Success for Scotland or Rangers?

rangers or scotland?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer, rangers winning the champions league or Scotland winning the world cup?

• Rangers Champions of europe.
    • Scotland champions of the world!
    • Both the same - Fence sitter!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its quite interesting to see what the olfd firm supporters preferences are compared to other scottish team's supporters!

You're daein polls already and you've only got 8 posts ? Piss off ! :sherlock:

Chill BD, no call for that man.

Saw right Coops I'm chilled just thought it a strange subject to be brought up by one so young ? :sherlock: So basically my cards are on the table a widnae trust him as faur as a could throw him ! ;):sherlock:

To those who have answered Scotland

first.giffirst.giffirst.gif

does it really matter?

In a week where players have the choice of appearing for their national team or not, then yes it does.

No football team is more important to me. You may have a different view, which is your perogative....

A win on Saturday or a world cup win for Scotland? I'd choose Saturday.

but its not as if scotland and rangers play at the same time, you can support both and players can play for their clubs and countries in the same week.

good for you, pick rangers over scotland, nobody ever said there was anything wrong with that? but dont question whether or not people are true bears just because they pick their country, that's a load of shite.

(tu)

I chose Scotland in the poll, mostly because I knew most would pick the club first.

I follow both with the same passion and desire. Either winning a major trophy would give me unbelievable joy. It's basically a question that equates to which do you prefer living or breathing. One is part of the other and both are equally precious. Though it's perhaps a sign of peoples thought processes that they choose one over the other.

One thing some of the people on here seem to fail to realise, or perhaps they just know more about 'Ulsta' than the Rangers. Our club was founded by men that were proud to represent their country. Men who wore both the royal blue of Rangers and the navy blue of Scotland. The McNeil brothers, Peter Campbell and Tom Vallance were all capped for their country, and were clearly both proud to be Bears and Scots - something that a lot of people on here seem to think of as an anti Rangers thing - but that's perhaps more a reflection on their lack of knowledge than anything else.

does it really matter?

In a week where players have the choice of appearing for their national team or not, then yes it does.

No football team is more important to me. You may have a different view, which is your perogative....

but its not as if scotland and rangers play at the same time, you can support both and players can play for their clubs and countries in the same week.

good for you, pick rangers over scotland, nobody ever said there was anything wrong with that? but dont question whether or not people are true bears just because they pick their country, that's a load of shite.

So you think all of the Rangers players should be playing for Scotland this week?

We'll need to agree to disagree on this one.

I wonder how many people in here support England :rolleyes:

I certainly don't, other home nations (apart from Scotland) don't mean that much to me even though I take a little interest in each of them.

I chose Scotland in the poll, mostly because I knew most would pick the club first.

I follow both with the same passion and desire. Either winning a major trophy would give me unbelievable joy. It's basically a question that equates to which do you prefer living or breathing. One is part of the other and both are equally precious. Though it's perhaps a sign of peoples thought processes that they choose one over the other.

One thing some of the people on here seem to fail to realise, or perhaps they just know more about 'Ulsta' than the Rangers. Our club was founded by men that were proud to represent their country. Men who wore both the royal blue of Rangers and the navy blue of Scotland. The McNeil brothers, Peter Campbell and Tom Vallance were all capped for their country, and were clearly both proud to be Bears and Scots - something that a lot of people on here seem to think of as an anti Rangers thing - but that's perhaps more a reflection on their lack of knowledge than anything else.

(tu)

I certainly don't, other home nations (apart from Scotland) don't mean that much to me even though I take a little interest in each of them.

I knew you were a proud Brit at heart Roberto....

I think its quite interesting to see what the olfd firm supporters preferences are compared to other scottish team's supporters!

You're daein polls already and you've only got 8 posts ? Piss off ! :sherlock:

Chill BD, no call for that man.

Saw right Coops I'm chilled just thought it a strange subject to be brought up by one so young ? :sherlock: So basically my cards are on the table a widnae trust him as faur as a could throw him ! ;):sherlock:

Its a thread BD, like any other. Every member can start a poll if they wish, its no big deal. I know we have lurkers, but they show themselves easily and we deal with them. No worries man :beer2:

does it really matter?

So you think all of the Rangers players should be playing for Scotland this week?

We'll need to agree to disagree on this one.

if they werent injured and george burley selects them then yes of course they should play. but there is a time to prioritise between the 2 - scotland got priority before the italy game and now rangers are getting priority before the old firm game.

To me, anyone who chooses their nations football success over their clubs success is not a real fan. They support their national team first and have a liking towards Rangers.

Those who choose Rangers are real fans. They support their club first and maybe also want their national team to do well.

Nothing wrong with being in either camp IMHO. I fall into the second and have no hesitation in saying that what Scotland do has no bearing on my life or my feelings. I can barely bring myself to watch Scotland playing football. This is probably because I was born and brought up abroad.

So there you have it. If you argue that wanting your national team to succeed before your club team when given the choice, you cannot possibly say you are a True Supporter of your club because you are not. If you were a true supporter you would want the best outcome for the club FIRST and FOREMOST.

What you are is a true supporter of your national team.

I knew you were a proud Brit at heart Roberto....

Just a little I said :harhar:

I chose Rangers. And you wouldnt catch me wearing Tartan, tartanTeddy :pipe:

i couldnt care about other home nations either.

anyone who picks scotland should not be on a rangers forum, the tartan tranny forum is the place for you guys. :rangers:

is that because you cant support your club and your country? doh

rangers are the only club that i love, and if you love the club then rangers come first. <_<

To me, anyone who chooses their nations football success over their clubs success is not a real fan. They support their national team first and have a liking towards Rangers.

Those who choose Rangers are real fans. They support their club first and maybe also want their national team to do well.

Nothing wrong with being in either camp IMHO. I fall into the second and have no hesitation in saying that what Scotland do has no bearing on my life or my feelings. I can barely bring myself to watch Scotland playing football. This is probably because I was born and brought up abroad.

So there you have it. If you argue that wanting your national team to succeed before your club team when given the choice, you cannot possibly say you are a True Supporter of your club because you are not. If you were a true supporter you would want the best outcome for the club FIRST and FOREMOST.

What you are is a true supporter of your national team.

Imo, theres a 3rd camp where the two cannot be seperated! And never have to be!

(tu)

I chose Rangers. And you wouldnt catch me wearing Tartan, tartanTeddy :pipe:

thats coz you're a plastic englishman :craphead:

:craphead:

You can be proud to be Scottish and a Bear, but it doesn't mean you can't favour one of the other, and it has nothing to do with "ulsta". Talk about putting words in people's mouths. :rolleyes:

I'm proud to be Scot. I've been to Wembley to see us play on more than one occasion. I was in Cardiff the night Stein died. i would love us to quallify for the world cup, never mind win it, but it still doesn't compare to success for Rangers.

But hey, perhaps it's due to my lack of knowledge. :rolleyes: