Who should Rangers sign in the summer?

Hughesy92

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quality players.

Need a RB, LB, LMF, CH and another striker.

Prob sell/boot hemdani, buffel, cousin, webster, burke?

If Ceullar is sold we'll have to buy 2 CH.

Davis must be signed on a permanet deal.

Think CB will need to be first priority as Webster obviously isnt up to replacing Weir due to fitness. A good AM and quality striker would be secondary priorities. LB, RB and LW would be 3rd level priorities IMO.

CB Id try and bring in the South African guy from Pana, he looked good against us (Morris?). Quality AM Ive no idea about (although adding Davis as well as another mid would be fantastic). Quality stiker, Id be happy with Klasnic. LB depends on Smith coming back over the next month or 2, Konchesky was a good shout in the summer and if Fulham are relegated could be again. RB depends if Whittaker can make it his own and I cant think of a LW off the top of my head.

We need at least 4 quality signing in the summer but could do with 6 or 7 imo. Our defence is good but we could do with a quality right back and a new centre back. A left back would be good if the right one came along but i think papac is solid enough and smith will be back next season. In midfield we need a quality left sided midfielder, a new winger and another creative midfielder as well as at least one new striker. I would like to sign that centre back morris who played for panathaniakos, left back if we could get him i would like Taye Taiwo from marseilles. Cracking player but would probably cost a lot. Not sure who to get for the other positions but they must be quality signings not just making up the numbers. Some good player available on bosmans this summer so lets hope we are working behind the scenes to get one or 2 of them signed up and save some money on transfer fees.

We'd be missing a trick if we didn't have a look at a few of the players going down from the Prem. Im sure Bolton/Fulham have one or two players within our price range who could add something to the squad

Provided we steer clear of Derby (And by that I mean Miller)

Walter certainly won't waste any money but I'm sure he'll see a need to strengthen at the back to cope with the amount of games we'll play with being in the CL. I see in the papers this morning that scouts have been checking out 'Kyle Lafferty' the Northern Ireland striker. Apparently he's been approached by Strachan a few times but won't sign for the tims :D Sounds like the kind of player that might provide the physical strength needed up front.

Davis must be signed, looks like it's going to take £4 million to get him but it'd be worth every penny. Try to imagine the past few months had Walter not brought him in during the Jan window :ohmy:

Walter certainly won't waste any money but I'm sure he'll see a need to strengthen at the back to cope with the amount of games we'll play with being in the CL. I see in the papers this morning that scouts have been checking out 'Kyle Lafferty' the Northern Ireland striker. Apparently he's been approached by Strachan a few times but won't sign for the tims :D Sounds like the kind of player that might provide the physical strength needed up front.

Davis must be signed, looks like it's going to take £4 million to get him but it'd be worth every penny. Try to imagine the past few months had Walter not brought him in during the Jan window :ohmy:

Davis + Lafferty would be a good double signing, never hurts to sign bluenoses either :rangers:

I'd say as a priority we need to sign Davis, or another decent attack minded midfielder, a young centre back, and a striker (2 if Cousin is leaving).

Eveything else is secondary as we can survive without them, but a left midfielder and right midfielder wouldn't go a miss.

I'd say as a priority we need to sign Davis, or another decent attack minded midfielder, a young centre back, and a striker (2 if Cousin is leaving).

Eveything else is secondary as we can survive without them, but a left midfielder and right midfielder wouldn't go a miss.

Good call - as far as wide midfielders go- remember Beasley will be like a new signing for us

I'm starting to warm to the Lafferty rumour but nowhere near the £4m mentioned.

If Cuellar were to go that would leave us back to square one regarding the defence so i don't see it happening.

We need 2 CB - One to replace Weir and another as backup.

We need 1 RB - Broadfoot + Whittaker don't fill me with confidence.

We need 1 LW - Badly lacking a left winger to take people on and deliver crosses. (A Neil McCann type)

We need 2 FW - With Cousin likely to go and Darcheville constantly injured we are needing 2 FW.

Also add Davis and maybe Culina in a Bosman deal.

If Cuellar were to go that would leave us back to square one regarding the defence so i don't see it happening.

We need 1 LW - Badly lacking a left winger to take people on and deliver crosses. (A Neil McCann type)

We need 2 FW - With Cousin likely to go and Darcheville constantly injured we are needing 2 FW.

Culina, is that the australian PSV midfielder ?

yes (tu) i forgot he was available on a bosman this summer. good call craigy he would be a good signing i think.

yes (tu) i forgot he was available on a bosman this summer. good call craigy he would be a good signing i think.

Yip he's on a Bosman and he played in the same team as Beasley at PSV (tu)

Priorities:- Davis on a permanent deal. Replacement for Weir (Morris from Panathanikos, as previously mentioned is a great shout) and a quality attacking midfielder.

This is hoping that we can keep big Carlos and Alan McGregor in the summer (i'm sure some of the Premiership clubs are looking at him now).

Priorities:- Davis on a permanent deal. Replacement for Weir (Morris from Panathanikos, as previously mentioned is a great shout) and a quality attacking midfielder.

This is hoping that we can keep big Carlos and Alan McGregor in the summer (i'm sure some of the Premiership clubs are looking at him now).

He was incredibly good against us.

Faster than Novo and can jump higher than McCulloch! Superb defender.

Wonder how much he would cost??

Wonder how much he would cost??

I haven't a clue about his remaining contract length/salary etc, so I couldn't even speculate!

We need to get Davis on a permanent deal.

We also NEED to keep big Carlos and McShagger. Our defense has probably been the strongest improvement this season, and It would be better if we could hold on to most of it... we've already lost Hutton and we're likely to lose Weir this summer. If Cuellar goes and Weir retires we've really lost an entire defense. Not good.