Success for Scotland or Rangers?

rangers or scotland?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer, rangers winning the champions league or Scotland winning the world cup?

• Rangers Champions of europe.
    • Scotland champions of the world!
    • Both the same - Fence sitter!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I chose Scotland in the poll, mostly because I knew most would pick the club first.

I follow both with the same passion and desire. Either winning a major trophy would give me unbelievable joy. It's basically a question that equates to which do you prefer living or breathing. One is part of the other and both are equally precious. Though it's perhaps a sign of peoples thought processes that they choose one over the other.

One thing some of the people on here seem to fail to realise, or perhaps they just know more about 'Ulsta' than the Rangers. Our club was founded by men that were proud to represent their country. Men who wore both the royal blue of Rangers and the navy blue of Scotland. The McNeil brothers, Peter Campbell and Tom Vallance were all capped for their country, and were clearly both proud to be Bears and Scots - something that a lot of people on here seem to think of as an anti Rangers thing - but that's perhaps more a reflection on their lack of knowledge than anything else.

To me, anyone who chooses their nations football success over their clubs success is not a real fan. They support their national team first and have a liking towards Rangers.

Those who choose Rangers are real fans. They support their club first and maybe also want their national team to do well.

Nothing wrong with being in either camp IMHO. I fall into the second and have no hesitation in saying that what Scotland do has no bearing on my life or my feelings. I can barely bring myself to watch Scotland playing football. This is probably because I was born and brought up abroad.

So there you have it. If you argue that wanting your national team to succeed before your club team when given the choice, you cannot possibly say you are a True Supporter of your club because you are not. If you were a true supporter you would want the best outcome for the club FIRST and FOREMOST.

What you are is a true supporter of your national team.

Imo, theres a 3rd camp where the two cannot be seperated! And never have to be!

Agreed. But in answering the question put to us in the thread poll, there is not a third camp ;-)

Rangers First, Last and Always for me.

if they werent injured and george burley selects them then yes of course they should play. but there is a time to prioritise between the 2 - scotland got priority before the italy game and now rangers are getting priority before the old firm game.
I wouldn't give Scotland the priority ever if Rangers had a game that mattered.

I chose Scotland in the poll, mostly because I knew most would pick the club first.

I follow both with the same passion and desire. Either winning a major trophy would give me unbelievable joy. It's basically a question that equates to which do you prefer living or breathing. One is part of the other and both are equally precious. Though it's perhaps a sign of peoples thought processes that they choose one over the other.

One thing some of the people on here seem to fail to realise, or perhaps they just know more about 'Ulsta' than the Rangers. Our club was founded by men that were proud to represent their country. Men who wore both the royal blue of Rangers and the navy blue of Scotland. The McNeil brothers, Peter Campbell and Tom Vallance were all capped for their country, and were clearly both proud to be Bears and Scots - something that a lot of people on here seem to think of as an anti Rangers thing - but that's perhaps more a reflection on their lack of knowledge than anything else.

I chose Rangers. And you wouldnt catch me wearing Tartan, tartanTeddy :pipe:

thats coz you're a plastic englishman :craphead:

has he been taking tips off of :del juve: the best plastic tally ever :craphead:

if you love the club then there is no 3rd camp and put all the spin you like on it. :rolleyes:

Why cant you love club and country?

you can kev i am not on about that, what i am saying is rangers come before country and the choice was success for rangers or scotland, and it has got to be your club.

if you love the club then there is no 3rd camp and put all the spin you like on it. :rolleyes:

you can kev i am not on about that, what i am saying is rangers come before country and the choice was success for rangers or scotland, and it has got to be your club.

in your opinion it has to be your club, but we dont all share the same opinions, so there should be no problem with those who would rather see scotland win the world cup than rangers win the champions league and vice versa.

Thats fair enough. But you're saying there is no 3rd camp. I'm telling you now, i cant decide between rangers and scotland so there is a 3rd camp and my tent is well and truely pitched.

