***The Alan Hutton Thread***

gemzgers

Hutton On His Way To Spurs

ALAN HUTTON is set to become Scotland's most expensive player as he closes in on moving to Tottenham Hotspur today.

The Rangers full back has been chased by the London side all of this month and now they have got their man.

Alan HuttonIt is understood that the transfer fee could top the £9million Sunderland paid to Hearts for Craig Gordon, which is the current Scottish transfer fee record.

Rangers' previous transfer record was £8.5m when Giovanni van Bronckhorst moved to Arsenal in the summer of 2001.

Rangers agreed a fee with Tottenham at the beginning of January but the 23-year-old intially turned down the chance to join Juande Ramos's side.

However, Spurs persisted in their overtures and following further discussions with the hugely talented Scotland star an agreement was reached. Once the formalities are completed, the deal will be done later today.

Hutton cleared out his locker at Murray Park and said farewell to his Rangers team mates, wishing them every success in their chase for the Championship.

Now Alan could be handed a fantastic debut against Manchester United on Saturday at White Hart Lane and has the Carling Cup Final to look forward to on February 24 when Spurs face Chelsea at Wembley.

MORE ON THIS STORY AS IT DEVELOPS

Rangers site

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted. Appaling timing. I think this could effect the outcome of the league. Good luck Alan. But we are gona be a far poorer side going into the most crucial stage of the season, while the mhanks appear to be building a stronger side. Negligence springs to mind.

I'm personally not on to "wish him all the best" and "thanks for everything"

One year of good form, and he runs off at first chance....hardly a bear through and through.....

Probably a fair bit of prompting has been involved......money talks.....a worrying trend for all concerned at RFC .

£9m for a right back, now the most expensive outfierld player from Scotland.

We are a MASSIVE club but in a very poor league and i cannot blame Hutton for wanting to try the challenge of the EPL.

As for those who are Murray bashing, i doubt that ANY chairman in the SPL would knock back that kind of money for a player who, less than a year ago, we would have punted for £1m.

One player does not make a team, with the £££'s we get hopefully we can now strenthen out team in a number of positions ... not just one or two.

I'm a bit gutted too - we look stronger whenever he's in the team - he's played as well as anyone in the team this season - and he's a fan/plays for the jersey etc. He's gonna be missed.

But, I understand why he had to go at that kind of money - Walter took us from nowhere to league top on a budget of £9 million or so - now we have recouped that with one transfer.

But football wise - leaving the finances aside for a moment - we have lost two important first team regulars in Cousin and Hutton and we have yet to sign anybody.

I just hope Walter gets some cash to spend or no mistake our squad will be weaker than it was going into this transfer window.

Anyway: Alan Hutton, I wish you well and thank you for your consistently honest shifts in a Rangers shirt.

Good luck with your move to Spurs - Ramos will be good to work for I'm sure - and good luck with your family/home etc with the newborn etc.

And if it doesn't work out - haste ye back - you'll always be welcome.

Thanks Alan - God Bless.

WATP.

Absolutely f*cking raging. Could have got more for him in the summer but that greedy f*ck we have to call chairman doesn't give a sh*t. Would have been easy to convince him to stay but obviously that isn't in Murray's best interests.

Can you imagine Whittaker bullying McGeady like Hutton does every old firm game?

We sell our best player midway through the season and our 2nd top scorer while Celtic have strengthened.

What the f*ck is going on!? :angry2:

Rant Over :D.

worst day for a while, hutts is off, samaris gets poached by them and szamatoulski wont sign, FFS,

might as well just get the heads down and prepare for the rest of the season with what we've got :rolleyes:

kind of happy szamatoulski isnt coming but its gutting losing big Hutton he was imense for us