An interesting wee thread....

ulsterbear91

I'm sure we can all remember the first Rangers match we went to, it's an experience you never forget. For me it was against Dundee Utd at Ibrox during the league 3 seasons ago I believe, when big Eck was still there. We drew 1-1 that day, mostly due to the keeper giving the same free kick twice, Klos saved the first shot with a great save but unfortunately the jammy timewasting tangerines equalised. Novo scored the first goal I saw live, another thing I remember is big Dado having a goal disallowed for being offside I believe.

So, what was your first game, who scored the first goal and what was the final score :D

1974 or 1975, cant be sure. I was young and cant remember much of it. I didnt see much of the game, except when my dad lifted me up to have a look. I was mostly straining to see the pitch but I was too small on the terraces.

I remember the smell of whisky most from that day. Rangers won, I know that. I would ask my dad about it more now, but I cant.

Doug Barron's testimonial.

St Johnstone v Rangers at Muirton Park in Perth. I can't remeber much of the game - think it was something liek a 3-3 draw. I just remember having no voice for like 2 days afterwards!!

16 yrs old. Live in Canada and went to Scotland on my own for the first time. Rangers v Steau Bucharest at Ibrox in March 1986. We were down 1-0 and a prick by the name of Lacatus scored after 5 minutes which meant we needed 3 or 4 I think. We completely dominated the game after that and should have honestly scored about 7. Wee Durranty and Coisty scored for us I think. I was in the Broomlon Rd end.. memories... then followed that up with going to the Old Firm three days later. Andy Walker had a corner kick ricochet off his chest and we lost 1-0... Ill never forget the atmosphere

I seen Rangers vs Kilmarnock at Ibrox, we got beat 2-1 with a last minute goal.

Ill never forget stepping up the stairs and looking out onto the park, I was in awe.

When the teams came out onto the park I nearly shat myself as well with the wall of noise.

I still get the same goosebumps :rangers:

Ill never forget stepping up the stairs and looking out onto the park, I was in awe.

When the teams came out onto the park I nearly shat myself as well with the wall of noise.

Was that about 10-11 years ago?

If it was the same game, I remember booting the wall of Ibrox after leaving and having to hobble a mile back to the car doh

Can remember we beat Dunfermline at East End Park aroud 1959-1960. I can't remember the score but can remember telling all my pals about the game. By 1961 I was a regular at Ibrox with my dad.

If it was the same game, I remember booting the wall of Ibrox after leaving and having to hobble a mile back to the car doh

I was in Primary School so it would have been roughly 15 years ago?

God im getting old :ph34r:

Ah different game - glad to say I'm not THAT old :lol:

Ah different game - glad to say I'm not THAT old :lol:

:harhar:

January 87, Clydebank at Ibrox, 5-0, Fleck scored 2, McCoist scored a hat trick.

I was 7 and actually remember it well, I was in the enclosure right down the front at the wall. I remember it cos the Clydebank Goalie top was green zig zags and I said to my Dad it looked like snotters.