So if it came to the crunch you really couldn't choose which team you would rather see successful?

Sheesh! I couldn't picture being in that position...

But... it's your right to feel and support whoever you want however you want to so keep doing what makes you happy ;-)

I know a few Rangers fans who support England but not Scotland, fuckin annoys me..

anyone who supports another country but not their own annoys me.

exactly, but i am yet to meet one of these english supporting scotsmen, even though timmy insists that's all of us

Rangers should never of agreed to postpone their game just for the sake of Scotland.

i actually agree with that, there was no need to postpone a game a week before another. just like rangers shouldnt have postponed the gretna game before the lyon game(i know that didnt have anything to do with scotland but it still shouldnt have been postponed).

I know a few Rangers fans who support England but not Scotland, fuckin annoys me..

exactly, but i am yet to meet one of these english supporting scotsmen, even though timmy insists that's all of us

i dont know anyone who is scottish but only supports england. there are rangers fans who support both(maybe even slightly leaning more in favour of engerland).

I know a guy who supports England and is a Scotsman.

He is Celtic fan though so that explains a few things.

And he goes to more games at Anfield than he does at Parkhead.

In fact, the guy is a wingnut.

I know a guy who supports England and is a Scotsman.

He is Celtic fan though so that explains a few things.

And he goes to more games at Anfield than he does at Parkhead.

In fact, the guy is a wingnut.

Is this guy Alan Hanson?

has to be :lol:

Fence sitting option has been added to the poll :pipe:

ya bastard! Ive just voted before that was added! Voted scotland because the numbers were so low

Use your magic mod powers and take one off scotland and add one to fence sitting

as if by magic...

Rangers every single time , without any hesitation :rangers:

IMO , you can only be a supporter of one team , for me that is Rangers , for others it could be Scotland, and that is fine but these people (who prefer Scotland) should not call themselves Supporters of Rangers , they may be fans but a Supporter is someone who (if possible) goes to every game they get the chance , supports the club through thick and thin and , above all else, loves the club and would do almost anything for it. In a supporters mind , Rangers is number one over everything else (family excluded). A fan is merely someone who , would maybe like to go to a game , but at the end of the day Rangers is not number one. It could be Scotland , or it could just be that they don't feel the love and passion for the club that Supporters do.

These are the differences between fans and Supporters , and i think the real question here is , are you a fan or a Supporter ?

:rangers:

IMO , you can only be a supporter of one team , for me that is Rangers , for others it could be Scotland, and that is fine but these people (who prefer Scotland) should not call themselves Supporters of Rangers , they may be fans but a Supporter is someone who (if possible) goes to every game they get the chance , supports the club through thick and thin and , above all else, loves the club and would do almost anything for it. In a supporters mind , Rangers is number one over everything else (family excluded). A fan is merely someone who , would maybe like to go to a game , but at the end of the day Rangers is not number one. It could be Scotland , or it could just be that they don't feel the love and passion for the club that Supporters do.

These are the differences between fans and Supporters , and i think the real question here is , are you a fan or a Supporter ?

imo thats pish, but hey.

For me club football and international football are different things. I support a club = Rangers. I support a nation = scotland.

but kev that is not the question its what you prefer scotland world cup or rangers champions league.

imo thats pish, but hey.

For me club football and international football are different things. I support a club = Rangers. I support a nation = scotland.

(tu)

How the hell can you not support both a club and national team ?

That's just stupid talk. I personally put Rangers first but I do support Scotland and am very proud of that.

Please explain to me sir how supporting Scotland makes you any less of a Gers' fan ?

How the hell can you not support both a club and national team ?

That's just stupid talk. I personally put Rangers first but I do support Scotland and am very proud of that.

Please explain to me sir how supporting Scotland makes you any less of a Gers' fan ?

nobody is saying that. the suggestion is that rangers should come first, kev is defending his right to place both on an equal footing