekly wage and the fact he'll be playing in the EPL. As every other aspect of the move is a huge step down for me.

This is officially the most idiotic quote I can remember from any Rangers employee for a long time.

Probably since Bonnisel (sp?)

Maybe even longer... What a daft... doh

This is getting on my nerves now... I just want to plead with the guy to tell Spurs to GTF <_<

You could look at it as a rebuild by Spurs as no matter what any of you think they ARE a big club and potentialy HUGE, there is things happening at WHL right now, why would Woodgate go there when someone like him has the pick of virtualy any club in the World???

They may not be anything special right now but they are building towards big things. Spurs have had a shit backdoor for year so with Hutton, King and Woodgate there thats up there with the best defences out there.

You could look at it as a rebuild by Spurs as no matter what any of you think they ARE a big club and potentialy HUGE, there is things happening at WHL right now, why would Woodgate go there when someone like him has the pick of virtualy any club in the World???

They may not be anything special right now but they are building towards big things. Spurs have had a shit backdoor for year so with Hutton, King and Woodgate there thats up there with the best defences out there.

I argee with that!

BUT...No Rangers player should come out and say he deserves to leave! :angry2:

Much as i don't agree with Boyd, he is just saying what pretty much every ex footballer journo is saying, to be amitious you go to the EPL. Over-rated granted but the hype overcomes the truth and most English teams now see themselves are bigger fish than us, purely because of the money on offer. Human nature.

I argee with that!

I agree but Boyd will say he's been misquoted, and probably was to be fair.

he will hace said summit like "good luck to him" and then the jorno will have twisted it, and un;less anyone can give me film of him saying it you wont change my mind.

Much as i don't agree with Boyd, he is just saying what pretty much every ex footballer journo is saying, to be amitious you go to the EPL. Over-rated granted but the hype overcomes the truth and most English teams now see themselves are bigger fish than us, purely because of the money on offer. Human nature.

I agree in principle with what you're saying, but it's just not something a team mate should ever utter. Ever.

I argee with that!

he will hace said summit like "good luck to him" and then the jorno will have twisted it, and un;less anyone can give me film of him saying it you wont change my mind.

I'm not sure how this one could be twisted. But I'm willing to retract my criticism if Boyd denies it. Sadly few were willing to do the same when Cousin did the same thing a month or so ago.

Of course, then you have the viewpoint of some one who's been there, done that, and realised that the EPL is not the Promised Land that everyone (at least down South) makes it out to be. Surely the voice of our Captain counts for something, Kris? Then again, the voice of reason often goes un-heeded. If Alan wants to stay, then God Bless him forever. If he wants to give up on Rangers FC just to pad his Bank account, then he doesn't belong here isn the first place. This club and its followers have always placed a high value on LOYALTY.

I argee with that!

I'm not sure how this one could be twisted. But I'm willing to retract my criticism if Boyd denies it. Sadly few were willing to do the same when Cousin did the same thing a month or so ago.

100% Spot on (tu)

Of course, then you have the viewpoint of some one who's been there, done that, and realised that the EPL is not the Promised Land that everyone (at least down South) makes it out to be. Surely the voice of our Captain counts for something, Kris? Then again, the voice of reason often goes un-heeded. If Alan wants to stay, then God Bless him forever. If he wants to give up on Rangers FC just to pad his Bank account, then he doesn't belong here isn the first place. This club and its followers have always placed a high value on LOYALTY.

In our hearts, yes, in our heads, no.

Brutal reality is that money talks, and when those pounds signs get flashed at you, it's hard to resist being seduced. Especially when they get bigger.

Hutton will always be a Rangers fan, and I am really disappointed that he seems to be leaving, but it seems to be a combination of money and pressure causing it.

And him being so young, he may well make a bad judgement.

Why are people calling this his big move! we are a bigger club than spurs... we get champions league football most seasons..they don't!

I would guess because it is in a big league. Although Spurs wont be challenging for honours, if Hutton can play regularly in the first team in a superior league to ours, then bigger teams will look at more and he can move on again.

Spurs ARE challenging for Honurs, they are in a cup final people and in the UEFA cup.

As i said this is the start of big things for Spurs and i think there may be some big investor sitting in the wings that the public don't know about. Just because they aint done anything for a while does'nt mean it is gonna stay that way. Look at Chelsea, it took time to get where they are, this is probably what's happening at Spurs right now.

From a football fans point of view i find it intresting to watch and will be looking at what happens at WHL as it could be the time for them to step up and challange the big guys, they are certainaly making the rite noises at the moment.

they made the biggest fuck up ever knocking back Abramovich though

In our hearts, yes, in our heads, no.

Brutal reality is that money talks, and when those pounds signs get flashed at you, it's hard to resist being seduced. Especially when they get bigger.

Hutton will always be a Rangers fan, and I am really disappointed that he seems to be leaving, but it seems to be a combination of money and pressure causing it.

And him being so young, he may well make a bad judgement.

Sad but true. Perhaps he should re-read the New Testament before making his final decision - it's an old familiar lesson, the one about the 30 pieces of silver. Money does not buy happiness.

Very misleading title (td)

No really <_< Daily Record Title i may point out! Not mine :lol:

Boyd said: "The progress he has made in the last year, with Rangers and Scotland, has been phenomenal. If anyone deserves a move like this it's him."

"The last thing that any player wants is to end his career with regrets," said Boyd.

"You don't want to finish up and think to yourself 'I wish I did this', or 'I wish I did that'.

"Maybe that's why Alan has now reconsidered his options."

He's saying he deserves a move to the EPL based on form not on how big Spurs are as a club.