***The Official Rangers v Hibs Thread***

Muff

And for those interested

HIBS: Ma Kalamby; Canning, Hogg, Jones, Zarabi; Morais, Murray, Chishilm; Rankin; Nish, Fletcher.

SUBS: McNeil, McCann, Zemmama, Benjelloun, O'Brien, Stevenson, Shiels.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walter has again gone for strength over flair.

There is no-one there to create chances from either wing.

We have no winger unless Davis goes wide on the right.

I suppose the idea is that Davis and Ferguson burst forward to support LM and JCD?

Frankly I do NOT like this team.

If you replace LM with K Boyd the team is SO much better.

Come on Rangers! let's get the win we so need to keep our title push going today!

I doubt it is going to be a pretty or classic game, from the teams it appears to me to be another war of attrition, but if that's what we need to do, so be it, we cannot afford another performance like Partick or 1st half of last weeks cup final. Come on rangers!!! :rangers:

I suppose the idea is that Davis and Ferguson burst forward to support LM and JCD?

I presume JCD will be in the lone striker role, so that would mean Boyd playing left-wing? <cr> Probably the only role where Boyd could be worse than he is on his own up front? But I think you mean Boyd and JCD in a 4-4-2 set-up nvager, and the chances of Walter choosing that formation are pretty slim! :unsure:

I wouldn't have Thomson in the team today, cuz I'd rather see a natural wide-man playing. And Burke is the only real winger we have. Maybe Novo at a push?

I do agree todays side seems to have no real flair or inventiveness, but that's been the story for much of the season and we've coped. Anti-football rules it seems. :angry2:

I presume JCD will be in the lone striker role, so that would mean Boyd playing left-wing? <cr> Probably the only role where Boyd could be worse than he is on his own up front? But I think you mean Boyd and JCD in a 4-4-2 set-up nvager, and the chances of Walter choosing that formation are pretty slim! :unsure:

I wouldn't have Thomson in the team today, cuz I'd rather see a natural wide-man playing. And Burke is the only real winger we have. Maybe Novo at a push?

I do agree todays side seems to have no real flair or inventiveness, but that's been the story for much of the season and we've coped. Anti-football rules it seems. :angry2:

4 4 2 defo!!

Need goals from somewhere!!

Can't make the game today unfortunately because of work :( One of my mates is getting to enjoy the Ibrox experience in my place at least !

Very content with that side. We have crap options out wide. Novo best off the bench, Naismith has been very poor, Burke poor, Adam awful........so why play any of them ?

I have confidence that Davis can do a better job there than any of our other more 'natural' wide players. On the left, McCulloch will at least offer us that option to hit it high and long, and lets be honest, we could do with that option (and I emphasise option as opposed to game plan) without Cousin in the side.

Hibs are a very decent side, so I'm happy with the system. Glad to see Thommo back in, and along with Dailly we should be winning the 50/50's more often than most, allowing Barry to play.

Big game for Darcheville. With Cousin out, he's key against Celtic next week. Lacked spark for weeks and months now, so I'd love to see him put in a strong performance today.

And lastly, Whittaker out, Papac back in........good stuff, Walter. Same again next weekend.