Who should Rangers sign in the summer?

Hughesy92

Having seen him a lot over the past few years I think Jimmy Bullard would be an incredible signing.

He's a quality player, who actually has an incredible work rate for being a so called attacking midfielder and he is also very handy in a dead ball situation.

Although he's now playing for relegation bound Fulham, he played for Wigan when they were in the second tier, challenging for the Championship. That might not seem like that big a deal, but it means he has experience of a winning menality and I believe that a player at the Old Firm needs that.

Although he was at West Ham as a youth they released him, and as a result he had to work his way through the lower leagues before he got the chance to be a Premiership player. Personally I think "serving his apprentiship" so to speak would make him appreciate how lucky he would be to be playing at such a massive club and that would drive him on to do well every time he pulled the shirt on.

There is also the added bonus that he's a character. He is as well known for his interviews and antics as he is for his footballing ability and surely that would be a worthwhile addition if you consider the type of team spirit that WS is looking to build here?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would love to see a new right winger taken in as well as a pacey right and left back also any players who do leave have to be replaced by better ones none of this blackburn rovers reserve crap

If we are looking to replace Hutton with a player who can do a similar job in an attacking sense then I would suggest Bernand Mendy as a potential signing.

He's a modern day full back: tall, agile, quick and very very attack minded with an excellent delivery.

He's at a good age, 26 I believe, and according to some on here is out of contract in the Summer. Even if he isn't out of contract, Celtic were linked with him a few years ago and the rumoured asking price was 2 million, and thats a fee that I think we could pay with relative ease.

With there being a real possibilty that PSG might go down the chance of moving to a team who challenge for league honours and compete in Europe every year would be very tempting IMO.

I think the person that said Mario Gomez deserves a badge.....If only he wasn't such a high transfer fee.

I think we need:

Davis (permanent)

Naldo (That Bremen defender who made the challange on big lee)

Cacau (maybe)

Klasnic and

Pavlyuchenko

They would be some decent singings, I want Davis and 2/3 other of them.

Jefferson Farfan, Rino Gattuso, Cristophe Berra, David Nugent :rangers:

mmm Gattuso. I've always said I'd love to see him back and under McLiesh and PLG I'd have bitten my own arm off to have him but our squad is awash with similar type players such as Thomo, Dailly, Hemdani and I am beginning to sway the other way of thinking. Lets spend the money on attacking midfielders. He's not exactly an attacking midfielder that will get us or assist us in getting goals.

Priorities:- Davis on a permanent deal. Replacement for Weir (Morris from Panathanikos, as previously mentioned is a great shout) and a quality attacking midfielder.

This is hoping that we can keep big Carlos and Alan McGregor in the summer (i'm sure some of the Premiership clubs are looking at him now).

He was incredibly good against us.

Faster than Novo and can jump higher than McCulloch! Superb defender.

Wonder how much he would cost??

I haven't a clue about his remaining contract length/salary etc, so I couldn't even speculate!

i think he's got contract until 2011 and would probably cost us quite an amount of money. he's been capped 26 times for south africa.

Morris is a defensive allrounder and he would definitely be a good signing, but i'm not too sure we're willing to pay as much as panathinaikos want.

what do you guys think of andreas ivanschitz? he's the captain of the austrian national team, a left-footed attack-minded midfielder, 24 years old and he's had a great season. last week he scored the opening goal in austria's 3-4 defeat against the netherlands. he's currently on loan from red bull salzburg but it seems that panathinaikos don't want to make the deal permanent.

i'm not even sure if i would want him to sign for us but i just wanted to know your opinions on him.

i'd much rather we got kim kallstrom - don't know if we have a realistic chance of signing him but if we did i would be absolutely delighted - he's a fantastic player and boy what he could do for us...

imagine this:

---------Ferguson-----Thomson---------

Davis---------Kallstrom---------Beasley

:drool:

besides making the Davis deal permanent, we should sign a quality CB, RB, CM/RM and striker! i put CM/RM because Davis can play either and WS will know what position he's going to play him in next season.

IN WALTER WE TRUST!

:rangers:

Some of the shouts that i have been reading are rather terrible players from kiev that people have i dare to say bt seen once in their puff before anyway ..

IMO we need a CB(Weir finished at top level) LB (Smith injury away from carear) Winger(flair and class) Forward(a clever striker could play lone role bt also link up) and obv a deal to keep davis !

my suggestions .

a knew CB : not 2 sure who i would go for bt Morris from pana is a shout tho he was a bit on the short side .

a knew LB : Taye Taiwo Is a great shout very enegetic full back great shot and freekick on him something we lack also Paul konchesky who we have been linked witha gd few times would be a gd shout as well

a knew Winger : i would like to see somone with pace flair class bit of gile about him a "laudrup" . unfortunatly with our price range i am unable to think of any off the top of my head . suggestions ?

Forward : 2 suggestions that i read i thought were the correct player we were looking for bt sadly there not going to come to the spl and also looking at 8 million plus for both the names were Gomis from st ettien and gomez from stuttgart .i personally would suggest either piquionne or klasnic though i hear he is identical to boyd on the pithc boyd needs 2 play and wee need a clever partner to play with him (de boer would be great in the curret team)

I read someone saying they would be dreaming if we signed somone like kim kallstrom.. why not ? .. we were linked with him under eck before he moved to lyon and he was extreamly interested in joining us and recently he has expressed a desire to leave lyon . with everton potential suitors for him . so imo why cant it happen .

something also tells me smith will look to italy again ..loook at his previous buys alot came from italy even at his time with everton its a market smith knows well and he tried agen in january .

even if wee dnt go for all the positions that i have put down 3 special players would certainly inprove us (in the moulds of de boer , laudrup) hoping we hold on to davis cuellar that is!

anywae this is only my opinion

keep posting people

WE ARE THE PEOPLE !

CB- must (Morris was indeed excellent, but other options in Spain would be plausible as well) Walter will find someone, but keeping Cuellar unless a ridiculous bid comes in is a necessity.

RB- Walter Smith's system seems to allow the right back to get forward with regularity, so attacking presence is needed ; Taya Taiwo has looked really good when I have seen him. Wes Brown will be available but expensive.

Striker- if Cousin leaves, then Rangers need another option to play uptop alone. Gomez is a bit too pricey, Klasnic seems possible, but this one is tough. Not Kenny Miller (although he is not as bad as some would have you believe). Jefferson Farfan has been excellent but also expensive.

Right Winger- DMB should play on left, but someone else would be advisable so Burke is only cover on the right. Clint Dempsey will be available from Fulham, but I don't think he is right for Rangers.

Box-to-Box attacking midfielder- Michael Bradley at Heerenveen, 20 year old I mentioned about 5 months ago, now has 15 goals in the Eredivisie (3rd overall in the league), and can play both ways. Also has international experience for the U.S. (his father, Bob Bradley is the gaffer) ; I say this because Davis is likely to be bought by someone in the EPL and Bradley is better. Also I love Jimmy Bullard but so does everyone in the EPL, and he will likely be bought by a mid table club for a high price. Tim Cahill will likely be available from Everton, but the same applies.

Bradley's most recent goal for Veen' and 19th in all comps - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVFBwZXYoXw

Two weeks ago I had a painstaking list of fees and notes on players for the above positions but I seem to have misplaced it. Bah.

Arthur Boka is a quality player. Kind of reminds me of Roberto Carlos. A quick, athletic, powerful, strong attack minded full-back. I dont know how much he'd cost, £3-5m maybe, Ludovic Magnin has renewed his contract so Boka maybe available?